What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

Because I have eyes

Because you have eyes you know how much effort he puts into his work out? Interesting.

Fact of the matter is, unless you know the dude personally, you know as little as everybody else on here. 

Edited by EvanG

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's why fat Pavarotti couldn't hit a note.

No, I get what you are saying. You want a rawk show with rockers running around being crazy and sexy. Fine. Personally, I couldn't care how musicians look as long as I enjoy the music.

Pavarotti got worse as he aged and was actually trying to lose weight and regain his career before he was diagnosed with stomach cancer. His performances took a dive after 2000 and he could no longer hit the same notes. Think his last high c was end of the 90s.

The thing is if your at a unhealthy weight, you dont take care of your stomach muscles and diaphragm. Then your getting puffed, struggling breathing and tired onstage because your unflt. They are all contributors to performance especially as you get older.

18 minutes ago, vloors said:

Pavarotti got worse as he aged and was actually trying to lose weight and regain his career before he was diagnosed with stomach cancer. His performances took a dive after 2000 and he could no longer hit the same notes. Think his last high c was end of the 90s.

The thing is if your at a unhealthy weight, you dont take care of your stomach muscles and diaphragm. Then your getting puffed, struggling breathing and tired onstage because your unflt. They are all contributors to performance especially as you get older.

My last High C was last night, had it with turkey.

Axl's appearance is talked about because he was so damned hot when younger and he put a lot of work into it, he obviously liked to look good.  Now he doesnt seem to care as much and I wonder if this has anything to do with his hair loss which, for somebody in his position, must have been pretty devestating.  As for his weight this could be due to a myriad of health reasons or just South American Cusine!  He did say in that video with the blond girl that he had been dieting so it is obviously an issue.  

As for his voice, maybe it is as good as it gets.

Edited by DurhamGirl

39 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, Adele really sucked before she lost all that weight.

Adele never ran around the stage, Axl runs, gets out of breath then sounds awful. He sounded better when he sat on his throne in 2016, not amazing by any means but better.

My stance on how Axl looks remains the same today as it did in 1987: I couldn't care less what he looks like as long as he sounds good. I'm hoping for him to sound good, but that's entirely up to him and we'll know soon enough I guess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vloors said:

His weight and fitness will determine how good his voice and performance is though. Especially at his age.

Nah... he was heavier in 2016 than he was in 2017-18 yet he sounded miles better in 2016. He was heavy in early 2010 and still sounded fantastic. As long as he sounds good I don't care how he looks, but if he sounds like shit, then also being fat and winded certainly doesn't help.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's why fat Pavarotti couldn't hit a note.

No, I get what you are saying. You want a rawk show with rockers running around being crazy and sexy. Fine. Personally, I couldn't care how musicians look as long as I enjoy the music.

It doesn’t bother you at all to see Axl overweight and with weird short hair?

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, Adele really sucked before she lost all that weight.

Adele is young and just turned 33 not a 60 year old over weight man whose been singing for 35+ years.... theres a world of difference. 

Might be the most stupid comment Ive seen this week. Congratulations.

• Thanks 2

At this point I’m expecting an even fatter and out of tune Axl, he obviously doesn’t give a shit.

my prediction is for the wheels to fall off completely pretty soon.  They’ve milked this cash cow for all they can and it’s time for slash And duff to get Izzy and Matt or Steven with a decent singer and do a Velvet Revolver rebirth.

• Like 1

Axl always pulls it together from complete disaster time after time... This time will be interesting, without new music, singing songs that seem beyond his capabilities.... Who knows what shit show will happen.

I think he should pull the 2010 look, jeans and loose button up t-shirts with dress jackets..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Adele never ran around the stage, Axl runs, gets out of breath then sounds awful. He sounded better when he sat on his throne in 2016, not amazing by any means but better.

9 hours ago, vloors said:

Adele is young and just turned 33 not a 60 year old over weight man whose been singing for 35+ years.... theres a world of difference. 

Might be the most stupid comment Ive seen this week. Congratulations.

Running and singing at the same time is never going to help you sing better, no matter how young you are, no matter how fit you are. If Axl didn't move on stage back in the old days, he would have sounded better too obviously, instead of running marathons on stage while singing. I'd rather see rock musicians be a little sloppy and move around and be entertaining, than be like Oasis and not move an inch on stage. That's as exciting as watching paint dry. But each to their own.

That being said, I couldn't care less if Axl was fat, but I don't even think he is. I don't know what kind of footage you guys are watching, but it's not like he's John Goodman. I bet Slash is not even a lot skinnier than Axl yet you hardly ever hear anyone talk about that.

Slash & Axl Bordeaux - 2018 | Axl rose slash, Guns n roses, Axl rose

Edited by EvanG

On 5/28/2021 at 7:54 AM, EvanG said:

Running and singing at the same time is never going to help you sing better, no matter how young you are, no matter how fit you are. If Axl didn't move on stage back in the old days, he would have sounded better too obviously, instead of running marathons on stage while singing. I'd rather see rock musicians be a little sloppy and move around and be entertaining, than be like Oasis and not move an inch on stage. That's as exciting as watching paint dry. But each to their own.

That being said, I couldn't care less if Axl was fat, but I don't even think he is. I don't know what kind of footage you guys are watching, but it's not like he's John Goodman. I bet Slash is not even a lot skinnier than Axl yet you hardly ever hear anyone talk about that.

Slash & Axl Bordeaux - 2018 | Axl rose slash, Guns n roses, Axl rose

Slash is definitely slimmer and has got some guns. You can tell he works out. Axl looks really good in this pic though. This is probably what you'd expect an in shape Axl to look like pushing 60.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, RussTCB said:

My stance on how Axl looks remains the same today as it did in 1987: I couldn't care less what he looks like as long as he sounds good. I'm hoping for him to sound good, but that's entirely up to him and we'll know soon enough I guess.

I gotta join some other fan boards to see if there are this many guys that care what another guy looks like or if this is exclusive to Gn'R fans. I agree with you, what counts is the performance. Axl's hair, weight ,clothes etc aren't gonna determine if I buy a ticket .

Not just guys on here...Axl always made the most of his 'looks' and 'displayed' them to great effect so I think there is some expectation he would carry on with this age appropriate.  I bet there there were plenty of guys, straight or gay, who enjoyed this too, which is ok,  human species has always appreciated great beauty historically which is reflected through art etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Not just guys on here...Axl always made the most of his 'looks' and 'displayed' them to great effect so I think there is some expectation he would carry on with this age appropriate.  I bet there there were plenty of guys, straight or gay, who enjoyed this too, which is ok,  human species has always appreciated great beauty historically which is reflected through art etc.

Maybe I'm just old but I like GnR for their music. Could give a fuck what any of them look like or wear etc.