07/08/22 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Snytefant said:

My flights and hotel are already paid and non-refundable. Going to Munich regardless.
What is there to do there other than Guns if/when it's cancelled?

-Eisbach Wave, local surfspot.

-Vorhölzer Forum, nice roof top area at the local university with a great view 

-The area of Maxvorstadt, cool and urban area with lots of restaurants and stores

-Englischer Garten, beautiful park

-The Olympic Park, with the beautiful stadium where the concert is supposed to happen, lots of history as the 1972 Olympics have the 50th anniversay this year.

-Viktualienmarkt, some kind of historic street food area 

-Rathausplatz and the whole inncer city as well up to the Stachus, nice to look at and to go shopping if this is something for you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My heart just stopped for a second. Got an email from Ticketmaster regarding the gig.
100% thought it was because it was cancelled. 
My german isn't that strong, so had to use translate before I could figure out what is was about.

It's about limited parking, and they are telling people to use public transport :lol:
image.png.2a04067984a8d2112e283ef30c88cf67.png

Dear Customer,

The organizer asked us to provide you with the following information about parking options for the "Guns N' Roses" concert planned for July 8th, 2022 in Munich.

Please take note of the following guidelines:

"Due to events taking place at the same time and simultaneous construction work in the Olympic Park and therefore only limited parking options
the visitors of the Guns N' Roses concert on July 8, 2022 are asked to use public transport and the Park & Ride places
around Munich and enough time
plan for an early arrival.
For more information, see
www.mvv-muenchen.de

At the same time, we would like to point out once again that carrying bags and backpacks is prohibited.

We wish you a lot of fun!"

Edited by Snytefant
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, Snytefant said:

My heart just stopped for a second. Got an emil from Ticketmaste regarding the gig.
100% it was because it was cancelled. 
My german isn't that strong, so had to use translate before I could figure out what is was about.

It's about limited parking, and they are telling people to use public transport :lol:
image.png.2a04067984a8d2112e283ef30c88cf67.png

Lol, same here. Those fuckers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

This gig just got postponed. Didn't expect Axl to be miraculously better in a few days

Source??

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This gig just got postponed. Didn't expect Axl to be miraculously better in a few days

Screenshot_20220706-170532.jpg

That's the old google info that has been showing since Monday. That's no legit info

7 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Source??

That's the old google info that has been showing since Monday. That's no legit info

Oh I didn't see that before now, but that's apparently sourced through ticketmaster. Quite possible it's old info. Would be strange for the band to fly to Germany if they knew the gig was canned. Hoping it's not cancelled for any of you peeps going!

The little I know on the subject of damaging your vocal chords generally means a few weeks off min. I assume if he plays this German gig then it's far less severe than we were thinking.

Edited by Tom2112