Download Festival Reloaded to feature GNR free to air June 5-6

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The live Anastasia from Melbourne is my favorite live Slash performance of all time!!!!

On another note I ran accross an old Slash solo on youtube from the UYI days that I had never seen and it was fucking phenominal.  He was jammong out with Dizzy for a good part of it. I also ran accross a solo from 2018 or 2019 with Guns that I hadn't seen yet.. He played the Stones version of You Gotta Move and it was sick.. Too bad there are somany petty assholes in this world or I would post both.

Those petty assholes deserve to be kicked square in the testicular or vagina area daily. 

Rare enough to find a slash/dizzy jam. What was the location/year?

4 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Axl sounded flat-out horrendous, holy shit. 

If I was GNR I'd have refused to let them play the songs. Maybe cherry pick a song or two but they almost certainly wouldn't have been any of the hits because he can't sing them... well he couldn't at Download at the very least. Such a big show to shit the bed. This is both Axl and managements fault. The run up to Download they should be thinking "we need to knock that gig out of the park, so as much rest in the week leading into it" I'd almost guarantee they played 2 maybe 3 shows that week, on top of travel that's just asking for trouble with a singer like Axl. Fucking fly out the coach the week before, there's no excuse for sounding that shit... hard to watch.

• Like 1

I thought Axl sounded decent, bog standard for those two songs and I thought at the time that it was a safe option to choose those two instead of say, Rocket Queen and Paradise City. Damage control, but that got thrown out the window with some of the songs they chose for the Selects.

22 hours ago, Dangom1 said:

Axls voice was fucked at download, there were many times he tried to hit a high note and his voice gave out and it was the first time I'd see him minus heavens door him point the mic into the crowd to sing the words for him 

It wasn’t great. I don’t think the band itself sounded that good either TBH.