Does anyone care?

11 hours ago, EvanG said:

Regarding the reunion, I understand he didn't think it was fair if it didn't get split equally as he tweeted and I don't disagree if that is true. But goddamn... I would have done it for free if it was just for two shows anyway as it was supposed to be. Just to please the fans or for old time's sake. It's sad it always has to be about money in the first place. 

Yeah that's fair for sure. Although I guess he realized how much money they were going to make from Coachella or whichever shows it was going to be and decided that he should be paid more based on that, which is also fair. If that's the case then it's unfortunate that Axl/Slash/Duff weren't willing to accommodate him (although I'm sure the final say lies with Axl). But on the other hand there's the thing that Duff was saying about how they had amps ready for him at rehearsal and he never showed up, so maybe he didn't want to do it to begin with and he used the money as an excuse. 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:12 AM, Tom-Ass said:

The tour starts in less than a month.. Does anyone even care? Did any tickets sell?  I haven't even been looking. I feel like this is the least anticipated Guns tour ever.  I have tickets for the second show and could care less. I have been holding onto them for two years and it is on a Tuesday night.  The band isn't doing anything to stir up any excitement. They are all 5 years older.. I expect Axl to look and sound like shit and use the show as a rehearsal.  Ridiculous hats and elf boots included. They will still have the same half assed lineup complete with a terrible drummer and a blue haired anime bobblehead.  

I could care less if this lineup ever released a song. No interest in anything that includes Fortus, Frank or the Bobblehead. Axl sounded like crap on CD never mind now and I have no interest in any music that sounds anything like CD.

For me the highlight of the "reunion" were the live shows. They have been a blast . I could watch Slash play those classics all day long but I couldn't be more indifferent about this show coming up. You would think it would be the total opposite since Covid stifled live shows for so long. 

Is anyone jacked up about the tour?

I don't understand the point of posts like this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardNixon said:

I don't understand the point of posts like this. 

Dudes got a point though. It’s just more of the same and I think ticket sales have reflected this. Would have been the perfect time to announce a new album to get people stoked for the tour. Instead, the band just seems to be relying on people wanting to go see them cos it’s the first concert they’ll have seen since COVID 

48 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Dudes got a point though. It’s just more of the same and I think ticket sales have reflected this. Would have been the perfect time to announce a new album to get people stoked for the tour. Instead, the band just seems to be relying on people wanting to go see them cos it’s the first concert they’ll have seen since COVID 

That's right, it comes across as very arrogant on their part. And then there's the "selects" which won't help either.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Russ, how do you know Slash and Duff don't want to be in Gn'R? it seems they really wanted to return to the fold and haven't regretted it. Also they seemed to have a lot of fun playing to all these people and being in a band with Axl again. It's also a business, but I think they enjoy playing to huge crowds, especially Slash.

I was posting my opinion on the matter, I don't know them personally. My opinion is shaped by my perception of what I see from them. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was posting my opinion on the matter, I don't know them personally. My opinion is shaped by my perception of what I see from them. 

fair enough, I deleted the post soon after asking cause on second thought it seemed pointless, I think I already get your position on it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Axl and Slash tolerate each other for business purposes. 

As much as what they've been doing together since reuniting is largely shit, I still find it hard to believe that they are only up there because someone finally cracked their magic number. I fully believe that they are at the very least friendly, I doubt they are besties... regardless, they don't have to like each other to work well together. 

I don't know how invested Slash is in the whole thing though, he just seems like he's one foot out the door / parachute on. His focus is still very much on SMKC, I don't even think GNR releasing this mythical album would change that. I think he's tasted the easy life with Myles and can't be arsed dealing with any BS. He probably thinks "I'd love to record, but if Axl just wants to tour that's ok with me".

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Exactly.

It's a discussion forum, so people are supposed to be discussing GN'R. It's not the fault of the fans that GN'R doesn't give their fans anything positive to discuss. 

The point of the thread seems pretty clear to me. You have a long time fan ( @Tom-Ass) who would very much like to be excited about GN'R, but there's no reason to be. Seems natural to be curious how others feel and why they feel the way they do. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

As much as what they've been doing together since reuniting is largely shit, I still find it hard to believe that they are only up there because someone finally cracked their magic number. I fully believe that they are at the very least friendly, I doubt they are besties... regardless, they don't have to like each other to work well together. 

I don't know how invested Slash is in the whole thing though, he just seems like he's one foot out the door / parachute on. His focus is still very much on SMKC, I don't even think GNR releasing this mythical album would change that. I think he's tasted the easy life with Myles and can't be arsed dealing with any BS. He probably thinks "I'd love to record, but if Axl just wants to tour that's ok with me".

I think there have been enough moments. Little things, that show that they do not "just tolerate" each other. Starting from Las Vegas on, just seeing how Axl, at times just sat there, watching them. But obviously, apart from the stage, travel from and to the show, each one has their own life and mostly keeps to themselves.

Of course for Slash, it's a whole different thing as back in the day. He has SMKC as his creative outlet now, which challenges him as an artist and then there is GNR, which is more than paying the bills and for a guy like him, a huge blast to just reap the fruits of his labours from a quarter century ago, getting out there each night, playing in front of stadiums. He get's the best of both worlds. He has his own thing and GNR as the side gig that affords him the freedom to not give a fuck about what happens anymore. I mean he's living the dream. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, following GNR is such a joy! 

I honestly do get the "they won't be around forever" argument BUT I've also seen then a LOT. 

I saw GN'R in 91, 92, 93, 02, 06, 10, 11, 12 & 16 with multiple shows during many of those years. 

Unless they're gonna do something new & interesting, I'm set. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

I honestly do get the "they won't be around forever" argument BUT I've also seen then a LOT. 

I saw GN'R in 91, 92, 93, 02, 06, 10, 11, 12 & 16 with multiple shows during many of those years. 

Unless they're gonna do something new & interesting, I'm set. 

The "they won't be around forever" tag applies to every band in existence. I remember thinking back in 02 that it "may be the last chance I get to see GNR"! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1