Bumblefoot cut show short and cancelled the rest of his tour

Blackstar

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal didn’t have the best night at the Crafthouse Stage & Grill in Whitehall on Wednesday.

A little over an hour into his solo set, the virtuoso guitarist from Brooklyn, known for his work in Guns ’N Roses, Art of Anarchy and Asia, stopped and announced that he would not continue to do live shows. His concerts in Michigan and Indiana this week have been canceled.

“He just wasn’t feeling it anymore,” says promoter Brian Drusky, of Drusky Entertainment.

[...]

Late last night, Thal updated his Facebook photo with a dark, blurry photo of his hair and guitar neck and tweeted a graphic with “Upcoming Shows Canceled.” A fan responded “Give Ron some time and space. No explanation needed.”

Full article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music/2021/04/29/Guitarist-Ron-Bumblefoot-Thal-cuts-Crafthouse-show-short-with-mysterious-announcement/stories/202104290139

Hopefully not a health problem.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

• Blackstar changed the title to Bumblefoot cut show short and cancelled the rest of his tour

In more recent interviews he was basically saying he wanted to tour less, and that over the last year he realised that he'd missed a lot of things he wasn't even aware of. It sounds like he might just want to pull back and be more of a studio player / producer and be home. 

But yeah, this is whacky! Bumble never wants to stop when he's playing, anytime I've seen him he played well beyond the advertised time and was basically begging to play more!

Just says "maybe I'm just not ready to be back out in the world" this isn't the walk off

Edited by Tom2112

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

In more recent interviews he was basically saying he wanted to tour less, and that over the last year he realised that he'd missed a lot of things he wasn't even aware of. It sounds like he might just want to pull back and be more of a studio player / producer and be home. 

But yeah, this is whacky! Bumble never wants to stop when he's playing, anytime I've seen him he played well beyond the advertised time and was basically begging to play more!

Just says "maybe I'm just not ready to be back out in the world" this isn't the walk off

For sure. To not even finish the show is what gets me/makes me worry for him. Had he finished and then left a message afterwards on his social media pages about realizing he's not ready to be back out there or something to that effect then it would seem more in character.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

If this was my lead singer I'd probably quit too.  

Hope he's okay.  Maybe just got burned out.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ratam said:

Isn't possible he don't sold many tickets? Then he canceled? Just my guess.

I've seen bumble play for far less people. I don't think it's a sales thing, he basically said he just wasn't ready to be back on the road after the lengthy covid hiatus. Maybe it was poor sales, though? I'm sure he'll eventually talk about it

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Apparently someone heckled him to play State Of Grace for the lulz on discord?

I don't follow the War Room shit so idk if it's true. :shrugs:

LOL....of course that's not true. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/30/2021 at 12:29 AM, downzy said:

If this was my lead singer I'd probably quit too.  

Hope he's okay.  Maybe just got burned out.  

Is that actually his singer, or a lucky fan that Bumble let on stage to sing a track?  Maybe he won a radio contest.