Interesting Radio Experience

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the 'weirdest' GNR song I've heard on the radio was the alt version of Don't Cry. 

I actually heard that recently! Within the last few years anyway.. Waaaayyy back I heard the Garden on the radio when I was working the overnight at a diner.. Probably right around the time they released the video. Also heard Get in the Ring once back then and every time Axl dropped an f-bomb or something they sampled the Homer Simpson "doh" over it lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yes! 

You don't even know the station why are you calling it shitty?

just curious what dj said this?  I'm in Philly....  if it was Jackson then that's a credible source assuming he was implying there is a new album and not that he hopes there is a new album

On 6/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, Axl_morris said:

As a fifer I hate to agree.

But also fuck you!

Very few people are aware but a video for the song was actually filmed in early 1994 and features Jim Leishman as the main protagonist. Bootleg tapes alleged to contain the unreleased promo were said to have been available from a regular seller at Kinross Market in the early 2000s but no further information has ever surfaced.

22 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the 'weirdest' GNR song I've heard on the radio was the alt version of Don't Cry. There's a few stations around here that play all the big hits pretty regularly, plus stuff like Nightrain and Mr Brownstone, but the alt version was pretty surprising to hear.

I remember way back in the day I was listening to the radio with my brother (who wasn’t familiar with UYI at the time, only the hits), and then Don’t Cry Alt came on and he was like “wtf? This isn’t Don't Cry!” And I was like “Yes it is. It’s Don’t Cry 2!” He looked so confused lol.

I think some of ya'll are misunderstanding the point of my making this thread ... I just found it interesting to hear Hair of the Dog (GnR) on a local radio station since like I said I've never heard a Spaghetti track on air before .... The DJs comment about the new album I found funny given the state of GnR and "new music" I dont think for a second it's a hint that something is coming 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

just curious what dj said this?  I'm in Philly....  if it was Jackson then that's a credible source assuming he was implying there is a new album and not that he hopes there is a new album

I have no idea who the DJ I was drunk and just started my car and the song was playing ... But the comment he made about the "album" implied it's common knowledge one is on the way ... I just assume he's going off of the myriad of articles over the past 4 years talking about it per Slash & Duff's (and his wife's) comments

11 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Sorry to be that guy, but can someone explain the "dancing in the hallways" reference to me? 

A fella said he played Better through the tannoy of his school after it leaked and everyone started doing the slosh in unison.

I’m sure that’s what it was, apart from that last bit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Sorry to be that guy, but can someone explain the "dancing in the hallways" reference to me? 

Wayyyyy back in the early 2000s someone made a claim that they'd played leaks over the PA system at their school and people loved the music so much they were dancing in the halls. 

A ridiculous claim for sure and it just became part of forum legend over time much like "thank you by take of us, DJ is better than the old one". 

It just seems we get this "I heard a random DJ say new GN'R is on the way" every few months. 

Edited by RussTCB
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually heard that recently! Within the last few years anyway.. Waaaayyy back I heard the Garden on the radio when I was working the overnight at a diner.. Probably right around the time they released the video. Also heard Get in the Ring once back then and every time Axl dropped an f-bomb or something they sampled the Homer Simpson "doh" over it lol

This version needs to be found. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 12:02 AM, Tom-Ass said:

That version must have had more doh than the Pillsbury factory.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

I think some of ya'll are misunderstanding the point of my making this thread ... I just found it interesting to hear Hair of the Dog (GnR) on a local radio station since like I said I've never heard a Spaghetti track on air before .... The DJs comment about the new album I found funny given the state of GnR and "new music" I dont think for a second it's a hint that something is coming 

Woohoo he just said there's an album coming :awesomeface: