06/28/22 - Dublin, IE - Marlay Park

alfierose

1 hour ago, Lancelottie said:

I have VIP Early Entry. Those with VIP Ultimate Paradise are allowed to enter before us. But they usually are in their bar when we E.E. are allowed to enter. You may be lucky 🤞

Fingers crossed, going to this one alone and the barrier is nice and inconspicuous :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thomasmcole said:

MCD are saying no early queuing permitted. Surely this isn't correct and people will queue regardless? 

How early is early??? Some friends of mine always queue at 8-9 in the morning. I usuallay 11-12, but probably earlier this time. We always have Early Entry.

I have no idea where in Marlay Park the concert is. They didn’t email me a map.

Edited by Lancelottie
  • Like 1

Hello Dublin 🇮🇪  I’ve just arrived, and I’ll probably never gonna find out how to get to the city centre or whatever 😅  So I’m staying at the airport until I’m going to Ballisteer Park this afternoon. Too bad I’m not gonna see much of the city.

Have a great time tomorrow!

Edited by Lancelottie

1 hour ago, Lancelottie said:

Hello Dublin 🇮🇪  I’ve just arrived, and I’ll probably never gonna find out how to get to the city centre or whatever 😅  So I’m staying at the airport until I’m going to Ballisteer Park this afternoon. Too bad I’m not gonna see much of the city.

Have a great time tomorrow!

Welcome to Ireland. Bus or taxi is your best option to the city centre.

https://www.dublinpublictransport.ie/dublin-airport-bus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lancelottie said:

How early is early??? Some friends of mine always queue at 8-9 in the morning. I usuallay 11-12, but probably earlier this time. We always have Early Entry.

Yeah I'm thinking around 12 myself. Same here not seen a map either, if you happen to come across one feel free to share! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lancelottie said:

Follow the crowd!

For those coming from city centre I would advise a bus from this service - also near bars so you can drink up in advance of getting down. It's about an hour from city centre which is a pain.

https://marathoncoaches.ie/collections/concerts/products/guns-roses-at-marlay-park-from-custom-house-quay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thomasmcole said:

Yeah I'm thinking around 12 myself. Same here not seen a map either, if you happen to come across one feel free to share! 

I’ll ask my host tomorrow. I’m so close to Marlay I can hear Green Day. Even when I’m in my room. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Apparently there were massive delays getting into the venue tonight, people missing the start of the other acts set just an FYI. 

I heard the same. Hopefully the cause of the delays get ironed out by tomorrow. 

For those asking where in Marlay the gig is, it’s at the entrance across the road from the Lidl / Aldi (not sure which one it is). As far as I’m aware that’s the main entrance to the park. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Apparently there were massive delays getting into the venue tonight, people missing the start of the other acts set just an FYI. 

Is there only one gate? On my ticket it says GA1, but I have to register at the check-in points at College Road or Grange Road. If both Golden Circle and the rest have the same entrance there’s got to be delays.