06/18/22 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

10 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Get Dave Grohl. The ultimate "fuck you" to Kurt Cobain and I'd love it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure his mind is still elsewhere at the moment, and one of his first public performances since March won't be at a GnR gig...

• Like 1

I bet that if Frank can't play, they have someone in their crew who can fill in. Pearl Jam had Josh Klinghoffer fill in on many of the songs when Matt had covid. Josh joined the touring line up recently for backup vocals, keyboards and guitars, but he can play drums too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Why not? Maybe it's a sign to actually close the clown fest, to focus on proper studio material?

Like in the half of 2018, almost entire 2019, and let's not forget the entirety of 2020? Yep.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure his mind is still elsewhere at the moment, and one of his first public performances since March won't be at a GnR gig...

I don't think it'll happen, but I think he can use it as a distraction. Like when they were having problems with the foos, he went on to do a record and toured with QOTSA.

8 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I don't think it'll happen, but I think he can use it as a distraction. Like when they were having problems with the foos, he went on to do a record and toured with QOTSA.

That's not the same. I'm sure he's still mourning the loss of his best friend and bandmate. Learning GnR songs at the last minute and being in public is the last thing on his mind, I am sure.

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Like in the half of 2018, almost entire 2019, and let's not forget the entirety of 2020? Yep.

You're right about that. But still I think they better shut this tour down for the sake of the brand. People tend to fool themselves thinking Axl's vocals are ok but it's not. It's shameful. I can't distinguish Axl's vocals from Dustin Bones'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If Frank has just picked up this injury since the last show, then it's very short notice to fly someone else over to Europe and be able to actually get some meaningful rehearsal time.

If he's not able to play then I'd figure they'd borrow either get some local session drummer (who can learn the set quickly), use someone (maybe multiple) from other bands on the bill or just get Frank's tech as cover.