2021 US Tour Tickets

Might be asking in the wrong spot but the individual tour pages aren’t updated yet. 

How was ticket availability in the major markets now that most have been on sale for a little bit? I know this fluctuates based on venue size. 

I’m attending the Dallas (arena) show and Pit ‘sold out’ (or went to aftermarket sources) immediately.  The other really good sections were gone immediately as well. 

For those who don’t buy tickets until right before or day of the show; what is the best method(s) or source? 

If you're curious, just have a look at ticketmaster and zoom in on the maps. You'll get an idea of how shows are selling, but keep in mind that Ticketmaster often pretend things are 'sold out' in order to try and push tickets at higher prices. 

In terms of buying right before, ticketmaster is probably your best bet as they're likely to release all the tickets they pretended were unavailable after being unable to flog them at inflated prices. If you're local to a venue though and looking for a really cheap ticket, might even be an idea to hang around outside and buy one. 

Here;s the Dallas one you mentioned for example: looks like loads of availability now, including the pit. https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-dallas-texas-09-01-2021/event/0C005AB8DDFD3F77

Edited by allwaystired
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

If you're curious, just have a look at ticketmaster and zoom in on the maps. You'll get an idea of how shows are selling, but keep in mind that Ticketmaster often pretend things are 'sold out' in order to try and push tickets at higher prices. 

In terms of buying right before, ticketmaster is probably your best bet as they're likely to release all the tickets they pretended were unavailable after being unable to flog them at inflated prices. If you're local to a venue though and looking for a really cheap ticket, might even be an idea to hang around outside and buy one. 

Here;s the Dallas one you mentioned for example: looks like loads of availability now, including the pit. https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-dallas-texas-09-01-2021/event/0C005AB8DDFD3F77

how long before the show would you check ticketmaster for tickets that have been released prior to the show?  day before?  day of?  I've had some luck getting non gnr tickets the day before a show (good seats too).  just wondering what your experience has been. 

For every concert ever, there's a thing called "reserve seats" that get released within a couple of days of the show. 

Sometimes it's on the day of the show but sometimes it's within a day or two. These reserve seats happen because the design of each venue is slightly different. So the venues are usually able to add more seating near the stage once they're sure of how the staging will fit into their particular venue. 

This happens with every concert ever, including shows supposedly sold out months in advance. 

Having said that, there is ZERO danger of any of these GN'R shows selling out. They may end up a "full capacity" by show time due to giveaways, discounted tickets and so on, but they absolutely will not sell out. So anyone who wants tickets will have no problem getting them right up til showtime in every city. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

how long before the show would you check ticketmaster for tickets that have been released prior to the show?  day before?  day of?  I've had some luck getting non gnr tickets the day before a show (good seats too).  just wondering what your experience has been. 

Yeah basically what @RussTCB said really! 

I'd say if you're looking for certain seats at face value, then keeping dipping in and looking every so often, but mainly in the week of the show. They drop at all times but the biggest ones are the week of the gig. 

if you're looking for discounts- again just keep your eyes open, but I'd be amazed if offers don't come up for these shows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

For every concert ever, there's a thing called "reserve seats" that get released within a couple of days of the show. 

Sometimes it's on the day of the show but sometimes it's within a day or two. These reserve seats happen because the design of each venue is slightly different. So the venues are usually able to add more seating near the stage once they're sure of how the staging will fit into their particular venue. 

This happens with every concert ever, including shows supposedly sold out months in advance. 

Having said that, there is ZERO danger of any of these GN'R shows selling out. They may end up a "full capacity" by show time due to giveaways, discounted tickets and so on, but they absolutely will not sell out. So anyone who wants tickets will have no problem getting them right up til showtime in every city. 

Yeah U2 at Croke Park on the JT 2017 tour made out all 80k or what ever it is few days before the show and show day tickets were dropping 

Also The Boss and ESB said 2 nights in Croke Park all sold out in like 2hr then days before all tickets were on sale 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

Are all floor tickets in America seated like it would be at a Wrestling event? I’ve always been meaning to ask this. Assuming folk mostly stand anyway if it’s on the floor?

Pit tickets are standing First come first servce, there are no chairs in the pit.  The rest of the floor tickets, you have a chair.  Most will stand during the show, but you have a chair if/when you choose to sit (during intermission, during the opening band, etc).

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 2:03 PM, tsinindy said:

Pit tickets are standing First come first servce, there are no chairs in the pit.  The rest of the floor tickets, you have a chair.  Most will stand during the show, but you have a chair if/when you choose to sit (during intermission, during the opening band, etc).

Yeah, I had a floor seat, but only sat for the opening act and then when Guns played their almost 4 hour set ( no joke- 6 song encore- Alamodome 2017! )

I stood the entire time. 

• Like 1