07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

1 minute ago, axl666 said:

Hope axl gets better and sorry for everyone who misses out. Maybe it would never happen but I'd be happy with duff fronting in this situation supported by Melissa and Dizzy, both of whom have good voices. Duffs got the charisma to front

Yeah I think they could do it but Guns N’ Roses without Axl at the helm would be ridiculous. Think you’d have a lot of angry fans and it just doesn’t feel right.

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Well - that’s a ‘boot in the baws’. I was literally just making travel plans for getting through to Glasgow and got the message. 🤦‍♂️

Not a surprise unfortunately after what went down this weekend….bloody typical. But - shit clearly got serious at the weekend so hopefully Axl is OK and we just wait (for a fourth attempt 🤣) until the next time. Which will be super-awesome as he will be singing stuff in his new approach and it will be killer…..

And if location is a problem for a reschedule…move it to the Hydro or something.

I’m guessing the Hydro is absolutely tiny compared to what they had booked and the number of tickets sold. For an open air show it’s gotta be a big crowd, and the Hydro holds like…16k if memory serves?

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah I think they could do it but Guns N’ Roses without Axl at the helm would be ridiculous. Think you’d have a lot of angry fans and it just doesn’t feel right.

You know, I actually think if there was a genuine reason- which there is here- an audience would totally get behind this. They'd still get their night out. Metallica did something similar a few years ago when Jason newsted took over vocals for a night

Just now, Gem Archer said:

given the circumstances i think they're gonna cancel the remainder of the european tour...

This is what I see happening too. I think the SA dates and beyond will happen but with lots of rest for Axl and then a brand new setlist entirely in the lower key.

I totally understand the reasons but fk me .... the management should be releasing something along side ticketmaster ..... the PR side is rubbish.....just a statement is a minimum but an actual explanation from someone close the band or from the band would be good. 

• Like 1

Just now, wyldie1978 said:

I totally understand the reasons but fk me .... the management should be releasing something along side ticketmaster ..... the PR side is rubbish.....just a statement is a minimum but an actual explanation from someone close the band or from the band would be good. 

less than 24 hours until the show and the Band's PR doesn't feel the need to post an update, shocking. 

Might be a sign that the rest of the tour is being reconsidered. If Axl needs vocal rest then fair, still sucks though.

Just now, Dangom1 said:

I'm amazed there's no word from the band even since Saturday. They even all travelled yo Scotland? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah Meegan is in Glasgow.

2 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

I'm amazed there's no word from the band even since Saturday. They even all travelled yo Scotland? 🤷‍♂️

It looked like they stayed on London. Duff was there for the stones gig, Vanessa and her family were also still there. Doesn't look like they ever went to Scotland 

23 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

given the circumstances i think they're gonna cancel the remainder of the european tour...

A pal of mine was drinking with 2 roadies in the Variety Bar in Glasgow and they told him that Axl's throat is fckd.

• Wow 1