Does anyone care?

Nobody cares.  I saw an ad for Green Day at Target Field during a Minnesota Twins game the other day, went to check on tickets and they are nearly sold out.  The GNR concert for the same venue was canceled and moved to the hockey arena because of poor sales.  That event is selling poorly.

No seattle or Vancouver so I’m not bothering. If it’s not a quick flight away I don’t care. But I’ve seen them 16 times lol so I think I’m good unless there is a reason to excited and there hasn’t been one for a looonnnng time 

At this point I don't. I have many IF. If Axl gets his voice back. If he is in better shape. If they bring a more interesting set list. And if they feature Izzy and Adler more often. Then I'm open to go to a couple of shows

• Like 2

I think for me personally, it's not so much care as much as just morbid curiosity. I'll keep an eye out just to see if anything interesting happens. But aside from that my interest in this band has gotten about as low as it did in 2014. And that's a shame because atleast then the excuse was that guys who didn't even play on the classic material were in the band. But now with Slash and Duff back and it being more of the same is just super disappointing. 

• Like 1

As always, I'm only interested about new music. The fact that Hard School was teased before Covid, makes me hopeful that it's going to be played at some point and that would lead to the announcement of an actual new album. We'd get a release date and then of course the album would actually get released.

That's what I'm hoping will happen. And if that happens, I will be super stoked. But I won't get too excited before something interesting actually happens.

• Like 1

I honestly cared more during the CD era than I do now. As much of a shitshow as that was, at least there was always an air of mystery, and you truly never knew what was gonna happen next. Between that and the idea that Axl was pursuing some grand vision and a vastly different sound for GNR, it was such a fun thing to follow even if it got insanely frustrating. And all that said...yeah, I am glad I got to see something close to the "real" GNR live. 12 year old me would've never imagined that I'd get to see Axl, Slash, and Duff playing GNR songs together in person, and despite Axl sounding pretty iffy it was an absolute fucking blast to see the dudes that got me into the one passion that would stick with me for life, music. But for the price I paid, and the fact that the setlists basically never change in any meaningful way, I don't really feel the need to drop over a hundred bucks on a ticket again to essentially see the same show (with likely even worse vocals).

And, the worst part? Yeah, I don't really think I'm interested in new GNR music anymore either. Axl, Slash, and Duff haven't written music together in well over 25 years, and they're all coming up on 60 years old. I don't think it would feel very genuine if they just tried to write some "bad ass" rock and roll record, and I also can't imagine that any such material would be anything but "okay" at best. The best case scenario would be if they aimed for a more mature rock sound, something more experimental and emotional, but between Slash's love of just churning out '80s blues rock forever and Axl's inability to finish anything, I don't see that happening. And the fact that they've been endlessly cashing in on the nostalgia touring circuit for 5 years tells me that they're probably aware of that as well, and I don't really blame them for it. Because like I said...they're almost 60 year old multi millionaires that have proven themselves decades ago, they don't have to give a fuck for the rest of their lives. If they ever do drop new music, of course I'll listen to it and hope to be thoroughly proven wrong. But to me, the reunion basically ended up putting to rest any hope of GNR being a band that continued to evolve and push themselves forward in any capacity (and we didn't exactly get a ton of that during the nuGuns era...).

It all just sucks, because I was so damn excited to see these dudes finally reunite. I had hoped we'd get a couple of awesome tours (and we got that) and one final album that they all poured everything into, to end the band's career on a higher note than anything that had happened since the Illusions. But that ship sailed a long time ago, and all we're left with is this dying husk of a band.

Edited by chevelle
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chevelle said:

I honestly cared more during the CD era than I do now. As much of a shitshow as that was, at least there was always an air of mystery, and you truly never knew what was gonna happen next. Between that and the idea that Axl was pursuing some grand vision and a vastly different sound for GNR, it was such a fun thing to follow even if it got insanely frustrating. And all that said...yeah, I am glad I got to see something close to the "real" GNR live. 12 year old me would've never imagined that I'd get to see Axl, Slash, and Duff playing GNR songs together in person, and despite Axl sounding pretty iffy it was an absolute fucking blast to see the dudes that got me into the one passion that would stick with me for life, music. But for the price I paid, and the fact that the setlists basically never change in any meaningful way, I don't really feel the need to drop over a hundred bucks on a ticket again to essentially see the same show (with likely even worse vocals).

And, the worst part? Yeah, I don't really think I'm interested in new GNR music anymore either. Axl, Slash, and Duff haven't written music together in well over 25 years, and they're all coming up on 60 years old. I don't think it would feel very genuine if they just tried to write some "bad ass" rock and roll record, and I also can't imagine that any such material would be anything but "okay" at best. The best case scenario would be if they aimed for a more mature rock sound, something more experimental and emotional, but between Slash's love of just churning out '80s blues rock forever and Axl's inability to finish anything, I don't see that happening. And the fact that they've been endlessly cashing in on the nostalgia touring circuit for 5 years tells me that they're probably aware of that as well, and I don't really blame them for it. Because like I said...they're almost 60 year old multi millionaires that have proven themselves decades ago, they don't have to give a fuck for the rest of their lives. If they ever do drop new music, of course I'll listen to it and hope to be thoroughly proven wrong. But to me, the reunion basically ended up putting to rest any hope of GNR being a band that continued to evolve and push themselves forward in any capacity (and we didn't exactly get a ton of that during the nuGuns era...).

It all just sucks, because I was so damn excited to see these dudes finally reunite. I had hoped we'd get a couple of awesome tours (and we got that) and one final album that they all poured everything into, to end the band's career on a higher note than anything that had happened since the Illusions. But that ship sailed a long time ago, and all we're left with is this dying husk of a band.

Well said

Not really. I wasn't even all that excited when the reunion happened. It's no longer a band and it hasn't been for a long time. I hope they do well, I don't wish them anything but success but they've been a huge disappointment for me in so many ways. 

I know James Hetfield was refering to new Guns when he said "I don't know if there's much Guns or Roses in any of that" but I think it applies here was well. And there really isn't. Just corporate greed.

Edited by Sisyphus

3 hours ago, chevelle said:

Dying indeed. And it used to be the lack of studio or any kind of output that was the main issue but when you couple that with the waning performance and absolutely cringeworthy vocals by one of the greatest singers of all time the apologists don't really have a leg to stand on. 

But if it still floats their boat, more power to them.

Edited by Sisyphus

4 hours ago, chevelle said:

I am still interested in GNRs (hypothetical new) music, but besides that! this totally sums up my feelings on GNR. Got to see Slash, Axl, Duff and even Dizzy play together again that was worth the admission fee. I don't need to see that over and over again unless there's something new for me to get excited about. Still not excited by anything since 2017 at the latest... and being honest I was tapping out in 2013/2014. My interest levels raised a bit with the final few 2014 residency shows and Axls revolver interview about CDII... which proved to be more of nothing. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Yes i care because it's still my favourite band and because of Slash, i play guitar! It's still amazing too see Slash live. I know how Axl sounds like... but it's fine. I have two tickes. Munich and Hannover

Same, I still love seeing Slash playing all those classics, extended jams and solos.  

18 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

What show are you attending?

Fenway.. Boston

The way I see it is GNR is like a rollercoaster you've been on countless times.  It's still a fun time when you're on it, but conjuring up any excitement to ride again is difficult at best.

I've never had a bad time at GNR show (been to 19 so far) and I doubt I would have a bad time if I went again.

But I'm not going again unless something changes.  My curiosity will remain (and who is kidding who, if you're still checking this site or other GNR sites semi-regularly you're curiosity hasn't completely evaporated either). 

With that said, maybe it's just me getting old(er) in addition to the inaction of GNR.  I rarely get excited about anything anymore outside of spending time with family and friends.  Covid-19 has zapped a lot of enthusiasm in general.  I just don't care about stuff that use to matter to me twenty years ago.  Sports, movies, television shows, books, music in general.  None of it really gets me all that jazzed anymore.  I just don't find a lot of value in any of it the same way I use to when I was growing up or during my early adult life.  I use to think new GNR material really mattered to me and my life.  Now I don't really care one way or another.  If a new GNR album were to be released this fall, of course I would buy it.  But would it matter all that much to me?  No.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/4/2021 at 9:12 AM, Tom-Ass said:

The tour starts in less than a month.. Does anyone even care? Did any tickets sell?  I haven't even been looking. I feel like this is the least anticipated Guns tour ever.  I have tickets for the second show and could care less. I have been holding onto them for two years and it is on a Tuesday night.  The band isn't doing anything to stir up any excitement. They are all 5 years older.. I expect Axl to look and sound like shit and use the show as a rehearsal.  Ridiculous hats and elf boots included. They will still have the same half assed lineup complete with a terrible drummer and a blue haired anime bobblehead.  

I could care less if this lineup ever released a song. No interest in anything that includes Fortus, Frank or the Bobblehead. Axl sounded like crap on CD never mind now and I have no interest in any music that sounds anything like CD.

For me the highlight of the "reunion" were the live shows. They have been a blast . I could watch Slash play those classics all day long but I couldn't be more indifferent about this show coming up. You would think it would be the total opposite since Covid stifled live shows for so long. 

Is anyone jacked up about the tour?

So you have tickets for Fenway Park?

I bought them last year, then got a refund after the show was cancelled. Had good seats, behind the visitors' dugout. I still think about buying tickets for the rescheduled show, but either the band, management, or Ticketmaster had the audacity to increase ticket prices over last year. It would cost me over $700 to get the same three seats I had last year, and for what? Another "greatest hits" show?

You're right, the band is older, and there's no magical elixir for Axl's voice. About the only thing that would compel me to go is the promise of new material, and there's not even been a hint of it.

30 minutes ago, downzy said:

The way I see it is GNR is like a rollercoaster you've been on countless times.  It's still a fun time when you're on it, but conjuring up any excitement to ride again is difficult at best.

I've never had a bad time at GNR show (been to 19 so far) and I doubt I would have a bad time if I went again.

But I'm not going again unless something changes.  My curiosity will remain (and who is kidding who, if you're still checking this site or other GNR sites semi-regularly you're curiosity hasn't completely evaporated either). 

With that said, maybe it's just me getting old(er) in addition to the inaction of GNR.  I rarely get excited about anything anymore outside of spending time with family and friends.  Covid-19 has zapped a lot of enthusiasm in general.  I just don't care about stuff that use to matter to me twenty years ago.  Sports, movies, television shows, books, music in general.  None of it really gets me all that jazzed anymore.  I just don't find a lot of value in any of it the same way I use to when I was growing up or during my early adult life.  I use to think new GNR material really mattered to me and my life.  Now I don't really care one way or another.  If a new GNR album were to be released this fall, of course I would buy it.  But would it matter all that much to me?  No.  

Getting old sucks, in this sense.

Sometimes I really wonder if Axl is on some heavy medication at all times since many years. He seems to be a completly different person. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Getting old sucks, in this sense.

Sometimes I really wonder if Axl is on some heavy medication at all times since many years. He seems to be a completly different person. 

Maybe, but who knows.  I also doubt it.

More likely he became indifferent to Guns/new music in the same way that most people become indifferent as they get older.   Financial considerations seem to be the main driver, which, again, isn't all that uncommon for people 40 and over.  

46 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nearly all of my time with friends and family is focused around music related things. Listening to records, going to concerts, record store trips etc etc. 

So for me, music is always front and center. However, GN'R have consistently pushed themselves out of my life. They refuse to do anything interesting either in the studio or in a live setting. 

There's SO many other artists or there, new and old who release music and/or put on a far better show then GN'R care to. I've been to one show since all Covid restrictions were lifted in Michigan. It was a band playing in from of about 1000 people and they put on 10x the show GN'R does. 

So many other artists release exciting music all the time. I've got new, great music to listen to every week. If GN'R add to that someday, great. If not, there's plenty else to listen to. Likewise with their concerts. If they start putting on good shows again, great. If not, there's tons of other shows for me to see from artists that actually care. 

• Like 1

I still care. GNR is my favorite all time band. Nothing is going to change that. I  will still see them whenever I can. Since I'm starting to become a caregiver to one of my parents, there might be a time where either caring for my parent, job or something else may come up and I cannot make it to a GNR concert if they are in the NJ/NYC area.   With that being said, exactly 1 month from today I'll be totally excited to see GNR at MetLife Stadium.  

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

I do care. Even though I make fun of the band and Axl in particular, I really hope they’ll sound good and the tour will be successful. I‘ll get up early in the morning in Germany and watch videos of the Hershey show (if there are any) and I‘ll be happy if they sound good and sad (but not surprised) if they sound bad 

Edited by SAU3R