Interesting Radio Experience

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm in the Philly area & one of our local rock stations played "Hair of the Dog" ... I've never in my whole life heard a Spaghetti Incident song played on the radio ... After the song finished the DJ said "I know it's not off of a very popular album but we're hoping to hear their new album soon." 

"Since I dont have you" used to get radio play here in Australia years ago. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I once heard 'One In A Million' come up randomly on a jukebox in bar in about 2002 and nearly cause a riot as people kicked off so much! Needless to say, the barman turned it off and apologized to all the angry people! 

That's a shame, it's a great song. Many folks (my generation) are thin skinned babies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

That's a shame, it's a great song. Many folks (my generation) are thin skinned babies. 

I suppose it would seem a bit much if you were sitting in a bar then just picked up a few words from it! I've always liked it a lot myself....but it probably wouldn't be one I wouldn't sing along to out loud! 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I suppose it would seem a bit much if you were sitting in a bar then just picked up a few words from it! I've always liked it a lot myself....but it probably wouldn't be one I wouldn't sing along to out loud! 

I hear you there! Kinda reminds me of the scene in Office Space when Michael turns down his rap when a black man selling flowers on the road walks by his car.

16 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm in the Philly area & one of our local rock stations played "Hair of the Dog" ... I've never in my whole life heard a Spaghetti Incident song played on the radio ... After the song finished the DJ said "I know it's not off of a very popular album but we're hoping to hear their new album soon." 

Which station? WMMR?

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the 'weirdest' GNR song I've heard on the radio was the alt version of Don't Cry. There's a few stations around here that play all the big hits pretty regularly, plus stuff like Nightrain and Mr Brownstone, but the alt version was pretty surprising to hear.

Funnily enough I think I've heard the alt lyrics Don't Cry on the radio a lot more than I've heard the original one. A station in my area used to play it all the time, can't blame em tho as I also prefer the alt lyrics

Hair Of The Dog was actually a charting single for them I’m surprised it doesn’t get played more.

the most obscure GNR song I’ve heard on the radio is Better, the radio station in my town would play it multiple times a day back when the Harley Davidson leak happened. One time my buddy turned on his radio and Sahara was playing, which shocked me until I realized they were doing a special on Slash’s solo album. Made me chuckle.

Edited by The Matinator