Jump to content

Question: What cowbell was used on Appetite?


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Klay said:

Great question, I have it sampled from the Think About You intro on my edrums kit.

That would be my dream. I always tinkered through the tones of my edrums to match Appetite's drum sound, but never got close enough.  It has a nasty reverb that sounds the same though. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Klay said:

Great question, I have it sampled from the Think About You intro on my edrums kit.

There's this plugin company Ugritone that makes different themed expansions for their drum sampler, KVLTII drums, and they are doing an arena rock expansion now and they said if I could find out what cowbell was used, they would include it, so it's pretty important to me to figure out lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 5:57 AM, TeeJay410 said:

My cursory google search has only led to a single person on a forum suggesting it was a standard tama cowbell, I was wondering if anyone knew for sure?

In the late 80s Im pretty sure Stevens full setup was Pearl including the cowbell. Not sure of models though sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 2:55 AM, TeeJay410 said:

There's this plugin company Ugritone that makes different themed expansions for their drum sampler, KVLTII drums, and they are doing an arena rock expansion now and they said if I could find out what cowbell was used, they would include it, so it's pretty important to me to figure out lol

Doesn’t your eDrums module allow you to play samples you load in wav/mp3 format?

I sampled a GN’R kit from bits from songs - snare from 14 Years intro, toms from Don’t Cry, cowbell from think about you. It literally sounds like the records, eh eh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 6:53 PM, Klay said:

Doesn’t your eDrums module allow you to play samples you load in wav/mp3 format?

I sampled a GN’R kit from bits from songs - snare from 14 Years intro, toms from Don’t Cry, cowbell from think about you. It literally sounds like the records, eh eh

I don’t have edrums, for me it is for programming drum parts while recording

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...