06/28/22 - Dublin, IE - Marlay Park

alfierose

15 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

In the chats from 2008, I think Axl specifically said "The Blues" was just a band working title, and he wanted to save a name like that for a song that was actually based more in the blues. 

Axl: "The Blues was my first working title and I was never comfortable with it in the sense that I felt that should be used with a bluesier based song. And here in Hollywood with the walk of fame etc I had always seen that imagery in my head when I think of it. I also like the idea of the song having in effect two titles" [mygnrforum, December 12, 2008].

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

In the chats from 2008, I think Axl specifically said "The Blues" was just a band working title, and he wanted to save a name like that for a song that was actually based more in the blues. 

If I remember correctly, in an old interview with Fernando he called it: "That's Called The Blues" so maybe they used that as a working title since it's in the lyrics, then later abbreviated to The Blues. Much like Catcher, Riad, etc. are abbreviated. Sorry was "I'm Sorry" too at one point. 

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

That kind of makes sense, to go back to that time when we were optimistic for further music beyond Chinese Democracy.

13 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Local times!
17:00 - Phil Campbell and the Bastards Sons
17:50 - Gary Clark Jr.
19:00-23:30 Guns N' Roses

Curious that today they have lots of time, like 4:30 hours, could we see a longer show today?

With 4:30 hours I am not saying they will use It all😅

33 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Local times!
17:00 - Phil Campbell and the Bastards Sons
17:50 - Gary Clark Jr.
19:00-23:30 Guns N' Roses

4.5 hours? wow. Although I don't think they will play everything on the alt list, but still, hopefully you guys will be getting a somewhat longer show tonight.

Edited by VeeR

Just now, VeeR said:

4.5 hours? wow. Although I don't think they will play everything on the alt list, but still, hopefully you guys will be getting a a somewhat longer show tonight.

I doubt they'll be on time. Maybe 7.30pm onstage and 3hrs and half show.

7 minutes ago, VeeR said:

4.5 hours? wow. Although I don't think they will play everything on the alt list, but still, hopefully you guys will be getting a somewhat longer show tonight.

The official twitter only says the start time - but the facebook page says 11:30 - but I also hear from this board, that there was a curfew at 11pm, so who knows? If we're lucky to have someone update us from the show, then we'll know when it starts and ends, hopefully. They played only 2 hours 30 minutes in France. The longest show they have playd in 2022 so far is 195 minutes in Poland, as far as I remember. I don't have all the complete showtimes yet...

22 minutes ago, VeeR said:

Extended version of KOHD

9 minutes ago, Mickey said:

The longest show they have playd in 2022 so far is 195 minutes in Poland, as far as I remember. I don't have all the complete showtimes yet...

200 minutes (3 hours 20 minutes)

/ actually I just looked at my pictures - it so happens I took one right when they went on stage and at the very end of PC. They went on stage at 7:29PM, PC ended at 10:53PM, so to be precise, Warsaw show was 204 min or 3hrs 24mins

Edited by swirkh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, swirkh said:

Extended version of KOHD

200 minutes (3 hours 20 minutes)

/ actually I just looked at my pictures - it so happens I took one right when they went on stage and at the very end of PC. They went on stage at 7:29PM, PC ended at 10:53PM, so to be precise, Warsaw show was 204 min or 3hrs 24mins

Thanks for the info - I am not that great with math and calculating time - it gives me headache! I must remember to start my stopwatch next time when I know the show begins and ends...I never thought of that in the 15 years I've been following the setlists and put them on my fanblogs!

• Like 1