Excitement at GNR shows?

I have noticed something interesting since tour dates were publshed.  Many posters, understandbly, have been fed-up with GnR and their lack of output and basically not being the band they once were and have become a nostalgic cash cow.  But since the tour announcements many have bought tickets and discussions have evolved around excitement again.  I am not being critical at all I am just curious as to why this is happening with all that they know, Axl's voice etc.

I think this is normal on a GN’R forum. We never know what’s gonna happen. Will they play new songs? What does that “all new show” mean? As for Axl, there’s also always an element of surprise. His voice was weird/bad in 2001–02, and then he returned grand in 06. He was great in 2010, and then he returned weak in 11. He was weakish in 2011–14, and then he returned quite grand in 16. He’s gone down since 2017/18, and we don’t know how he’ll sound (or look) like this year. We know he sounded well on Rock the Rock. 
We know they’ve been working on stuff, and the pause was long enough. Hence the hope and excitement. There always have been periods of downtime, inactivity, frustration, etc. for us fans. That’s how the band rolls. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have noticed something interesting since tour dates were publshed.  Many posters, understandbly, have been fed-up with GnR and their lack of output and basically not being the band they once were and have become a nostalgic cash cow.  But since the tour announcements many have bought tickets and discussions have evolved around excitement again.  I am not being critical at all I am just curious as to why this is happening with all that they know, Axl's voice etc.

Only excitement is the possibility of new songs being added to the setlist. If its the same stock standard NITL setlist with no new songs it will die off very quickly.

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I live in Australia, and they only come down here once every five years or so. I buy tickets every time they come, because nobody knows when the last show will be.

• Like 3

"Why this is happening?"....

We are on a GnR"FAN"forum, right?

All the entitled critism about Axls voice, TB, lack of new music, etc. doesn't necessarily mean, that nobody on here won't go to a show ever again. Wouldn't it be a bit ridiculous for a FANforum, if there weren't at least a few, who are excited about seeing them live again :question:

40 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I buy tickets every time they come, because nobody knows when the last show will be.

btw  ^ this !

• Like 1

They never visited so we have to travel and it is usually like drinking fest with my old buddies.  Secondly, it is rare occasion to see GNR fans in such great number. With T shirts, playing music from cars, bandanas around heads.

Thirdly, we can sing along on concerts with people, like karaoke version. Do not care about new music, just singing out loud and getting some drinks during Slash solos.

For me right now it is like team building :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I always like your posts and questions 'cause you sound like an alien who is just recently on earth and observes humans weird behavior and reactions. 

Most of the questions already have threads 200 pages long, last posted in 4 years ago :lol: 
An alien to the world of GnR perhaps. 

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2021 at 5:12 AM, allwaystired said:

There isn't that much excitement really- a handful of posters at best, and a few 'well, I'll grudgingly go' things. 

Seems to me that most people here aren't really interested unless things pick up. 

I’m excited no matter what. The atmosphere is always tremendous, it’s always an excellent night out. 

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I’m excited no matter what. The atmosphere is always tremendous, it’s always an excellent night out. 

Glad to hear it. 

I'm not, as I'm bored now of the same setlist and I think the band look bored too. I want some change, variety and energy and I hope it'll come at some point. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Definitely looking forward to attending the show in the Twin Cities. Annoyed by the hassle of the venue switch and having to get different tickets, but it is what it is. As someone else pointed out, you never know when the last show will be. Heck, I had little confidence that the NITL tour would make it long enough to get to the Twin Cities last time. Fortunately it did and I had a blast. I haven't missed a tour stop since my first GNR show in '92 so I'm not stopping now. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for something new, but I'll enjoy the experience even if it is another run through the greatest hits. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Locke said:

Definitely looking forward to attending the show in the Twin Cities. Annoyed by the hassle of the venue switch and having to get different tickets, but it is what it is. As someone else pointed out, you never know when the last show will be. Heck, I had little confidence that the NITL tour would make it long enough to get to the Twin Cities last time. Fortunately it did and I had a blast. I haven't missed a tour stop since my first GNR show in '92 so I'm not stopping now. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for something new, but I'll enjoy the experience even if it is another run through the greatest hits. 

Same. This band’s fans have the weirdest relationship. 

I'm only going to this show because I am taking my teenage son to it as his first gnr show.  Otherwise, mostly due to price, I probably wouldn't be going.  This will probably be the last time I go to a gnr show.  UNLESS, the original 5 reunite.

• Like 1