07/10/22 - Milan, IT - San Siro

alfierose

Notes: The lithograph features a depiction of Leonardo da Vinci's "Ornithopter" flying machine. Milan is home to the Museo Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology). The museum has various machines on display that have been reproduced from da Vinci's drawings.

Artist: Jose Maria Campoy

2022-07-10-Milan.jpg                         

• Like 4

1 minute ago, slash78 said:

The stage is setup on the wide side of the stadium, so i guess the crowds are getting smaller and smaller.Axl's weak voice and the lack of new music are having an affect on the ticket sales.Soon, GN'R will only be playing in max 12k ppl arenas.

Hasn't this been sold out for a long long time? Also, I saw them a few weeks back in a sold out venue of over 50k. Seems a long way away from 12k.

10 minutes ago, slash78 said:

The stage is setup on the wide side of the stadium, so i guess the crowds are getting smaller and smaller.Probably maximum 40k ppl tonight.Axl's weak voice and the lack of new music are having an affect on the ticket sales.Soon, GN'R will only be playing in max 12k seats arenas.

There is not risk of this at least in Europe. At least not soon. They have been playing for crowds over 50k. And for South America....they will be playing to sold out crowds this coming september/october.

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Notes: The lithograph features a depiction of Leonardo da Vinci's "Ornithopter" flying machine. Milan is home to the Museo Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology). The museum has various machines on display that have been reproduced from da Vinci's drawings.

Artist: Jose Maria Campoy

2022-07-10-Milan.jpg                         

Apparently no more Adrian Buhler lithos.

1 hour ago, slash78 said:

The stage is setup on the wide side of the stadium, so i guess the crowds are getting smaller and smaller.Probably maximum 40k ppl tonight.Axl's weak voice and the lack of new music are having an affect on the ticket sales.Soon, GN'R will only be playing in max 12k seats arenas.

Ummm, didn't they play for like 80k two nights ago in Munich?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slash78 said:

Like Slash in his prime solo career?

16 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Slim chance but I'll happily pay for someone's tshirt or litho if they are able to buy me one litho and ship it to Canada 🇨🇦 

Since I haven't heard from anyone I would like to say my offer is off the table. This litho isn't my cup of tea (not saying it's bad or anything, but just not for me).

2 hours ago, slash78 said:

Oh no, not 40,000! Their careers are OVER!

• Haha 2

Seems that ticket sales in Europe have been fairly solid all considered. I'm surprised by that personally, but people's tolerance for seeing the same thing over and over must be greater than mine! 

I suppose there hasn't been THAT much touring in Europe compared to America which explains it a bit. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Seems that ticket sales in Europe have been fairly solid all considered. I'm surprised by that personally, but people's tolerance for seeing the same thing over and over must be greater than mine! 

I suppose there hasn't been THAT much touring in Europe compared to America which explains it a bit. 

Also I suspect the pent up demand from the covid pandemic means alot of people just want to see live music as well, and obviously GnR haven't toured over here quite as much as the US (I think the last time was 4 years ago?)

10 minutes ago, koldbeer2 said:

Also I suspect the pent up demand from the covid pandemic means alot of people just want to see live music as well, and obviously GnR haven't toured over here quite as much as the US (I think the last time was 4 years ago?)

Yeah probably.....although it's offset a bit by the fact pretty much every other band is touring.

I think maybe the timing of ticket sales helped too? If stuff went on sale now I can't see it selling too well. I'm not too sure what it's like across Europe but here in the UK the economy is fucked and bills are rocketing every day. Gigs really aren't selling here at the moment as people cut back on anything non-essential. 

5 minutes ago, xyaxlrosexy said:

Do not forget the Ukraine 🇺🇦 war + the pandemic. We have a relatively high inflation in Europe . The people here simply can not even afford a concert visit as well . Food and energy costs have increased almost twice . 

I know that's an issue for me personally. My basic bills have got to levels where I can barely afford to pay them, let alone attend high-ticket priced concerts. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, xyaxlrosexy said:

Do not forget the Ukraine 🇺🇦 war + the pandemic. We have a relatively high inflation in Europe . The people here simply can not even afford a concert visit as well . Food and energy costs have increased almost twice . 

In my country, gas is triple the amount it was half a year ago as of July... 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

In my country, gas is triple the amount it was half a year ago as of July... 

Wait until October!

£3400 a year on household fuel.....fuck. And a government that is barely functioning, but doesn't give a fuck even when it is! 

How are things in Milan?! 

• Like 2