07/08/22 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

14 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I know about Ron Anderson and as we know it seems they were working much closely back in 2016.

I meant like an active coach similar to '06 with Seb Bach.

Anyhow, As a fan I'm happy the man is back on his feet. I take it as a positive move and have been always giving credit for anything positive by Axl and the band.

He didn't really work much with Bach's vocal coach in 2006. He just used some vocal exercises from him

“If anyone’s serious about singing, they should work with Don,” says rock vocalist Sebastian Bach. When Guns N’ Roses’ Axl Rose asked Mr. Bach how he gets his pipes ready for touring, Mr. Bach recommended Mr. Lawrence and made Mr. Rose a copy of his warm-up tape. (Both singers are known for their high-pitched screams.)

A decade ago, Mr. Lawrence met Mr. Rose in a Manhattan hotel room just a few hours before a gig. After some reluctance, Mr. Rose took to Mr. Lawrence’s exercises; they’ve worked two more times since. “To this day, Axl warms up to [a tape of] me—warming up with Don,” Mr. Bach says.

http://www.dougdaller.com/index.php?page=gaga

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Not confirmed. There are numerous reports of Axl spitting and/or blowing his nose in previous shows.

It's kind of gross but I've seen him do both at every outdoor show I've seen since 2016. Prior to COVID he just hocked loogies all over the stage. After COVID they gave him a garbage can to spit into. It is definitely not an uncommon occurrence.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Now that he's seeing a vocal coach hopefully there will be some improvement over time. It's good he's doing it. 

I don't know that "now" is correct.  We have seen his former vocal coach at shows.  He could have his vocal coach on staff for all we know.  But he is taking responsibility for it and wants quality work.

6 hours ago, Paulywauly said:

For me personally GNR is Axl's voice, when I saw them in Dublin 2010, after the trouble when they came back on and he just stood in the same spot rest of the show I stood at the back of that arena in awe as those vocals ripped through the arena like a fucking chainsaw.

His voice is stronger when he isn't as mobile imo.

That said if Axl stood still for almost three hours people may feel short-changed.

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

It's kind of gross but I've seen him do both at every outdoor show I've seen since 2016. Prior to COVID he just hocked loogies all over the stage. After COVID they gave him a garbage can to spit into. It is definitely not an uncommon occurrence.

Yeah strange I’ve seen a dozen or so shows since the reunion and it was only during the 2022 shows I noticed him gobbing everywhere (and into a garbage can as you say)

2 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Manny Charlton from Nazareth died yesterday, will we have some kind of tribute? He was the first guy to produce a Guns demo

Sorry to hear that. My dad and I saw him perform in Kalamazoo, MI with his Nazareth band then. I believe it was in 2008.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Hair of the Dog would be fitting!

The amount of rasp needed to do that justice might be a problem right now - unless this vocal coach can do immediate wonders! It’s a song which should have been played so many times before (and certainly ahead of BHS etc).

4 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Are we sure the plane is just used for GNR and not for other purposes in the meantime?

It could, but it seems like it's 100% at band's disposal, as it doesn't fly much at all besides locations of GNR gigs.

Though with each time that plane takes off, it doesn't automatically mean there are any band members onboard. It could be some family members or band management.

We don't know, so it seems kinda pointless to follow every move of the airplane honestly.

At least I have en excuse as I'm an aviation geek, so I stalk random airplanes quite often regardless lol

Edited by swirkh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

The amount of rasp needed to do that justice might be a problem right now - unless this vocal coach can do immediate wonders! It’s a song which should have been played so many times before (and certainly ahead of BHS etc).

It wouldn’t sound that bad in his lower voice I think, but we’ll need to wait and see if it’s even played first! And definitely agree that it should be played more!

1 hour ago, Dean said:

It wouldn’t sound that bad in his lower voice I think, but we’ll need to wait and see if it’s even played first! And definitely agree that it should be played more!

Yeah - could probably do a good job in the lower voice TBF. Let’s hope they follow their ‘tradition’ and play it as a show of respect.