• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I check in once in a while to see what Susan has to say about the new album

The community is the one and only reason I visit the forum and why I helped run it for so long.  I've made many online and real life friends through the forum. I've had many forum members over to

It's like watching a netflix series with 10 seasons. You don't stop watching in season 9 although the show sucks since season 7.

Posted (edited)

It might be a much more positive place if they announced that there's zero chance of new music.

I'd still visit, but it would be cut right back. There's still loads of stuff we haven't heard or seen so there's potentially loads of leaks to discuss. Also, it would be right not arguing the merit of Chinese Democracy at least once a month. I need that fix. 

I kinda think they'll be around for a good while yet though. Min 5yrs max 15. A 75yr old sha-na-nana knees👴

Edited by Tom2112
4 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

That's exactly how I felt about Sons of Anarchy. The last few seasons were torture but I really wanted to finish the series. 

Lost. Lord that dragged on and did not live up to expectations.

55 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The community is the one and only reason I visit the forum and why I helped run it for so long. 

I've made many online and real life friends through the forum. I've had many forum members over to my house for parties or just to spin records regularly.  We've even had forum members come from outside the US to hang with us. 

For me, the community goes far beyond the tiny catalog of music GN'R has released. 

There's a lot of people I haven't met in person that I consider friends. I've asked for advice with personal issues and I've had people ask for my help & advice with their personal issues too. That's more valuable to me then just discussing a band we all happen to like. 

So the community for me has been a huge benefit and it's the biggest reason by far I continue to visit the forum. 

100%. Nothing creates friendships more than similar loves and passions, and those friendships then grow beyond that initial spark of similarity.

47 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It might be a much more positive place if they announced that there's zero chance of new music.

I'd still visit, but it would be cut right back. There's still loads of stuff we haven't heard or seen so there's potentially loads of leaks to discuss. Also, it would be right not arguing the merit of Chinese Democracy at least once a month. I need that fix. 

I kinda think they'll be around for a good while yet though. Min 5yrs max 15. A 75yr old sha-na-nana knees👴

God that's just hit it home... the reunion has been going 5 years, and in a other 5 years Axl will officially be at retirement age! Jeez.

• Haha 1

I'm so over NITL, in retrospect the build up was the best thing about it. The first year was fun because we could find FB live links and Periscope. 

I'll stay here for as long as I enjoy reading the posts, there's rarely news but it's good when someone finds an old interview or something long forgotten.

I disagree that it's toxic in the GNR section, I don't see toxic posts just fans being frustrated, which in my opinion they have every right to be. 

@EvanG You really need to use the block feature more.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm so over NITL, in retrospect the build up was the best thing about it. The first year was fun because we could find FB live links and Periscope. 

I'll stay here for as long as I enjoy reading the posts, there's rarely news but it's good when someone finds an old interview or something long forgotten.

I disagree that it's toxic in the GNR section, I don't see toxic posts just fans being frustrated, which in my opinion they have every right to be. 

Haha I remember Periscope, that was brilliant. Was it Fede I think the bloke was called? He was a legend!

I also agree about the toxicity - haven't seen that any worse than it was 10-15 years ago when people were desperate for CD / CD2 news. Just more frustration (like this thread essentially) but it is mostly justified I think. Tone isn't always right but c'est la vie 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

GN'R as an organization and brand is what's toxic. Not their fans who've done nothing but try to support them for the past 3 decades. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

GN'R as an organization and brand is what's toxic. Not their fans who've done nothing but try to support them for the past 3 decades. 

I've always believed, every band/artist gets the fanbase they deserve. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Like everybody else, I'm only here for the legendary 2002 VMA rehearsal tape! I know how I like my bread buttered!!!!! 🤪 That was the real GNR.

I genuinely would not be surprised anymore if some folk around here believed that though!!!

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I won't leave. I'll never leave.

That's right. Ever since the forum staff found that cursed book at the archeological site.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

The community is the one and only reason I visit the forum and why I helped run it for so long. 

I've made many online and real life friends through the forum. I've had many forum members over to my house for parties or just to spin records regularly.  We've even had forum members come from outside the US to hang with us. 

For me, the community goes far beyond the tiny catalog of music GN'R has released. 

There's a lot of people I haven't met in person that I consider friends. I've asked for advice with personal issues and I've had people ask for my help & advice with their personal issues too. That's more valuable to me then just discussing a band we all happen to like. 

So the community for me has been a huge benefit and it's the biggest reason by far I continue to visit the forum. 

One day we'll hangout, Russ and you'll see I'm not a total lunatic. :lol:

the most exciting that related to the band post 1994 was the Saskatoon 1993 pro shot.

the forum is just as boring, every thread here for years is based upon 'what if' speculation kind of thing

the only reason ppl come here are hopes of some sort of news but that is super rare, more rare than lunar eclipse

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

One day we'll hangout, Russ and you'll see I'm not a total lunatic. :lol:

Haha, I really don't think you are! Honestly, I think except for a VERY few people, the GN'R fan base would get along a LOT better in person. 

I've honestly never had an unpleasant face to face meeting with a GN'R fan. I threw an all day party in my hotel room at Ballys back in 2016. Forum folks were coming and going all day. At one point, we had 5 continents represented in the room at the same time. It was awesome. Point being that everyone get along like old friends :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

I compare being a gnr fan to being a Cubs fan. Once the Cubs finally won the World Series it became less interesting, still a fan but not as intriguing as it once was.

Same with gnr, we got CD, then a reunion, then the locker leaks. Outside of a maybe supposed new album what’s left?

Axl has made it very clear with his actions over the past 10 years+ where he stands and anyone involved with gnr falls in line with that.

Luckily for us all it's not over!!

As they said before their last concerts - It's the next chapter!!

Which seems to mean you play the same songs in the same order but soundcheck a "new" song.

What a time to be alive!

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

some great insight into how much this forum has going for it outside of just what is happening (or not happening) with the band. 
I bought tickets to the November Sydney show (spent a small fortune) as I truly think without a full AFD reunion or new music, that it could possibly be the last time they come to Oz. And it just got me thinking that without any news on a new album and my constant checking in here to see if I’ve missed anything what it would be like for the forum and I think I got it answer! 
for me personally, the new music issue becomes less relevant every day.

im more stuck in the illusions line up era anyway and I can honestly say that if I had a choice between the vault being opened from their halcyon days and a record with this line up, I’d go for option A. One thing I really would like to see just as much as that is axl to tell his story. An autobiography is probably the holy grail for me, just so for the record we had axls side of the story on the record. I doubt we will ever get it but hey, these hopes are what drive my check ins here every week (along with reading posts from the usual posters who I have never met but I consider I know them in a strange kinda way anyway) 🤣

one thing I’ve always enjoyed about this forum is it’s not run to a narrative like other forums, freedom of speech on a topic can be debated but there’s no one narrative in play all the time from the mods. It’s what will keep me coming back if it’s over!!! 
cheers guys & girls 👌

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

the forum is just as boring, every thread here for years is based upon 'what if' speculation kind of thing

have you checked out other GNR forums? Everywhere that is GNR based is quiet and 'what ifs' or nostalgia are what's left to talk about. 

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

some great insight into how much this forum has going for it outside of just what is happening (or not happening) with the band. 
I bought tickets to the November Sydney show (spent a small fortune) as I truly think without a full AFD reunion or new music, that it could possibly be the last time they come to Oz. And it just got me thinking that without any news on a new album and my constant checking in here to see if I’ve missed anything what it would be like for the forum and I think I got it answer! 
for me personally, the new music issue becomes less relevant every day.

im more stuck in the illusions line up era anyway and I can honestly say that if I had a choice between the vault being opened from their halcyon days and a record with this line up, I’d go for option A. One thing I really would like to see just as much as that is axl to tell his story. An autobiography is probably the holy grail for me, just so for the record we had axls side of the story on the record. I doubt we will ever get it but hey, these hopes are what drive my check ins here every week (along with reading posts from the usual posters who I have never met but I consider I know them in a strange kinda way anyway) 🤣

one thing I’ve always enjoyed about this forum is it’s not run to a narrative like other forums, freedom of speech on a topic can be debated but there’s no one narrative in play all the time from the mods. It’s what will keep me coming back if it’s over!!! 
cheers guys & girls 👌

I'd like an Axl autobiography too but he missed the boat on that one by not releasing it in a similar timeframe to Slash and Duff. Releasing it at any point since the reunion will just stoke up old resentments unless he's very censorious with himself and that's hardly Axl's style!

Maybe if this current incarnation ends and they go their separate ways again he will as a retirement project but he's not much for talking publicly these days so I just feel he won't bother and money isn't likely a motivating factor any longer.

33 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'd like an Axl autobiography too but he missed the boat on that one by not releasing it in a similar timeframe to Slash and Duff. Releasing it at any point since the reunion will just stoke up old resentments unless he's very censorious with himself and that's hardly Axl's style!

Maybe if this current incarnation ends and they go their separate ways again he will as a retirement project but he's not much for talking publicly these days so I just feel he won't bother and money isn't likely a motivating factor any longer.

I think you’re 100% right mate 

Illusions stuff it is then 😜

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Exactly my thoughts. He's not gonna do it now. Maybe after he's retired for good. 

• Like 1

I check the forum a few times daily in the hope of a repeat of August/September 2019.

I have zero hope for a new album but I'd love to be proven wrong.

My guess is that the next GNR album will feature vocals from the late Axl Rose.

I visit the forum on the shitter daily. At this point, it’s chasing the same highs as the days on here in 2016, for Axl Dc and the reunion lead up. Or a couple years ago, where a hero of fans actually managed to put out more Chinese Democracy material than Axl himself (I know only like 5 songs had vocals but still). Sometimes, I just sign on, see the most recent threads, and just log right out. No interest in a 400 page thread speculating on a new album lol. Last thing we got was Susan saying she heard some rad shit. Since then, nothing. I’m sure Axl wasn’t too upset over the pandemic from a hermits POV. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Compared to other band forums where not a lot goes on, I have to disagree.

I do use the block feature for several posters on here who are ''the worst'' in that regard in my opinion, but the whole Axl banter and complaining is very much part of this forum, maybe it's become the norm on here. I agree that they have every right, I even understand it because the lack of new music is indeed frustrating, but having to read about it all the time is just getting old, and that's why I don't read this section too often anymore. But that's totally okay.

Edited by EvanG