Covering the same song 12 years apart...

Tonight I uploaded a cover of Trains by Porcupine Tree to YouTube, it's been a constant favourite of mine for many years and I had originally uploaded a version of it back in 2009.

I definitely feel way older :lol:, but I think I might be better at some of the subtleties of the song now, and it's really weird to hear how I instinctively removed my accent from my singing when I was younger. A friend of mine pointed out how absurd it is that most Scottish people try to sound like Americans or English people when we sing, and ever since then I've tried to embrace my own accent in my singing, so my old singing sounds really fake or put on to me now. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy at least one of the renditions...

• Like 4

On 5/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, Graeme said:

Tonight I uploaded a cover of Trains by Porcupine Tree to YouTube, it's been a constant favourite of mine for many years and I had originally uploaded a version of it back in 2009.

I definitely feel way older :lol:, but I think I might be better at some of the subtleties of the song now, and it's really weird to hear how I instinctively removed my accent from my singing when I was younger. A friend of mine pointed out how absurd it is that most Scottish people try to sound like Americans or English people when we sing, and ever since then I've tried to embrace my own accent in my singing, so my old singing sounds really fake or put on to me now. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy at least one of the renditions...

Very cool man, I listened to the second version.  Looks like you were playing a 12 string in the first one. Anyway, the vocals remind me a little of Deep Blue Something and to a lesser degree Travis.