07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Going to be very bad publicity wise imo, also should have been announced yesterday. Still not officially announced.

But yes I agree better than them struggling through it if Axl is unwell, hope he's feeling better soon. 

Can't help but feel he pushed his voice too hard due to the sound issues in London and blew his voice. 

Yeah that's true I suppose....but I'm definitely on the side of giving people their money back if you can't guarantee a good show. Even though it is really shit for those looking forward to it, or who have made travel plans. 

I think you're probably right, but I also think there might be other problems around them pushing things too far in general. 

• janrichmond changed the title to 07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.
Just now, Gold top 78 said:

I understand it’s the right thing to do as health comes first. Not going to lie though I’m gutted as this was going to be my first time seeing GNR and I’ve waited nearly 30 years for this. Here’s hoping Axl has a quick recovery 

Hopefully a new date will be announced in the following weeks

6 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I understand it’s the right thing to do as health comes first. Not going to lie though I’m gutted as this was going to be my first time seeing GNR and I’ve waited nearly 30 years for this. Here’s hoping Axl has a quick recovery 

Was gonna be my first time as well. Kinda gutting that they announced it so late, probably should have made this decision yesterday. Hopefully Axl is doing okay, though.

Edited by Jw224
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Hopefully a new date will be announced in the following weeks

I hope so too though it’s hard to see where it would fit right now. I’ll have ma holiday sheet ready in ma hand when they do 🤣. Ah well a night out in Glasgow it is then as it’s too late to cancel the hotel. 

Edited by Gold top 78

The premise of the show was an add on to the TRNSMT festival this coming weekend so additional infrastructure costs are at a minimum, so unless they could do it straight after it is probably not economic never mind logistically possible given how many would cash in tickets anyway as working etc.

Fortunately the train wasn't too expensive but hotel money gone. Glad I went to both London shows now and will just work tomorrow and hope for a US tour later this year to go over for.

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

Was gonna be my first time as well. Kinda gutting that they announced it so late, hopefully Axl is doing okay, though.

Yeah here’s hoping. After the 2nd London show I’ve had a feeling this would happen. The Red Hot Chilli Peppers cancelled their Scottish show for the same reason about 10 days ago. 

1 minute ago, Gold top 78 said:

Yeah here’s hoping. After the 2nd London show I’ve had a feeling this would happen. The Red Hot Chilli Peppers cancelled their Scottish show for the same reason about 10 days ago. 

Someone had back problems. I saw the Peppers last night. They're fine. 

Absolutely gutted..... was my lads first GnR gig and my first reunion gig. Already travelled up this morning from Nottingham, paid for two nights in hotel , VIP tickets, etc .... wish it had been yesterday when they announced it .....  Hope Axl recovers soon though.... 😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad 5

It may well help the chance of a re-arrangement if RHCP and GNR have outdoor shows in Glasgow to re-arrange. 

Some cost sharing may make it viable. Just talk Biffy Clyro into doing a night as well at short notice :-D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_GNR said:

The premise of the show was an add on to the TRNSMT festival this coming weekend so additional infrastructure costs are at a minimum, so unless they could do it straight after it is probably not economic never mind logistically possible given how many would cash in tickets anyway as working etc.

Fortunately the train wasn't too expensive but hotel money gone. Glad I went to both London shows now and will just work tomorrow and hope for a US tour later this year to go over for.

Yeah that's what makes me think rescheduling will be difficult. That and the fact it's a public park, so you can't just close it off without various announcements placed well in advance. 

feel bad for you guys this has happened as this tour has been on fire. I feared the Tour would be postponed as he clearly f'd up his voice in London.

The fact people will criticize Axl or Guns for this though is a joke. Lets just hope he recovers. As mentioned in the comments first cancelled gig since this whole thing started in 2016. Get behind the band and hope he recovers

7 minutes ago, wyldie1978 said:

Absolutely gutted..... was my lads first GnR gig and my first reunion gig. Already travelled up this morning from Nottingham, paid for two nights in hotel , VIP tickets, etc .... wish it had been yesterday when they announced it .....  Hope Axl recovers soon though.... 😭😭😭😭😭

Thats shit Mate feel for you and the rest

• Thanks 1

Well - that’s a ‘boot in the baws’. I was literally just making travel plans for getting through to Glasgow and got the message. 🤦‍♂️

Not a surprise unfortunately after what went down this weekend….bloody typical. But - shit clearly got serious at the weekend so hopefully Axl is OK and we just wait (for a fourth attempt 🤣) until the next time. Which will be super-awesome as he will be singing stuff in his new approach and it will be killer…..

And if location is a problem for a reschedule…move it to the Hydro or something.

• Like 1

Hope axl gets better and sorry for everyone who misses out. Maybe it would never happen but I'd be happy with duff fronting in this situation supported by Melissa and Dizzy, both of whom have good voices. Duffs got the charisma to front