A year of lockdowns and no new GnR music...?

19 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'm going off the top of my head, but it was something along the lines of that he, along with the rest who chipped in, didn't need to pay so much money to get the Locker discs as Axl had just finished his vocals the week prior to their conversation. It's out there on one of the podcasts he's done.

Interesting. Tho like everything else, I’ll take it with a grain of salt.

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Rose in his vocal pomp? Yes. I've no issue with how old any of the instrumentation is or isn't, it's new to me and vocals on Chinese were already 10 years old on some of the tracks by the time of it's release. When I thought Axl was fucked in 2013/14 and lost a big part of his vox, the saving grace was that any new material would be from a period which I describe him as being at the top of his game. That said, we know he's been recording vocals post Chinese, even up til 2019, so who knows what we eventually will get.

Agreed - I don’t care when the vocals were recorded….if it leads to something getting released then all good!

That said - I’d be wary of him attempting to recreate really old vocals live now….but it’s a trade off I’d take just to get new studio stuff. And if he has been laying down vocals as recently as 2019 then it’s more likely they can be replicated live.

• Like 2

I can't believe there's been no activity whatsoever. 

Bit off topic, but Frankie Valli, 87 years old, recorded a new album in lockdown and also posted videos to YouTube he'd done with his band over zoom. Absolutely nothing from guns whatsoever except a select every now and again. 

I think Eddie Truck was right when he said if a band doesn't record an album when they have all this free time, they have no intention of ever doing so

This is prob my first post in years …….I’ve accepted years ago!  No album will come out . My theory is when Axl passes away, he would of left permission to Team Brazil for albums to be released . That’s when we will hear new music .

5 minutes ago, batman007 said:

This is prob my first post in years …….I’ve accepted years ago!  No album will come out . My theory is when Axl passes away, he would of left permission to Team Brazil for albums to be released . That’s when we will hear new music .

Dang good to see you dude!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, batman007 said:

So Axl is like Prince when it comes to posthumous releases except the whole "being productive while you are alive" bit :P

Yeah, I honestly am at a complete loss as to why this band has such a harder time releasing music than any other band on this planet despite having no shortage of capable musicians and whatnot.