Bumblefoot cut show short and cancelled the rest of his tour

Blackstar

4 hours ago, Towelie said:

He probably doesn't even know what it is. 

That did actually cross my mind. Brain told Brando he thought he had only played on around 15/16 songs in total, which isn't the case.

35 minutes ago, Dean said:

That did actually cross my mind. Brain told Brando he thought he had only played on around 15/16 songs in total, which isn't the case.

Didn’t brain himself say back in like 2009 that he had worked on like 30 songs from 2000-2005?

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t brain himself say back in like 2009 that he had worked on like 30 songs from 2000-2005?

Probably, I don’t recall that interview but I remembered being baffled at his response to Brando a few years back on their first interview and thought that couldn’t be the case, especially with around 70 having been worked on with Freese up to ‘99

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

He probably doesn't even know what it is. 

Exactly. I'm reasonably sure Ron has no idea what State of Grace is but I can tell you this for 100% sure; he absolutely doesn't give a remote shit about it.

The idea that this whole thing has anything to do with GN'R, let alone someone yelling unreleased GN'R songs at him is laughable at the very best.

I've been super busy today, so I don't know if he ended up releasing a statement yet. If he didn't, I'm guessing he won't do so this week. He'll be tied up with other stuff this week and (at a guess) not even remotely thinking about all of this stuff.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea... a guy who put up with "where's Slash!?" for years isn't gonna walk off because someone yelled out a song title :lol:

Exactly, that's nonsense. 

Also, I don't like that manager's response. A typical managerial bullshit. Even if a professional suddenly stops "feeling it" in the middle of a show, he'll at least finish that damn gig, being a pro and realizing people paid for it. Whatever happened, this is just bullshit reply. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. I'm reasonably sure Ron has no idea what State of Grace is but I can tell you this for 100% sure; he absolutely doesn't give a remote shit about it.

The idea that this whole thing has anything to do with GN'R, let alone someone yelling unreleased GN'R songs at him is laughable at the very best.

I've been super busy today, so I don't know if he ended up releasing a statement yet. If he didn't, I'm guessing he won't do so this week. He'll be tied up with other stuff this week and (at a guess) not even remotely thinking about all of this stuff.

Russ, I sincerely appreciate you letting us know Bumblefoot is ok, and that this was not a health issue. That being said, I'm genuinely surprised Bumblefoot has gone incognito like this. He has always proven to be extremely fan friendly, and there a lot of fans on his social media expressing genuine concern for his well-being and disappointment over not being able to see him play. Obviously, he does not owe us an in-depth explanation as to why he decided to cancel the tour, but it does seem like the least he could provide is a "sorry guys, update coming soon, I'm ok" type post. Oh well. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Russ, I sincerely appreciate you letting us know Bumblefoot is ok, and that this was not a health issue. That being said, I'm genuinely surprised Bumblefoot has gone incognito like this. He has always proven to be extremely fan friendly, and there a lot of fans on his social media expressing genuine concern for his well-being and disappointment over not being able to see him play. Obviously, he does not owe us an in-depth explanation as to why he decided to cancel the tour, but it does seem like the least he could provide is a "sorry guys, update coming soon, I'm ok" type post. Oh well. 

I hear ya, trust me. I spent a lot of time worried about the situation between Wednesday night and Thursday until I heard back. 

That's the only reason I posted anything here. I just didn't want anyone to be worried like I was. 

All i want to say for now is that I'm certain he'll address it soon. I agree that it's totally out of character for him not to, but I do know he's got some cool personal stuff going on. He's probably far more focused on that this week, which he totally deserves for how hard he's worked all these years. 

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya, trust me. I spent a lot of time worried about the situation between Wednesday night and Thursday until I heard back. 

That's the only reason I posted anything here. I just didn't want anyone to be worried like I was. 

All i want to say for now is that I'm certain he'll address it soon. I agree that it's totally out of character for him not to, but I do know he's got some cool personal stuff going on. He's probably far more focused on that this week, which he totally deserves for how hard he's worked all these years. 

Make sense. I wish him the best. I am not the biggest fan of his solo stuff, but know a good number of people are. I do think he's a phenomenal guitarist, and I loved all of his work both in the studio and live with Guns N' Roses, and I think he deserves a career more in line with, say, Buckethead; selling out theaters with a devoted fan base. Seeing him playing those type of shows such as the one last week was disheartening. Thanks for your updates! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Make sense. I wish him the best. I am not the biggest fan of his solo stuff, but know a good number of people are. I do think he's a phenomenal guitarist, and I loved all of his work both in the studio and live with Guns N' Roses, and I think he deserves a career more in line with, say, Buckethead; selling out theaters with a devoted fan base. Seeing him playing those type of shows such as the one last week was disheartening. Thanks for your updates! 

I think it was a COVID socially distanced show, so was always going to have a small crowd (in total numbers) and a dispersed crowd (spread apart from one another). I wouldn't read too much into the crowd itself this time.

• Like 1

Did he retire his solo career or his solo touring career? Hopefully he records a new solo album all the same, even if he has no intention of touring it. 

I imagine Sons of Apollo will still be business as usual though... didn't address that at all so I'm assuming that's the case?

Sounds like he is going to focus on his family going forward, sounds like a win- win to me. I am sure he will still carry on as a professional musician, but I don't blame him for putting a newfound emphasis on the important things in life. Glad to read it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Did he retire his solo career or his solo touring career? Hopefully he records a new solo album all the same, even if he has no intention of touring it. 

I imagine Sons of Apollo will still be business as usual though... didn't address that at all so I'm assuming that's the case?

From what I understand, he's only retiring from solo touring. Everything else should be going ahead as far as I'm aware. 

• Like 1

Goes without saying that this is overall good news. I never could understand why he was hammering himself lugging around that double neck and all the other bits and pieces. One-off solo shows here and there? why not! if the price is right! but 3-4 weeks of constant on the go with his injuries? just seemed hard going even for a young fit & healthy person! Good move!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 1:24 AM, Tom2112 said:

Goes without saying that this is overall good news. I never could understand why he was hammering himself lugging around that double neck and all the other bits and pieces. One-off solo shows here and there? why not! if the price is right! but 3-4 weeks of constant on the go with his injuries? just seemed hard going even for a young fit & healthy person! Good move!

This is pretty much it.

It's a case of stretching oneself out too thin when the love of playing and interacting with his fans crashes with what he is physically able to do and his other obligations and desires.  

• Like 1