07/13/22 - Vienna, AT - Ernst Happel Stadium

alfierose

3 hours ago, Lio said:

It's funny, as I've seen Metallica multiple times now over 30 odd years and was comparing setlists between 1993 and 2022, just out of curiosity. Newsflash: I got 5 different songs when I compare 1993 to 2022. In 1996 when I saw them, there were a few more 'new' songs as they were touring a new album, I believe. I realize Metallica has put out a lot more music, but in the end, the bulk of their shows still has the same songs. They also only play 18 songs or so, so a  lot less than GNR does on average.

In 2022, I got 6 songs I hadn't seen before from GNR. I saw only one show this leg, but I saw 3 in 2017 and 5 in 2018. And they didn't even play You're Crazy and Hard Skool in Groningen :(

So cut it out with the 'always the same' blabla.

Note: Just as most on here, I assume, I would love to have NEW music and I too am disappointed at no new singles this year. I would rather hear Perhaps than Back in Black. But I'm just saying that it's not the same show as in 2017 or 2018.

Out of the artists mentioned, I can't really name any of the albums they did after those first few that made them iconic today.  Some Girl's is the last Stones album I remember.  Got the first Wings album and that was it.  I don't own Elton John music, like his hits but I never bought the albums for some reason.

10 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

The band is ridiculously superb at the moment, wish they had some new stuff to promote :(

New stuff to promote is always just merchandise and more touring. Sucks to be a fan. Guess we are gluttons for punishment 

• Like 1

This was a good concert. I will say Axl did a decent performance. Much better than I expected (this was my first gig this year). Less rasp than in 2018, but he sounded more powerfull and a litle less "Mickey" than usual. Band was great, and the show felt a litle more "compact" than in 2017 and 2018! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davisp said:

just came home from their Vienna show. Out Of Time was amazing. Mick is a beast with 79 years... unbelievable.

I am so, so jealous. Out Of Time is one of my all time favorite Stones songs. I never imagined they’d play it, my jaw hit the floor when I saw it was on the setlist in Madrid. I made it over for the European tours in 2014 and 2018 but couldn’t swing it this year. Here’s to hoping it stays in the set when they come back to North America. Hope you had a great time!

• Like 2

Comparisons are pointless between artists mostly, elton, paul and mick cant sing 2 gnr songs , their catalog would be a walk in the park for axl. GNR is a totally different beast that was doomed in the beginning in terms of vocal performance. Too hard to sing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Comparisons are pointless between artists mostly, elton, paul and mick cant sing 2 gnr songs , their catalog would be a walk in the park for axl. GNR is a totally different beast that was doomed in the beginning in terms of vocal performance. Too hard to sing.

Such bullshit. Axl can't just sing any song he decides (as his been proven many times over the last 30yrs). One would think don't let it being you down would be a walk in the park for Axl yet when it came to perform it it, he sounded poorly. 

Those other artists don't have his higher range but I almost guarantee that they'd do a better job covering gnr than gnr covering them.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

There’s exactly zero correlation between vocal chops and the amount and depth of variance in a setlist. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, davisp said:

just came home from their Vienna show. Out Of Time was amazing. Mick is a beast with 79 years... unbelievable.

This is the first stones tour I’ve missed since 95. Glad you’re had a great time. Out Of Time was a new one for them to pull outta the bag.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:01 AM, davisp said:

Yeah. It's amazing. And still got all the moves. And voice. Second time I saw them this year

On 7/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, cineater said:

Out of the artists mentioned, I can't really name any of the albums they did after those first few that made them iconic today.  Some Girl's is the last Stones album I remember.  Got the first Wings album and that was it.  I don't own Elton John music, like his hits but I never bought the albums for some reason.

What is your point, though? The Stones have had dozens of hits since 1978, which are still in rotation in classic radio. Are you saying you really can't remember any of them? Love Is Strong? Emotional Rescue? Out of Tears? Anybody Seen My Baby? Saint of Me? Waiting on a Friend? Almost Hear You Sigh? START ME UP?