What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?

Since the Mexico show last March, has there been any sighting of Axl?  If not, I wonder what his appearance will be like in July when this tour starts.  Will he look the same as pre-COVID, look like sasquatch with a beard growing for over a year and no hair cut or did he spend quarantine with a virtual personal trainer and will be ripped and in great shape?

Axl is probably still banging 23 year old supermodels 40lbs overweight and with a terrible haircut. So I guess it's all about motivation. 

The man is pushing 60, he's allowed to be fat - if it doesn't affect his performance negatively. But he has to grow the hair long again, that doo is inexcusable in current form. 

• Like 4

He SHOULD motivate himself to get in the best shape possible for his age (as Duff always seems able to do) but he won't.  He'll probably carry around 25+ extra pounds and use the first few shows as a warm up vocally.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tyson said:

He SHOULD motivate himself to get in the best shape possible for his age (as Duff always seems able to do) but he won't.  He'll probably carry around 25+ extra pounds and use the first few shows as a warm up vocally.  

That's kinda harsh. Look, everyone has a different metabolism. Some people don't work out and eat whatever they want and are still really skinny, even at an older age. And others gain weight very easily even if they work out like crazy. Axl has never been really fat and especially not in the last years. Sure, he's no Duff, but there can be many reasons for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

That's kinda harsh. Look, everyone has a different metabolism. Some people don't work out and eat whatever they want and are still really skinny, even at an older age. And others gain weight very easily even if they work out like crazy. Axl has never been really fat and especially not in the last years. Sure, he's no Duff, but there can be many reasons for that.

Duff's face also looks not great, despite being thin.

The camera edits in those Selects videos showed he’d clearly become uncomfortable with his weight but I don’t expect it to be enough for him to have done anything about it during a lockdown.

In which case I wish he’d just embrace it and write some songs about how much he loves food.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im gonna guess he's lasered it out because hes never had any stubble whatsoever during NITL and he seems like the kind of guy that can grow a beard in a couple days 

I think a full beard could work wonders for his look even if he's overweight. The beard he had (including in my avatar) always looked good. I'd imagine he'll look much the same. At this point Axl can't beat father time; I'll mark if he comes back with the braids.

46 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im gonna guess he's lasered it out because hes never had any stubble whatsoever during NITL and he seems like the kind of guy that can grow a beard in a couple days 

Nah, he was also always clean shaven during 2011–14, so I guess NITL is the same version but without the Hulk Hogan thing. 

16 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

The camera edits in those Selects videos showed he’d clearly become uncomfortable with his weight but I don’t expect it to be enough for him to have done anything about it during a lockdown.

In which case I wish he’d just embrace it and write some songs about how much he loves food.

As long as the new record is exclusively distributed by Taco Bell this time! 

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Nah, he was also always clean shaven during 2011–14, so I guess NITL is the same version but without the Hulk Hogan thing. 

As long as the new record is exclusively distributed by Taco Bell this time! 

Everyone in America gets a free taco. 

3 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Axl is probably still banging 23 year old supermodels 40lbs overweight and with a terrible haircut. So I guess it's all about motivation. 

The man is pushing 60, he's allowed to be fat - if it doesn't affect his performance negatively. But he has to grow the hair long again, that doo is inexcusable in current form. 

I agree with your assessment of his hair cut. It looks disgusting and odd. Axl is too wealthy for such a poor wig. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It kind of looks like Axl's actual hair. Maybe he didn't like how stringy it looked long? Don't know if it's the result of transplants, but the texture of his hair completely changed when he ditched the braids in 09. I don't even think it looks terrible at that length. Looks like similar to the 98 mugshot and the rollercoaster pic. Losing weight would make him look and perform a lot better.

I'm expecting him to look pretty much the same tbh. I think he might have given up on the image revamps we got used to with younger Axl.

I'm going to take a wild guess that beard or moustache versus no beard or moustache is as exciting as it's going to get. 

Maybe a new hat if really living dangerously. :lol:

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

No, it's clear that Axl never puts in as much effort as possible to get in the best shape he can for his age.  It's not harsh, it's simply true.  He's the center focus for one of the biggest acts in show business and he clearly could do more to get in better shape.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Tyson said:

No, it's clear that Axl never puts in as much effort as possible to get in the best shape he can for his age.  It's not harsh, it's simply true.  He's the center focus for one of the biggest acts in show business and he clearly could do more to get in better shape.  

I think the last time he bothered to get in shape was in 2015 for the 2016 reunion. The last time he looked as good was 06/07. He just had a youthfulness about him compared to how he looked from 2010-14.

It's all been a decline since then. One thing I'd like to see is Axl ditching the oversized shirts and ripped jeans. Somehow his style was more mature in 06/07.