Will they go heavy on the Illusions this summer tour?

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i have to laugh too when i see any defence at all of frank and to a slightly lesser extent richard, you change the drummer and it can have a massive effect 

why u think slash plays like shit 

why u thnk axl sings like shit

b/c its not a real reunion and the drumming is horrendous, nobody likes each other cause it aint GNR period

Haha, yep, you're right. Axl and Slash turn in terrible performances because it Frank...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 11:22 PM, Sweersa said:

Silkworms could be re-worked into something special. My guess is the best version of it is likely the now discarded mix with the full vocal take we heard live in 2001 and 2002 with Bucket's parts.

I do like the shorter intro in the leaked Bumble version. I do miss Josh's drums from the RM1 version though, his drums were killer.

Drums 0.5db up or down?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i have to laugh too when i see any defence at all of frank and to a slightly lesser extent richard, you change the drummer and it can have a massive effect 

b/c its not a real reunion and the drumming is horrendous, nobody likes each other cause it aint GNR period

Wait you don't like Frank and this lineup? Boy that is a shocker, I sure never could tell that based on your posts since '16 :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, agustingloger said:

I don't know why they didn't play Bad Obsession yet. Great song and fits current Axl vocals! Pretty tied up would be Nice! Don't damn me is one of greatest GNR songs but i don't see them playing it

They rehearsed PTU last year tho, so you never know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I've seen a lot of odd takes here in the last year or so but this one has to take the price... Axl sings bad because the guy who he has played with for 15 years is still on drums? Seems like a BIT of a stretch. 

• Thanks 1

Well, they played some deep cuts already. Coma, Double Talkin' Jive, etc. The other songs are fillers or hard to play without certain members (Dust N' Bones and 14 Years with Izzy, The Garden with Alice Cooper) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The Garden with Alice Cooper

They played it pretty regularly on the Skin N' Bones tour without Alice... :shrugs:

It's one of those songs that Axl would potentially sound good on, but he'd still probably use his mickey voice for whatever reason. I'd like to hear them try it, though.

• Like 1

I also came here to say The Garden would be a good choice. Album version is a great song imo. If they did it live it could facilitate as a deep cut for the fans who care about that, but also easy for him to sing, it's not too demanding and doesn't require rasp, so no Mickey. 

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ha exactly!! You love to see these comments. How do these fools explain how Axl was singing well in 2016 with Frank and Richard (who played exactly the same as the preceding years). 

Frank doesn't sound good because he wasn't in the band in the 80s or 90s heyday so nobody can attach any BS nostalgia to him. Once again I point any one who's interested to go view the Chinese tour from late 2006-2014, Frank plays WAY more restrained than he did from 2016 onwards. In my mind and from direct quotes from the key members of the band... He was made to play differently. If Slash sucks because of the drums, maybe Slash shouldn't be telling the drummer how to play drums? go figure. Maybe Frank sat Slash down for a how to bend a note lesson and that's why Slash sounds so shit now😋

As far as the band leaning heavy on UYI... can't see it. I think we'll get PTU eventually, but I think the sets going to be pretty safe out of the gate and then start to get slightly more adventurous... let's be real, these are US stadium/festival shows the majority don't give a toss about Dead horse and The garden.

It would be cool in one way if they did play a lot of UYI for nostalgic reasons and the anniversary, but on the flip-side it would be so fucking dumb for them to play a 30yr old album so heavily on a tour promoted as "the next chapter", and even dumber for them to go all out with UYI celebrations when they didn't make any effort in a live format over AFD. 

As far as UYI additions to the set, I'd be happy with Coma being added to the alt list😄

you dont know anything 

4 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I also came here to say The Garden would be a good choice. Album version is a great song imo. If they did it live it could facilitate as a deep cut for the fans who care about that, but also easy for him to sing, it's not too demanding and doesn't require rasp, so no Mickey. 

I don't know, it's a great album track but not really a good stage song, imo. It's not played very often for a reason. 

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I don't know, it's a great album track but not really a good stage song, imo. It's not played very often for a reason. 

It's a perfect song for the deep cut slot on the alt list. I see no reason to play it every night, but they did release a video for it so it's relatively known with the gnr fan world... obviously not on the level of the big hitters or remotely close. It would be purely for the rabid fan.

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's a perfect song for the deep cut slot on the alt list. I see no reason to play it every night, but they did release a video for it so it's relatively known with the gnr fan world... obviously not on the level of the big hitters or remotely close. It would be purely for the rabid fan.

Don't get ne wrong, I really like The Garden. But it would be another slow song that drags along with not much to do for the audience than just stand there and listen.

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

get in where u fit in 

gnr suck idiots 

i was there when they didn't play it that was so promising! yeahhh

What does "get in where u fit in" mean? 

NB: you can write 'you', as we're not limited on the word count here. Go on, spoil yourself! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Don't get ne wrong, I really like The Garden. But it would be another slow song that drags along with not much to do for the audience than just stand there and listen.

I agree, if it's between that and possibly perfect crime or something else quick and to the point the set would benefit more with the fast song. Like I mentioned coma is a big drag live for those exact reason. There Re plenty of other songs regularly played that leave the crowd cold. 

Pretty tied up

Back off bitch

Garden of Eden

Shotgun blues

Perfect crime

Get in the ring (updated present day rant)

Those would be the ones I'd be aiming to include, some for every night others sporadically.

• Like 1