Does anyone care?

16 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The "they won't be around forever" tag applies to every band in existence. I remember thinking back in 02 that it "may be the last chance I get to see GNR"! 

They should be dangling the possibility of retirement in their social media, just subtly implying it... might move a few tickets!🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, following GNR is such a joy! 

It can be (or at least not the doom and gloom some here concentrate on), if you realize it's just a fucking band and stop to project all your wants on them. There are plenty of acts I like, so I don't focus all my attention on them. New album or not, I don't fucking care. Either it comes or it doesn't. Either I like what they come up with or I don't. Most likely it won't live up to what they've done before, anyway. So I'm good. The concerts as a whole, the whole actual experience (and no, that doesn't mean watching Youtube videos, which I almost never do), is good enough for me. Some people here take this shit way too fucking serious. Also, several of my favourites are dead (or at least retired), so I appreciate it all the more that at least I still get my GNR concerts.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It can be (or at least not the doom and gloom some here concentrate on), if you realize it's just a fucking band and stop to project all your wants on them. There are plenty of acts I like, so I don't focus all my attention on them. New album or not, I don't fucking care. Either it comes or it doesn't. Either I like what they come up with or I don't. Most likely it won't live up to what they've done before, anyway. So I'm good. The concerts as a whole, the whole actual experience (and no, that doesn't mean watching Youtube videos, which I almost never do), is good enough for me. Some people here take this shit way too fucking serious. Also, several of my favourites are dead (or at least retired), so I appreciate it all the more that at least I still get my GNR concerts.

I don't understand this mentality. So because it is "just a band" and you personally don't care that much, the rest of the fans of the band should be grateful for what they are getting even if the position Axl has chosen to take is that the band wants to move forward and yet they deliver nothing but nostalgia and we get a general update every half a decade?

it's not a matter of flawed fan behavior. The fans are doing exactly what they are supposed to do: they care a lot about Gn'R. Just part of being a hardcore fan. It is this particular band that functions in a way that fails to provide what all the other bands naturally achieve.

it's one thing to try and see it for what it is and to understand why it ended up like this. It's another to put the responsibility on the fans instead of Axl. I accept that by this point fans shouldn't expect Axl to be prolific or to not follow a setlist but the existence of other acts is not relevant at all since they can't provide what Gn'R has the potential to provide which is exactly why a lot of people still care. Only Gn'R sounds like Gn'R.

the live show that is built around nostalgia is still something to be enjoyed for many, but as long as Axl doesn't come out and says he's done with any intention to move forward, hopes of something more are totally valid imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I don't understand this mentality. So because it is "just a band" and you personally don't care that much, the rest of the fans of the band should be grateful for what they are getting even if the position Axl has chosen to take is that the band wants to move forward and yet they deliver nothing but nostalgia and we get a general update every half a decade?

If you want peace of mind and not spent your days, bickering like a broken record on a message board and getting worked up about the same shit, then yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1