Guns N Roses to headline BottleRock

Hilarious, however I'm looking forward to seeing them back on stage and it will offer insight on what I should do with my tickets for Europe next Summer, as if it's the same old setlist with no indication of anything new imminent, then it'll be a case of 'no thanks'.

22 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Reuniting with their guitarist, recording new music, playing diverse set lists.

Ah yes.

I love the Chili Peppers.

I love RHCP, but if there’s one thing I can criticize about them, it’s that their setlists aren’t really that diverse. Whenever they play festivals (which is most of their shows really), it’s mainly just the hits.

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I love RHCP, but if there’s one thing I can criticize about them, it’s that their setlists aren’t really that diverse. Whenever they play festivals (which is most of their shows really), it’s mainly just the hits.

I agree. It doesn’t bother me because the RHCP are an amazing concert. But, they have so many incredible songs that should be played. I’d love to RHCP vary the set list like Pearl Jam.

• Like 1

Bottlerock looks very artisan and wholesome for a rock festival. :lol:

If you go to this and find yourself disappointed in the GNR show I feel like you'll be able to cheer yourself up by taking home a nice cheese board and some locally made kefir.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

If you go to this and find yourself disappointed in the GNR show I feel like you'll be able to cheer yourself up by taking home a nice cheese board and some locally made kefir.

Sounds like the ideal GNR gig in 2021.  Which is both sad and also kind of hilarious. :lol:

• Haha 4

You know what's the most depressing thing about the months leading up to GNR gigs after a period of inactivity?  We all fucking KNOW in our hearts that they ain't going to do anything new.  That sort of thing hasn't happened since 2006, as in debuting new music in some form live.  Literally.  That's fucking bonkers.  

But since we're legitimate fans of these guys, it still hurts when you see that first safe, lazy, setlist.  Not looking forward to that.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Or just get freight trained on some craft brew and fine wine and all is right with the world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

You know what's the most depressing thing about the months leading up to GNR gigs after a period of inactivity?  We all fucking KNOW in our hearts that they ain't going to do anything new.  That sort of thing hasn't happened since 2006, as in debuting new music in some form live.  Literally.  That's fucking bonkers.  

But since we're legitimate fans of these guys, it still hurts when you see that first safe, lazy, setlist.  Not looking forward to that.

We'll still be here though looking for live updates... just in case. :lol::facepalm:

• Haha 1

Just now, sofine11 said:

Is there anyone left who actually expects something new? At best we'll get So Fine and another deep cut, Axl will still sound weak, and people will throw out excuses about why it doesn't make sense to play or release new music until 2022 :facepalm:

• Like 2

Just now, alfierose said:

We'll still be here though looking for live updates... just in case. :lol::facepalm:

Oh for sure, and hell, me too.  It's literally battered spouse syndrome, and even the most smart ass, jaded, posters names pop up in the threads the day after the first show. Because the truth is, however dismal the chances are of new music, if it does happen we know we'll very likely fall in love with whatever song(s).  

It's like being invited to a party where you have a 1 in a thousand chance of getting laid by a 10/10 super model.  I think most of us would show up at said party.  And most of us will go home disappointed lol

• Haha 3

Also, brace yourselves for this festival. Setlist will go like:

It's so easy

Brownstone

Chinese 

Jungle 

(...)

Oh. We may get 'Down on the vineyard' with Adler on drums for a change :shrugs:

Edited by dgnr
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Because the truth is, however dismal the chances are of new music, if it does happen we know we'll very likely fall in love with whatever song(s).  

I don't know about that...if they would play something brand new without really rehearsing it and Axl trying to Mickey his way through some super complicated vocal arrangement that barely works for a recording...

• Like 1