Ex-Skid Row Johnny Solinger dies at 55

Towelie

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/former_skid_row_singer_johnny_solinger_dead_at_55.html

I know a lot of fans stopped listening after Bach left, but Solinger did some good shit with the band. 

Revolutions Per Minute is best avoided, but Thickskin was a solid album from start to finish at their two United World Rebellion EP's were worth a listen. 

RIP Johnny.

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/former_skid_row_singer_johnny_solinger_dead_at_55.html

I know a lot of fans stopped listening after Bach left, but Solinger did some good shit with the band. 

Revolutions Per Minute is best avoided, but Thickskin was a solid album from start to finish at their two United World Rebellion EP's were worth a listen. 

RIP Johnny.

I see he died of liver failure, just out of a bit of morbid curiosity, did he have a drug or alcohol problem?

9 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I see he died of liver failure, just out of a bit of morbid curiosity, did he have a drug or alcohol problem?

Was wondering the same myself. If you read the statements from the band regarding the firing it's rather vague. I got the sense it had something to do with some kind of problem with a substance addiction.

• Like 1

RIP Johnny 💔😢, this is very sad.  You will be missed by many! 

I was hoping that he could make it to the liver transplantation but unfortunately his body was already to weak. This hits me hard. I love Skid Row and Johnny did a great job in the band. Many fans didn’t give him the chance but those who did loved his contribution to the band. Thickskin and the United World Rebellion EP s are awesome albums! He was a good guy, always talked to fans and had a smile for us. 
this is all very very sad…

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Was wondering the same myself. If you read the statements from the band regarding the firing it's rather vague. I got the sense it had something to do with some kind of problem with a substance addiction.

He was not fired due to addiction problems. They stated that he didn’t give all 100% for Skid Row anymore and that he had other priorities. They meant his solo work, he did want to do country albums. 

For Rachel, Snake and Scotti Skid Row means everything, so when they get the feeling someone doesnt put the same effort in it as they do they begin to think if its the right fit. 
johnny was the right fit for a long long time but in the end he wanted to do other kind of music which is ok. Bless him

As about his liver problem: don t want to speculate or spread rumors. There are two options why someone suffers from liver failure.. 

Rest in peace Johnny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1