06/18/22 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

6 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Sorum would have been best for the band because of the chemistry he has with Slash and Duff. Great timing. 

U all really think they will ship a guy to Europe from wherever he is now to play a gig with his ex band? Sorry to dissapoint u but cancellacion is more real than that 

9 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

U all really think they will ship a guy to Europe from wherever he is now to play a gig with his ex band? Sorry to dissapoint u but cancellacion is more real than that 

Nope, not from the US. But if Josh is in Europe then I think it could be done. He would likely do it, he is super professional. He is also on good terms with Axl and Slash and is a hugely respected musicians. Finally, he is so good and professional there would be no risk involved. 

2 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

If Frank has just picked up this injury since the last show, then it's very short notice to fly someone else over to Europe and be able to actually get some meaningful rehearsal time.

If he's not able to play then I'd figure they'd borrow either get some local session drummer (who can learn the set quickly), use someone (maybe multiple) from other bands on the bill or just get Frank's tech as cover.

Tommy lee left 5 songs in, another drummer came in with zero time and didn't miss a beat.  Spend, 500 bucks and fly in matt

Edited by fabrph5

Hi, reporting from front row. The gap between the stage and crowd seems to be normal (lot smaller than in Norway). The heat is extreme!

No word or info if Frank will be on drums or not. I arrived 14.30 and the soundcheck had already ended. A fan said he heard Slash play in soundcheck but no Axl.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Sorum would have been best for the band because of the chemistry he has with Slash and Duff. Great timing. 

I read somewhere recently that Sorum has 0 communication with anyone in the current band and they are not on good terms.

Edited by vloors

56 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

It has already ended

Soundcheck included whole or almost whole Estranged, someone was speaking to the microphone at the beginning of the song. (I heard it  all from my home...) GNR´s show should start in about 2 hours.

let's have Axl play the drums so he can lose some weight, get Dizzy to sing (Hookers n' Blow), fire Melissa (she's jacked up on sugar), have Fortus play on Slash , and Duff will be a conductor-type-a-thing (you know/you know). 'Cause he knows. What Slash. Is thinking.... in his head.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, whatashame said:

let's have Axl play the drums so he can lose some weight, get Dizzy to sing (Hookers n' Blow), fire Melissa (she's jacked up on sugar), have Fortus play on Slash , and Duff will be a conductor-type-a-thing (you know/you know). 'Cause he knows. What Slash. Is thinking.... in his head.

Tokyo Dome concert excerpts 

• GNFNR 1

As much as I'd like to see Brain play with the band again, I don't think he'd do it on short notice. When he did that last tour with Buckethead, he mentioned he didn't even have a practice kit at home anymore, and that was 5 years ago... he's probably not about to go do a 3-hour set full of songs he hasn't played in years.

Brent Fitz would be awesome, even if it's just a few songs. The most likely substitute would be Franks tech, though.