What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?

On 6/2/2021 at 4:26 AM, El Guapo said:

Isn't Axl in some kinda lockdown all the time anyway (except for touring of course)?

If he sounds good, like Axl/DC good, no one would care too much about his looks, I'd say. 

Edit: it would be nice if he ditched the clown boots and got a different hair cut though :D

I do wonder what he does in his downtime. Probably normal stuff. I wonder also if there's ever periods where he puts GnR on the shelf for a bit and just enjoys life. Just doesn't talk about the band and just focuses on other hobbies.

I can accurately answer this question but need to use illustrations.  how does one copy and paste a photo from their gallery (android) to a post in this forum?   

I can accurately answer this question but need to use illustrations.  how does one copy and paste a photo from their gallery (android) to a post in this forum?   

On 6/5/2021 at 5:58 AM, mystery said:

I wonder also if there's ever periods where he puts GnR on the shelf for a bit and just enjoys life. Just doesn't talk about the band and just focuses on other hobbies.

Yes there is. 2009 until present.

I'm confident he doesn't think about GN'R even when he's on stage. He's on stage-autopilot if you know what I mean.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Yes there is. 2009 until present.

I'm confident he doesn't think about GN'R even when he's on stage. He's on stage-autopilot if you know what I mean.

You could probably argue 2016/17. There was no music but he looked in better shape than he'd been in years and also put on some good performances. The problem with Axl, like a lot of things in the past 20 years is the lack of a follow up. 

Makes you sad to think of how cool he looked in 09 and 10, came back with the trucker moustache and the checkered shirts, long hair... Had fire inside him and was angry and the vocals fierce. 

A gnr show now is a family friendly selection of half hearted performances of hits and covers. Pointless covers. Axl doesn't give a shit. 

On 6/4/2021 at 6:58 PM, mystery said:

I do wonder what he does in his downtime. Probably normal stuff. I wonder also if there's ever periods where he puts GnR on the shelf for a bit and just enjoys life. Just doesn't talk about the band and just focuses on other hobbies.

Does he even have other hobbies?

39 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Makes you sad to think of how cool he looked in 09 and 10, came back with the trucker moustache and the checkered shirts, long hair... Had fire inside him and was angry and the vocals fierce. 

A gnr show now is a family friendly selection of half hearted performances of hits and covers. Pointless covers. Axl doesn't give a shit. 

Are you saying he gave more of  a shit when he was coming on 1, 2, 3hrs late? It was of course more exciting but I think over-all the more time conscious Axl is better even if the performances are a bit more family friendly and by the book. At some point we all learn to chill out, and sometime around 50 that happened to Axl. 

It'll be interesting to see how he comes back. He might come back greased up and ripped like Phil Collen!😋

It's a great relief that he no longer comes on late. Even in 2006 he was pulling that B.S. He seems more mellow in the past few years. Have there really been many angry Axl moments/rants? And I'll take boring predictability over wild unpredictability and riots any day.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mystery said:

It's a great relief that he no longer comes on late. Even in 2006 he was pulling that B.S. He seems more mellow in the past few years. Have there really been many angry Axl moments/rants? And I'll take boring predictability over wild unpredictability and riots any day.

Well in the 90s there was a steady stream, in 00s it was less often, by 2010 he had reached peak and hasn't went back to the well. It is a shame but one day maybe he'll cut his hand again on the mic stand and Slash will say he's doing a costume change🙏 

11 hours ago, mystery said:

I think his last one was in Paris 2017 going absolutely nuts at a security guy "hey fuckhead" 😂

• Haha 2

He was better when he was on Axl time, going on late. He would sing better, interact with the band and the audience more, sometimes telling jokes and stuff. Never understood why they dont just say alright this show starts around 11 or midnight so everyone can plan accordingly and no one be pissed about late starts. I'd rather wait for 2+ hours for the real Axl Rose to come out instead of this piss poor impersonator going through the motions while not even trying anymore. As for the looks - I don't care, he's a musician, could not shave for ages and wear whatever the fuck he wants as long as his music is good. He'll probably put on his Axl Rose costume, bandana, boots and bling, as usual. Couldn't care less. With their golden circle ticket prices charging 250-300 bucks to be front of stage and witness the ever same setlist, sloppy guitar noodling and half assed singing they can party on without me. If you haven't seen the band by now, sorry - it's over. If you have seen them before and still contemplate attending this nostalgia wankfest you are either braindead, deaf or suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Probably all of that. Heard they go back on tour, came here expecting news, a new song, at least a hint on something, anything. And they come up with absolutely nothing. As usual. Why the fuck would anyone in his right mind still buy tickets? Too much money? Boredom? See and be seen? Seriously, what is it that still draws people to this show? It can't be the quality of their performance - the lead singer fucking sucks, the lead guitarist cant play a single fucking one of his own fucking solos properly and their drummer plays to a fucking click. They suck. Period. After almost two years of lockdown there's a gazillion bands out there dying to perform again and present new material. I'd rather go and see them instead of GNR. Hard Schhool? My ass! That's a 20 year old leftover from Chinese Democracy and Axl probably rehearsed it once or twice in the shower and that's you know all you need to know about "new material".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

He was better when he was on Axl time, going on late. He would sing better, interact with the band and the audience more, sometimes telling jokes and stuff. Never understood why they dont just say alright this show starts around 11 or midnight so everyone can plan accordingly and no one be pissed about late starts. I'd rather wait for 2+ hours for the real Axl Rose to come out instead of this piss poor impersonator going through the motions while not even trying anymore. As for the looks - I don't care, he's a musician, could not shave for ages and wear whatever the fuck he wants as long as his music is good. He'll probably put on his Axl Rose costume, bandana, boots and bling, as usual. Couldn't care less. With their golden circle ticket prices charging 250-300 bucks to be front of stage and witness the ever same setlist, sloppy guitar noodling and half assed singing they can party on without me. If you haven't seen the band by now, sorry - it's over. If you have seen them before and still contemplate attending this nostalgia wankfest you are either braindead, deaf or suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Probably all of that. Heard they go back on tour, came here expecting news, a new song, at least a hint on something, anything. And they come up with absolutely nothing. As usual. Why the fuck would anyone in his right mind still buy tickets? Too much money? Boredom? See and be seen? Seriously, what is it that still draws people to this show? It can't be the quality of their performance - the lead singer fucking sucks, the lead guitarist cant play a single fucking one of his own fucking solos properly and their drummer plays to a fucking click. They suck. Period. After almost two years of lockdown there's a gazillion bands out there dying to perform again and present new material. I'd rather go and see them instead of GNR. Hard Schhool? My ass! That's a 20 year old leftover from Chinese Democracy and Axl probably rehearsed it once or twice in the shower and that's you know all you need to know about "new material".

Sad but true. I have to agree, unless they got a big surprise. Would make zero sense to hold back information and not promote the fuck out of new music coming, etc. 

I personally believe they got nothing and the shows will be even worse.

3 hours ago, Dean said:

A tremendous moment :lol:

Seems pretty tame by Axl standards. Prime Axl would've tried to start a fight. 

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

2006 Axl is top tier Axl in appearance. 

He was and he knew it with the open shirts. I said before I'd be nice if he rocked that style again. 44 year old Axl looked more mature than 57 year old Axl. Like someone on this board showed, put his old hair on him and he looks like 93/94 Axl. 

• Like 2