Axl impersonator on Chilean TV

2 hours ago, Kranich said:

I recently found this chilean show called Yo Soy, where people impersonate famous singers. There is one for Axl, and this is the best copy of Axl I have ever seen. Brian Johnson is also spot on.

Perfect, and also Slash.

Oh wow! For me it's actually even more impressive how much he got the mannerisms down! I mean the guy moves just like Axl. Slash guy too. For the singing I'd say the end was spot on but the first half was not too convincing. Nonetheless, it's fun to imagine 80's GNR on a modern TV show. Makes you think whether their looks and attitude would have worked in this context today :D (of course I know their success didn't come from anything like this but still..)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tbh I don't think it sounds that much like him, other than being a high raspy singer of sorts. I've heard better, like that Juan the Beast guy. 

It's better than most people could do though.

Edited by Nice Boy

10 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

Tbh I don't think it sounds that much like him, other than being a high raspy singer of sorts. I've heard better, like that Juan the Beast guy. 

It's better than most people could do though.

The voice is about 50% on point (and not too far off when it’s not), the look and the moves 100%. 

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Hmmmm he is ok but the timbre is missing.  I do find this kind of thing embarrassing and cringy....I would like to see Old Goats impression though:axl92:

Better to see it than hear it that's for sure.

• Haha 2

In a alternative universe there are topic like this:

"Axl announce new album, coming this summer"
"Backstage Tour with Slash on the new upcoming summer tour, New Setlist, New Stage, New Songs"
"Fernando & Beta quit GN'R managment, no more Team Brazil"
""How I found Izzy Stadlin in 2021" - New Axl Interview 45min"
"Duff McKagan shares Instagramm picture of Axl Rose at the gym. Axl in a very good shape"

• Like 2

As someone who’s first language also isn’t English this kinda bothers me. The pronunciation isn’t great and it sounds like he doesn’t really understand the lyrics.

I never understood that. Singing an existing song is so much easier than speaking in English and having to figure out what to say and how to say it. A cover like this is nothing more than a copy-paste job.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this, because that is not my intention. But whenever I sing I notice how I have no trouble pronouncing everything correctly, whereas when I speak English I make typical mistakes and need to think about what I’m saying.

Anyway, the dude has a better Axl sound than me. I can go as far as Bridge School Axl, maybe yellow raincoat Axl.

54 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Second guy is better though he looks like he might shit himself while singing night train. 

I agree. He sounds amazing, but it's cringy watching him for some reason.