Will they go heavy on the Illusions this summer tour?

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I want to hear Slash do his vocal bit on DnB before the solo. I thought Locomotive was pretty good; they didn't go too fast and the band sounded good on it. I don't care that much about if Axl can keep up and sound good on BoB or DDM because he doesn't on a lot of the other songs; I just want to see Slash and Duff play them again.

Oh yeah forgot about Ain't Goin' Down; would love to hear that one too.

That's a pretty good set actually.

Yea hearing Slash's vocals before the solo would be cool. Locomotive wasn't too bad, and they deserve credit for even playing it, but I didn't like the backing tracks or the effects on Axl's vocals.

One of my favorite UYI songs is Don't Damn Me. I would LOVE to FINALLY  hear it live. I know it won't happen since they didn't perform the song  during their prime. Still, that would be an awesome surprise.

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

One of my favorite UYI songs is Don't Damn Me. I would LOVE to FINALLY  hear it live. I know it won't happen since they didn't perform the song  during their prime. Still, that would be an awesome surprise.

DDM is probably my favorite GnR song but I think they would have to alter I for Axl to be able to pull it off.  It's a pretty difficult song to sing and IMO their most underrated song!

5 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

DDM is probably my favorite GnR song but I think they would have to alter I for Axl to be able to pull it off.  It's a pretty difficult song to sing and IMO their most underrated song!

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

It's mostly his lower voice so that shouldn't be a problem, he just needs to be able to keep up with the tempo. If he could do SOYL and Coma then I think he can pull this off with a little practice.

I mainly just want to see Slash play it though :slash:

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

A world whereupon Silkworms is a best of scenario is a dystopia I wish not contemplate!

Silkworms could be re-worked into something special. My guess is the best version of it is likely the now discarded mix with the full vocal take we heard live in 2001 and 2002 with Bucket's parts.

I do like the shorter intro in the leaked Bumble version. I do miss Josh's drums from the RM1 version though, his drums were killer.

I think Axl could pull Don’t Damn Me off very well and pretty consistently too. The verses can be sung in his lower brownstone style/almost talky register (ignoring the layers) which he doesn’t struggle with at all. He might have to sing the slow higher bits without rasp now but that wouldn’t bother me because the rest would sound killer. I’d love to hear it. One of my favourites. Would make a great opener!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't really care anymore, lol. Just play some new shit.

Agreed, if it's just the same 30 year old songs with weak singing it really doesn't make much of a difference if they play this, that or the other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

if frank is still drummer this band is RIP, if there is one thing he cannot do which aside from butchering rocket queen and ISE is that he has no business touching any UYI tunes this is beyond his brain capacity, an overload of a grand mess look no more to YCBM estranged or locomotive for references 

I'd very much like it if Brain returned, or Matt. 

I have to laugh every time I see someone say Frank is the only or biggest problem with the band. 

If Frank doesn't play the songs the way you like them, then that's fine but I'd say there are quite a few bigger problems with GN'R. Here's a few off the top of my head:

The lead singer doesn't care to get his voice into shape for tours

The lead guitarist doesn't care to play some of his own solos right 

The band plays exactly the same setlist every single night and has for years

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

Frank and Richard will always be the whipping boys for some people for the heinous offence of not being Steven and Izzy.

Unfortunately. Steven probably can't handle most of the CD and Illusions stuff, assuming he's sober enough to try.

I do like Richard, the band needs someone to play the harder guitar parts from Bucket and Bumble. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh every time I see someone say Frank is the only or biggest problem with the band. 

If Frank doesn't play the songs the way you like them, then that's fine but I'd say there are quite a few bigger problems with GN'R. Here's a few off the top of my head:

The lead singer doesn't care to get his voice into shape for tours

The lead guitarist doesn't care to play some of his own solos right 

The band plays exactly the same setlist every single night and has for years

i have to laugh too when i see any defence at all of frank and to a slightly lesser extent richard, you change the drummer and it can have a massive effect 

why u think slash plays like shit 

why u thnk axl sings like shit

b/c its not a real reunion and the drumming is horrendous, nobody likes each other cause it aint GNR period

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Haha 2