Use Your Illusion Remasters?

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Watching the selects now.. This band is toast.. I think they would be better off sounding like the Classic Gn'R than any "moderinaztion".

I was speaking strictly to her presence on stage. I personally don’t get her inclusion. However, I’m relieved somebody told Axl to nix the third guitarist idea. 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Watching the selects now.. This band is toast.. I think they would be better off sounding like the Classic Gn'R than any "moderinaztion".

Something tells me you’re going to have a good night in Boston. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Remember those KOC shows with Matt and Gilby before the reunion? Now that's what GnR is supposed to sound like.

(Or SMKC when they play GnR songs)

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Remember those KOC shows with Matt and Gilby before the reunion? Now that's what GnR is supposed to sound like.

(Or SMKC when they play GnR songs)

Best one of those was the Camp Freddy gig(The all star jam band that existed before KOC) that had Matt, Slash, Izzy and Duff playing together. That one was pretty awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Best one of those was the Camp Freddy gig(The all star jam band that existed before KOC) that had Matt, Slash, Izzy and Duff playing together. That one was pretty awesome.

I went to one of those and it was sick.. Izzy wasn't there though.. Slash's solo band, The HOF lineup.. You name it.. They all sound better than this band

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 3:53 AM, DTJ80 said:

Have the label been back in touch after the initial communication? It’s certainly a step in the right direction that they wanted to canvass the ‘hardcore’ as to what the deluxe set should include - just wondered if there was any acknowledgment of what was given as feedback?

Im sure it will definitely hit the mark better this time - the fact they reached out in the first place suggests that. 👍

I just want to be absolutely clear about something, and I apologize if I gave anyone any misconceptions.  They never reached out about advice for the set.  They reached out to me about the box, saying it's being worked on, wanted me to give them a list of things from my collection that I feel would go well with everything.  But solicited or not, because I am able to contact them and they actually reply and all, I thought it would be cool to survey all of you for ideas regarding content.  Simply because I knew that they were conducting research now, always more helpful what you know what to look for.  I cannot guarantee in any way that they will heed any of the suggestions at all.  Point in fact I have not received feedback on it yet, to answer your question.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, troccoli said:

I just want to be absolutely clear about something, and I apologize if I gave anyone any misconceptions.  They never reached out about advice for the set.  They reached out to me about the box, saying it's being worked on, wanted me to give them a list of things from my collection that I feel would go well with everything.  But solicited or not, because I am able to contact them and they actually reply and all, I thought it would be cool to survey all of you for ideas regarding content.  Simply because I knew that they were conducting research now, always more helpful what you know what to look for.  I cannot guarantee in any way that they will heed any of the suggestions at all.  Point in fact I have not received feedback on it yet, to answer your question.

Ahh - that’s fair enough mate and makes total sense. Good on you for having the foresight to ask the fans anyway because no doubt it will at least help them understand what they should be looking to include to keep everyone happy and make maximum money. Cheers for the explanation. 👍

• Like 1

I'd guess the fact that they had to cut prices on the AFD set and that it's still available showed that maybe $1,000 is too much money. Yes you'll have completists that'll buy it no matter what but a set that expensive is geared towards die hards so they want stuff they don't have.

If this UYI set comes with the Japan shows on dvd, well that's a letdown. Hopefully this one is closer to the $200 price point. I'm sure tons of people on here can point to re releases that are around that amount and come with lots of rare material that die hards would want. No casual fan is spending hundreds let alone $1,000 on a box set so you may as well cater to the hardcores. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

3 hours ago, troccoli said:

Very cool of you to clarify, but I don't think (read: I hope) no one expected you to give us continual updates or anything. It's awesome that you even told us something might be in the works. It's certainly not your fault that GN'R works the way they do lol. You're a GREAT resource for them to have, so if they ever do produce a UYI set, they've got access to stuff they wouldn't have otherwise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I'd guess the fact that they had to cut prices on the AFD set and that it's still available showed that maybe $1,000 is too much money. Yes you'll have completists that'll buy it no matter what but a set that expensive is geared towards die hards so they want stuff they don't have.

If this UYI set comes with the Japan shows on dvd, well that's a letdown. Hopefully this one is closer to the $200 price point. I'm sure tons of people on here can point to re releases that are around that amount and come with lots of rare material that die hards would want. No casual fan is spending hundreds let alone $1,000 on a box set so you may as well cater to the hardcores. 

If they price it around $200 I'll buy it.

id love a UYI box set as long as there some unheard stuff there.  injust read that GNR and NWA supposedly recorded a song called the "yellow road of compton"   anyone know if that's true?   as a fan of both bands, I'd like to hear it.  I think.....

Just now, Chester 524 said:

id love a UYI box set as long as there some unheard stuff there.  injust read that GNR and NWA supposedly recorded a song called the "yellow road of compton"   anyone know if that's true?   as a fan of both bands, I'd like to hear it.  I think.....

Nah, that's not true. Closest it came was talks to do a few gigs where NWA supported them (NWA's manager was asking for too much money so it never happened) and Slash apparently played guitar on a track on Eazy E's posthumus album. Although I'm damned if I can actually hear any guitar on it whatsoever! 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:20 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I will.. I always make best of it.. A couple Jack and Cokes will make things better. And going with a good friend..

I always sneak in a small camel back like pouch of whatever alcohol I’m prefer. Saves a ton of cash. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, Subtle Signs said:

A 1000$ Could have possibly worked with a smaller print run and truly great content. There is the Cathouse Footage. And the video shoot footage for paradise city. A behind the scene making on all videos would have been cool. Considering the price point is for so hard then it should reflect what die hards would like to own. 

On 7/8/2021 at 11:05 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Seriuously.. Even without having to release new music.... which isn't something even I care about from this lineup.

They really could have made an awesome NITL release.. 2016 was a pretty exciting time.. They could have a made a best of collection while incorporating tons of fan footage before and during shows.. That kind of excitement for this band won't reach that level again.... Unless it is a AFD5 show...

A Blu Ray release from the classic era would have been sick too.. With their money I am sure they could obtain some kick ass footage and shows and pretty them all up.. Like Argentina or something from the Appetite Tour.. Fuck they easily could have done Paris or the Ritz and remastered them with little or no effort.. 

They could have released a live album from the early days.. They were such a great live band and never released a real live album from the Appetite Era. Why not release the Marquee show? I am sure they have plenty of soundboard stuff.. 

Even gather all their Televison appearances and release that.. From late shows, award shows, farm aid and shit.. I know we have all seen it but having all that remastered is better than toy rings...

Anyway, you are right.. Instead of anything worthy, these clowns release fake tattoos, Laundry bags and toy trucks... 

Everyone in the GNR camp is a fucktard. They even cant milk us, cows, properly.  But the label is beyond imagination, it's their job and they use footage from google. Best talent in this business is wasted magnificently.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Seriuously.. Even without having to release new music.... which isn't something even I care about from this lineup.

They really could have made an awesome NITL release.. 2016 was a pretty exciting time.. They could have a made a best of collection while incorporating tons of fan footage before and during shows.. That kind of excitement for this band won't reach that level again.... Unless it is a AFD5 show...

A Blu Ray release from the classic era would have been sick too.. With their money I am sure they could obtain some kick ass footage and shows and pretty them all up.. Like Argentina or something from the Appetite Tour.. Fuck they easily could have done Paris or the Ritz and remastered them with little or no effort.. 

They could have released a live album from the early days.. They were such a great live band and never released a real live album from the Appetite Era. Why not release the Marquee show? I am sure they have plenty of soundboard stuff.. 

Even gather all their Televison appearances and release that.. From late shows, award shows, farm aid and shit.. I know we have all seen it but having all that remastered is better than toy rings...

Anyway, you are right.. Instead of anything worthy, these clowns release fake tattoos, Laundry bags and toy trucks... 

And they censor the heck out of the old live performances on YouTube. A band popular enough to have numerous music videos each reaching 500+ million views, yet they don’t want the public to watch live performances from that time period. It’s a real shame. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

And they censor the heck out of the old live performances on YouTube. A band popular enough to have numerous music videos each reaching 500+ million views, yet they don’t want the public to watch live performances from that time period. It’s a real shame. 

It’s like they don’t want people to like them. They actively prevent people from watching good GNR live shows. Instead they give us live shows where the band and especially Axl sounds like a parody of their former selves for 90% of the time.

Sometimes I wonder whether they are surprised about the low ticket sales for the upcoming shows 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1