Street Of Dreams Promo CD Photos

My Street Of Dreams promo CD arrived! Shipped from Israel to the US. Always wanted this for my CD era collection of "singles".

The total was around $140 shipped, for anyone curious as to the current market value.

It looks good. I believe there was some talk years ago of these all being fake. This one looks like it was produced in a factory. Seems more "real" than some of my other CD promos that were sent out to radio stations in the US.

CF6Oeb.jpg

jovxoH.jpg

bXaszg.jpg

ftF6wS.jpg

SeiXBB.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Can you post the radio edit? Not sure I've heard it... I'm assuming they just cut out part of the intro?

I assumed the same, and that's part of it. After listening to it, they cut some of the intro, and also a bit before the outro. That's all I noticed. 

Don't know why but according to discogs, the one made in Israel it's unofficial and most unofficial stuff on discogs are bootlegs, tough for the UK listings they have the same pics.Myself I plan to buy the russian Spaghetti incident which is pressed in a vinyl plant (Melodia, Antrop sublabel) which is maybe half century old vinyl facility, but it's considered bootleg. 

• Like 2

It's more than likely a 100% legit European promo that some twat has stuck a Hebrew "promo sticker" on to and priced accordingly. Looks pretty real to me. I don't collect GNR anymore but I've bumped into many Israeli "promos" of RHCP cds - they have just been the European/US promo with a shitty sticker on the front. Probably all being sold by the same guy - I certainly wouldn't pay any extra for one considering it's just a piece of paper stuck on to the jewel case. Would be nice if someone with knowledge of Hebrew could shed some light onto what it says. Discogs is a great resource but it's not that helpful when it comes to scarce promos - doesn't help that it's a ballache trying to add a release to the site.

Edited by _shaggy_

I've seen similar stickers on other singles, even GN'R ones. They have a basic explanation of the track and/or album, I assume it's an assist for the radio DJ before spinning it. Presumably, whomever is distributing these affixes a label per the location it is going. I don't think anyone deliberately did it to try to mislead someone it was made in Israel. It's probably identical to the European one, just ended up going to Israel. 

Edited to add:

My European OMG single has a sticker on it with some general info:

Axqdnn.jpg

The same seller as the Street Of Dreams promo also has this Better listed, which has a slightly different sticker in a different location:

OwpIsP.jpg

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dean said:

I really love that OMG CD, the sticker is an added bonus. Cool as fuck! I need to get a frame for mine

I just ordered the US OMG single. Hope to get it soon! There's also a Brazilian one, that comes with another track by another band called Garbage, and is a light purple color.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I just ordered the US OMG single. Hope to get it soon! There's also a Brazilian one, that comes with another track by another band called Garbage, and is a light purple color.

Tremendous, congrats! I'm sure the US single is more rare going by the prices I've seen over the years, so that's a great piece to own for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Tremendous, congrats! I'm sure the US single is more rare going by the prices I've seen over the years, so that's a great piece to own for sure.

Thank you! I should have the Brazilian one coming soon, the seller accepted my offer. :) 

I think that is all of the OMG singles.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...

Just seeing all this cool shit now, as I was unable to get into my account for a few months.

That definitely looks like a "silver back" CD, as we used to say in the old CD bootleg collecting community, rather than a CD-R.

I'd love to own one myself someday, but I doubt I'll ever get it.  There's a dozen or two other CDs/records on my wish list higher than this one, and it's just so damn expensive for what it is.

God, we're all so screwed in the head.   Collectors are insane.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1