Jump to content

What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?


Recommended Posts

I actually thought it was kinda cool that Axl was still rock god-ing it with a little heft.

I also keep hearing people complain about the rings and the jewelry and the hats. Fuck that - I like it all. The guy’s one of the last of the real rock stars - I want him to play it up.

The only thing that bugged me was the short hair. It just looked a bit off. Keep that hair long, Axl!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2021 at 11:12 PM, DurhamGirl said:

Not just guys on here...Axl always made the most of his 'looks' and 'displayed' them to great effect so I think there is some expectation he would carry on with this age appropriate.  I bet there there were plenty of guys, straight or gay, who enjoyed this too, which is ok,  human species has always appreciated great beauty historically which is reflected through art etc.

I always imagined an older Axl who took care of himself to look kind of like Tom Petty. People that downplay his looks underrate how shocking it would be if you showed someone familiar with him from the 90s a picture from anytime post 2000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I actually thought it was kinda cool that Axl was still rock god-ing it with a little heft.

I also keep hearing people complain about the rings and the jewelry and the hats. Fuck that - I like it all. The guy’s one of the last of the real rock stars - I want him to play it up.

The only thing that bugged me was the short hair. It just looked a bit off. Keep that hair long, Axl!

The jewellery is ridiculous! And so are the hats. Fair play to ya if ya think it's cool. Personally, I think it looks bloody ridiculous! He's entering Elton John territory!! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

The jewellery is ridiculous! And so are the hats. Fair play to ya if ya think it's cool. Personally, I think it looks bloody ridiculous! He's entering Elton John territory!! 

Don't forget about the pointy elf boots...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Honest question:

How does how Axl looks matter at all? Doesn't how he sounds matter far, far more? 

I think Axl's looks matter so much to some people because he was so hot in his younger days and so it did add to the bands 'raunch' and sexiness...its rock n roll afterall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Honest question:

How does how Axl looks matter at all? Doesn't how he sounds matter far, far more? 

His voice is far more important but the cool factor is still pretty important in rock n roll and a big part of stage presence.  To a lot of people any way... Sometimes he looks like so much of a Buffoon that he is hard to take seriously. Like in the Shadow Of Your Love Selects video lol.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I think Axl's looks matter so much to some people because he was so hot in his younger days and so it did add to the bands 'raunch' and sexiness...its rock n roll afterall.

If the quality of rock & roll had anything to do with how good looking a person is, music history would be a lot less crowded lol

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

His voice is far more important but the cool factor is still pretty important in rock n roll and a big part of stage presence.  To a lot of people any way... Sometimes he looks like so much of a Buffoon that he is hard to take seriously. Like in the Shadow Of Your Love Selects video lol.. 

Fair enough. You and @DurhamGirlmake solid points. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not expecting anything, however I would hope he would take this time to have lyrnx surgery like Jonathan Davis and get some tonal range back. He’s probs lost a FEW pounds. One thing to remember is any anti depressant causes unwanted weight gain. Myself included unfortunately lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idk you all seem to forget how legendary sound axl with acdc and he was in the same shape, leave the guy alone i mean, the pandemic and mental health is not a easy thing, the medication to mental problems usually make you fat and really hard to lose that weight, and i think axl have feelings so stop acting like a bunch of bullys

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Honest question:

How does how Axl looks matter at all? Doesn't how he sounds matter far, far more? 

He's in the entertainment industry. If he sounded spectacular, people might lay off a bit. But he doesn't, so he's left himself open to ridicule by simply not being in shape. But also, as pointed out,  he used to be very athletic in his prime. So if that is your lasting memory of the dude and then you rock up in 2021 to see him... well you're going to get a fright! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly. As usual, it’s not either black or white. The main thing is his vocal form, of course. But a lot of us remember him from his prime. And while you can’t stop time and aging is natural, there was quite a difference between 2016 and let’s say 2020. And if he still sounded like in 2016, we probably wouldn’t care that much. But in this combination… The appearance also matters. Not as much, but it does. 
That said, I wish I looked anywhere near like him when I’m approaching 60 – whereas I’m currently approaching forty and look more like his 2020 version. He was forty in 2002, and I’m nowhere near that. (Then again, I’m not a famous millionaire rock star, am I…)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Exactly. As usual, it’s not either black or white. The main thing is his vocal form, of course. But a lot of us remember him from his prime. And while you can’t stop time and aging is natural, there was quite a difference between 2016 and let’s say 2020. And if he still sounded like in 2016, we probably wouldn’t care that much. But in this combination… The appearance also matters. Not as much, but it does. 
That said, I wish I looked anywhere near like him when I’m approaching 60 – whereas I’m currently approaching forty and look more like his 2020 version. He was forty in 2002, and I’m nowhere near that. (Then again, I’m not a famous millionaire rock star, am I…)

Yeah I hear ya. I'm a total fat fuck post-lockdown as well. And I ain't even 40. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Isn't Axl in some kinda lockdown all the time anyway (except for touring of course)?

If he sounds good, like Axl/DC good, no one would care too much about his looks, I'd say. 

Edit: it would be nice if he ditched the clown boots and got a different hair cut though :D

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am all for fatshaming someone because they are not singing well enough, but new to this so what do I do? I also remember how Axl looked in his 20s, so I agree that we should not accept that he is now almost 60 and not slim anymore. Entertainers are simply not allowed to gain weight like normal human beings. They owe us to remain slim and good-looking for as long as they offer to play for us. And this is coming from a straight guy so you know it must be important when Axl looking his age ruins the show for me. And don't get me started on his fashion sense! That's entirely our business and ruins the shows! It is our duty to bitch about this instead of just not attending the shows if it bothers us that much. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am all for fatshaming someone because they are not singing well enough, but new to this so what do I do?

Axl is so fat, when he wore a yellow coat, people yelled Taxi!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems a bit much to put so much focus on what he looks like. A bit too harsh for my liking. 

How he sounds and whether the band have any forward momentum and enthusiasm is surely far more important. I don't think Axl looks bad for his age at all really. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Seems a bit much to put so much focus on what he looks like. A bit too harsh for my liking. 

How he sounds and whether the band have any forward momentum and enthusiasm is surely far more important. I don't think Axl looks bad for his age at all really. 

yeah in all seriousness, it doesn't matter to me at all. More to love. He's not that fat anyway and at 60 he still looks pretty cool. :heart:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 6:15 AM, SoulMonster said:

I am all for fatshaming someone because they are not singing well enough, but new to this so what do I do? I also remember how Axl looked in his 20s, so I agree that we should not accept that he is now almost 60 and not slim anymore. Entertainers are simply not allowed to gain weight like normal human beings. They owe us to remain slim and good-looking for as long as they offer to play for us. And this is coming from a straight guy so you know it must be important when Axl looking his age ruins the show for me. And don't get me started on his fashion sense! That's entirely our business and ruins the shows! It is our duty to bitch about this instead of just not attending the shows if it bothers us that much. 

chernobyl calls say you r way too toxic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

chernobyl calls say you r way too toxic

You either didn't understand the sarcasm or you are of the opinion that it is the one reacting to the fatshaming that is toxic and not the ones doing the fatshaming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...