06/28/22 - Dublin, IE - Marlay Park

alfierose

12 hours ago, Lancelottie said:

Hello Dublin 🇮🇪  I’ve just arrived, and I’ll probably never gonna find out how to get to the city centre or whatever 😅  So I’m staying at the airport until I’m going to Ballisteer Park this afternoon. Too bad I’m not gonna see much of the city.

Have a great time tomorrow!

Glad to hear you made it 👍

14 hours ago, Lancelottie said:

Hello Dublin 🇮🇪  I’ve just arrived, and I’ll probably never gonna find out how to get to the city centre or whatever 😅  So I’m staying at the airport until I’m going to Ballisteer Park this afternoon. Too bad I’m not gonna see much of the city.

Have a great time tomorrow!

It's a tiny city get in there, you can't really get too far lost in the city centre. Once 4/5hrs before the gig start making your way to the gig. Excessive amount of time for Tuesday in Dublin imo but if you are nervous that will give you loads of time. As much as I don't care I also wish I could see this show 😄 I might fly and see them at the end of the year when I'm free!

6 hours ago, mystery said:

Since its part of the setlist now, when did the Blues become Street of Dreams? Was it when Chinese Democracy released? Was it still the Blues on the 2006-07 tours?

If I remember correctly, it was called The Blues all the way until they released the tracklisting of Chinese Democracy, in the fall or late summer of 2008, and it was dubbed Street of Dreams. Never really liked that name change. "The Blues" sounds so simple and straightforward, iconic even, whereas "Street of Dreams" sounds a bit too... blah, I guess. It's a bit too try-hardish name.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

If I remember correctly, it was called The Blues all the way until they released the tracklisting of Chinese Democracy, in the fall or late summer of 2008, and it was dubbed Street of Dreams. Never really liked that name change. "The Blues" sounds so simple and straightforward, iconic even, whereas "Street of Dreams" sounds a bit too... blah, I guess. It's a bit too try-hardish name.

"Street of dreams" sounds like a Winger song :D

And it's a prominent line in Whitesnake's "Here I go again".

"The Blues" was much a much better title, like the music, it got worse with time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Anyone know where abouts the entrance is? Hoping to be in the queue for 12ish

I’m here. Someone who was here yesterday said they let everyone in at the VIP check-in point. Golden Circle and the rest were mixed. They’ll problably not have just one entrance today. 

Edited by Lancelottie

1 hour ago, Lancelottie said:

I’m here. Someone who was here yesterday said they let everyone in at the VIP check-in point. Golden Circle and the rest were mixed. They’ll problably not have just one entrance today. 

Gold circle tickets are usually same entrance as standard tickets. When you get in, you exchange the ticket for a wrist band to gain entry to the gold circle. Dont think you will get your stub back. 

1 hour ago, Lancelottie said:

Many in the GA/GC queue at the moment? Decided to stop for a pint on the way and to escape the rain

3 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

For a while it was referred to as "Stardust" I'm sure. Not officially or anything but in alleged leaked tracklists before Chinese was released 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

image.png.0846f3997be87d6c5d7778b4086b37e7.png

Notes: The design blends the iconic Appetite for Destruction cross with traditional insular art imagery such as celtic knots and takes inspiration from the Book of Kells, considered to be the paramount example of insular illumination and Latin alphabet calligraphy.

Artist: Arian Buhler

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Thank you. I think there could have been a compromise where the song is called Street of Dreams (The Blues) much like Locomotive (Complicity) or Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock n' Roll Decadence).

52 minutes ago, mystery said:

Thank you. I think there could have been a compromise where the song is called Street of Dreams (The Blues) much like Locomotive (Complicity) or Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock n' Roll Decadence).

In the chats from 2008, I think Axl specifically said "The Blues" was just a band working title, and he wanted to save a name like that for a song that was actually based more in the blues. 

• Like 2