07/01/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

I've been looking at these London shows and there are only garbage tickets left. But if I do decide to buy them, what would be the easiest way to go to the venue from central London and how does one get back at night? Uber? 

Hold on for tickets if the ones you want aren't there. Ticketmaster will be playing their usual 'create the false illusion of demand' to shift the crappy tickets. It's their standard ploy. 

Easiest way to get there will be Tube. Forget Uber- their prices will be through the roof as Foo Fighters are playing on the same night, and goodness knows what other events. You don't need them anyway- just look for the nearest Tube to wherever you're staying, and hop on it. If you think it's too busy after the show, just hang back a bit and it'll soon be less so. No time limits as most of the lines run all night on a weekend now. 

I know London pretty well, so just shout up if you want me to show you the best route there and back. Not going to the shows but happy to send the route over if it helps. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Hold on for tickets if the ones you want aren't there. Ticketmaster will be playing their usual 'create the false illusion of demand' to shift the crappy tickets. It's their standard ploy. 

Easiest way to get there will be Tube. Forget Uber- their prices will be through the roof as Foo Fighters are playing on the same night, and goodness knows what other events. You don't need them anyway- just look for the nearest Tube to wherever you're staying, and hop on it. If you think it's too busy after the show, just hang back a bit and it'll soon be less so. No time limits as most of the lines run all night on a weekend now. 

I know London pretty well, so just shout up if you want me to show you the best route there and back. Not going to the shows but happy to send the route over if it helps. 

Thank you so much! I'm familiar with the tube but I haven't gone that far out from central London before so it's a little scary 😄 Good to know it runs at night too, I don't wanna end up stranded an hour away lol. Will definitely hit you up if I have more questions 🤗 I'm gonna go ahead an buy flights and hope to get tickets later 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VampireSoul said:

Thank you so much! I'm familiar with the tube but I haven't gone that far out from central London before so it's a little scary 😄 Good to know it runs at night too, I don't wanna end up stranded an hour away lol. Will definitely hit you up if I have more questions 🤗 I'm gonna go ahead an buy flights and hope to get tickets later 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Ah, so you're coming from abroad? 

You definitely won't end up stranded! 

The nearest tube to the venue is actually a miles walk, but there is an Overground station nearer (that basically will take you to Liverpool Street Station). If it was me, I wouldn't bother with that though and would just walk to the tube station, called Seven Sisters. It will be signposted and you'll probably be just following the crowds. 

If you let me know where you're staying some time, I'll give you the quickest route for when you get on the tube. 

The venue is is what's called 'Zone 3' so isn't really too far out of central London in terms of the tube.....but it would definitely be an expensive taxi journey! 

You'll definitely get tickets. Just keep looking at the ticket site every so often and keep an eye on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, so you're coming from abroad? 

You definitely won't end up stranded! 

The nearest tube to the venue is actually a miles walk, but there is an Overground station nearer (that basically will take you to Liverpool Street Station). If it was me, I wouldn't bother with that though and would just walk to the tube station, called Seven Sisters. It will be signposted and you'll probably be just following the crowds. 

If you let me know where you're staying some time, I'll give you the quickest route for when you get on the tube. 

The venue is is what's called 'Zone 3' so isn't really too far out of central London in terms of the tube.....but it would definitely be an expensive taxi journey! 

You'll definitely get tickets. Just keep looking at the ticket site every so often and keep an eye on it. 

Yeah, coming from Finland 😃 would think it's allowed in by July, double vaxxed etc. Staying near Russell Square, just booked hotel tonight 🙂 I've been looking at the tube routes on google maps, I think it suggested 2 tubes and W3 bus or something 🤔 Tubes I can handle but I've never been on a London bus... They take oyster cards too, right? 

Yeah, will be following the tickets, I'm fine with either date, as I will be in London from June 30th until July 3rd 👍🏻 Then going to Skegness to stay with friends 😂😭

27 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

Yeah, coming from Finland 😃 would think it's allowed in by July, double vaxxed etc. Staying near Russell Square, just booked hotel tonight 🙂 I've been looking at the tube routes on google maps, I think it suggested 2 tubes and W3 bus or something 🤔 Tubes I can handle but I've never been on a London bus... They take oyster cards too, right? 

Yeah, will be following the tickets, I'm fine with either date, as I will be in London from June 30th until July 3rd 👍🏻 Then going to Skegness to stay with friends 😂😭

Buses take Oyster yeah, or you can actually just use contactless on your bank card now.....although it might work out better exchange-rate/bank fees wise just to load up an Oyster so you're only paying once. 

Russel Square up to Seven Sisters you can do it so you only need to change Tube lines once, then I'd probably walk from the Seven Sisters tube to the venue. Not sure how you are with walking, but to me a mile or so is nothing really and not worth bothering waiting for the bus for. 

I think you'll find it all really easy and it will be signposted. Nothing to worry about whatsoever really...other than Covid! 

Anyway, give me a shout nearer the time and I can give you some more detailed advice on places to go etc if you need it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Buses take Oyster yeah, or you can actually just use contactless on your bank card now.....although it might work out better exchange-rate/bank fees wise just to load up an Oyster so you're only paying once. 

Russel Square up to Seven Sisters you can do it so you only need to change Tube lines once, then I'd probably walk from the Seven Sisters tube to the venue. Not sure how you are with walking, but to me a mile or so is nothing really and not worth bothering waiting for the bus for. 

I think you'll find it all really easy and it will be signposted. Nothing to worry about whatsoever really...other than Covid! 

Anyway, give me a shout nearer the time and I can give you some more detailed advice on places to go etc if you need it! 

I will need an oyster anyway, but a mile is nothing as I walk about 10 miles at work every day 😄 so that sounds like a good plan 🙌🏻 Will hit you up later if I have questions. Thanks for all the info again! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone got tickets for this show? Most fans I know have got refunds or didn't bother getting tickets.

I got a refund as Friday clashed with Aerosmith. I still have my Saturday gold circle ticket but the thought of 2 nights running doesn't excite me.

I wonder what sales are like as it looks far from sold out

27 minutes ago, Honeyxcyanide said:

I had a look and currently prices are crazy high. Might look closer to the date 

Lots of availability too. I would only go 2 nights running if I got a really cheap ticket so I could check out the stadium and get one of them fancy pints that pour from the bottom of the glass

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

Still got my tickets for both nights, however I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to bother at all with all the shows I have booked. 

My mate applied for a refund yesterday for his Saturday tickets.

I have my Saturday gold circle but there's no way I'm paying that price again. Just remembered I have Glasgow booked too. The same show 3 times in 5 days!  Not very appealing 

3 minutes ago, WildStar said:

My mate applied for a refund yesterday for his Saturday tickets.

I have my Saturday gold circle but there's no way I'm paying that price again. Just remembered I have Glasgow booked too. The same show 3 times in 5 days!  Not very appealing 

Same boat man - though I'd be in Mother Ireland first then all the way through to Glesga. It's a lot of hassle and I'm getting too old to continuously make that sort of effort to hear the same show, but if there is more tunes dropped, that may be enough to motivate me. At the very least, I'll keep the Glesga date just so I can say I've heard Absurd and Hard Skool!

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Same boat man - though I'd be in Mother Ireland first then all the way through to Glesga. It's a lot of hassle and I'm getting too old to continuously make that sort of effort to hear the same show, but if there is more tunes dropped, that may be enough to motivate me. At the very least, I'll keep the Glesga date just so I can say I've heard Absurd and Hard Skool!

Yep I got a refund for Ireland too. I had 4 bloody shows booked all those years ago.

Good owld Glesga is OK to drive back after the show for me so not too bad.

I do want to hear Hard Skool live and whatever cover they add

• GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, ssiscool said:

What's the going rate for tickets these days? Not that I could make it as its my kids birthday so priorities and all :(

101gbp for GA with fees I brought 2 tixs from LN in Jan 

GS is around 175 185gbp