Jump to content

Does anyone care?


Recommended Posts

I really haven’t given much thought to going to area show.Being that I’ve seen them 4 times in last 5 years and seen them 5 times in their classic era it’s just kind of reached a saturation point for me.I would love to hear some new music of some sorts then maybe I’d go to another show but even then it probably be a maybe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't give two shits about this band. They're a novelty act now and IF "new" music ever comes out it will be uninspired with a weak vocal performance.  

 

Why should I care about a band that doesn't produce content?  That defeats the whole purpose of a band.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cause whatever they're gonna release will blow everyone's friggin' mind. They are very well aware of the fact that the new thing will get fuckloads of attention and be compared mercillessly with/to the old stuff. Even if it was the only thing to ever be released any more, even if Axl's future performances will suck ass, this record will be just legendary. Too much attention. Too much importance. No, not just yet another rock album, not in this case. And I believe they still got it. Izzy may be MIA, but there's still a huge portion of the essence left.

Go ahead now, shoot. :D

Happy holiday, if you're having one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

:lol::lol: HIlarious to see how everyone here comes on this board every fucking day to loudly profess how much they NOT care about this band. I would leave, if I really wouldn't care (which I did for the most part the last 2 months... and I still somewhat care).

Hilarious to see another complaint from you about all the people on the board too! 

 

  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hilarious to see another complaint from you about all the people on the board too! 

 

Amazingly you still haven't figured out what is a comment and what is a complaint. Now that is hilarious.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Many (most) of us are here for the long time friends we've made. We're here for the community, not the joke that GN'R has turned themselves into. 

And yet you keep sticking to GNR threads talking about the band you months ago famously proclaimed don't care about anymore and wouldn't post about anymore (didn't you even make a thread about it?).

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Amazingly you still haven't figured out what is a comment and what is a complaint. Now that is hilarious.

And yet you keep sticking to GNR threads talking about the band you months ago famously proclaimed don't care about anymore and wouldn't post about anymore (didn't you even make a thread about it?).

Here's a wild idea... don't click on a thread entitled 'does anyone care' then take people to task for expressing their opinion on whether they care? It seems to be quite a trigger for you. You seem mildly obsessed with the idea of asking people why they are on the forum. Perhaps if you don't really want to hear people's views, it might be time to not read them? 

 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Many (most) of us are here for the long time friends we've made. We're here for the community, not the joke that GN'R has turned themselves into. 

....and also (as is definitely the case with myself) a lot of us clearly do care a lot, but really don't care about an endless nostalgia tour. Which is the point most people are making really in the thread, if it was actually read. Still.....best not to let that get in the way of the age old 'why are you here, you have no life, you sad person, you hater' type endless repetition! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve just read 5 pages of this and I get most of the opinions on here. We need new music, it’s gone stale, same set list, no news, no interviews, other bands do more or whatever. All valid points. 
 

I spent $245AU on two diamond seating tickets ($490AU) plus a hotel room for night 1 in Sydney (over $700.00 all up) for me and the mrs.
 

I think like everyone else who resides on this forum, that hasn’t completely given up would say that it’s probably the last hurrah as fans. Over time ive re-adjusted my thinking and expectations of each show. 
I’m at a point where ive come to terms that what I purchased was not 1992 Freddie Mercury tribute Axl, it’s 2021, late 50’s Axl. I don’t hold a single hope for even 1 new song on the tour. I simply hope that the band gets on stage and delivers what a good blend of songs at a level that gives me value for money. I completely get that this is at odds with what most people are saying on here, but I purchased my tickets on the evidence of what’s gone on before and If I sit and listen to the songs and they are delivered at an acceptable level then I got what I paid for!!! 
Am I part of the problem??? I definitely think so now.
I used to hang on this forum every day, wait for news, argue all the points of management, Axl v slash, duff selling out, team Brazil, you name it… 

but as another user stated, the pandemic sucked a bit of giving a shit out of me, and also in the time I e waited my own life has changed, I’ve got two new kids under 6 years old, bills, running around, and like other people I came to realise that the 80s band is long gone, the 90s band is just gone, the 00’s and beyond were largely wasted missed opportunities, and we got a reunion that was also missed opportunity due to bad decision making by management and axl and blah blah blah and the interest  for me on a caring level is gone and what’s left is simple this, 

I paid my money to go see them one last time, enjoy my night and close it out on a bit of fun. 
 

it simply “ is what it is”  at this point. 
 

I still look at they clips from their heyday, and that’s why my mind lives, fuck they were good. Like no other band I’ve seen. 
for me personally the biggest gift they could give me, is not new music, release the halcyon days footage. I could drink to that stuff every Saturday night! 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

:lol::lol: HIlarious to see how everyone here comes on this board every fucking day to loudly profess how much they NOT care about this band. I would leave, if I really wouldn't care (which I did for the most part the last 2 months... and I still somewhat care).

How do you think I fucking feel? I’ll have been on here for 20 years in November. :lol: 

Do I get an honorary admin title for such dedication @downzy ?

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

:lol::lol: HIlarious to see how everyone here comes on this board every fucking day to loudly profess how much they NOT care about this band. I would leave, if I really wouldn't care (which I did for the most part the last 2 months... and I still somewhat care).

I understand a lot of folks being negative here, but to come here almost every day just to repeat how disappointed you are is really something else, isn't it?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the only people posting on here were people who WEREN'T dissatisfied with GNR at the moment, it would be a ghost town.

One or two users who may/may not have many alt-accounts having a pissing contest on who is attending the most concerts is literally all this place would be! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I consider it one of the biggest jokes of the entire... Idk, galaxy? that out of all bands in the whole goddamn world, it's Guns N' Roses who have a famous single called "Patience". This is beyond irony.

Edited by jamillos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, allwaystired said:

If the only people posting on here were people who WEREN'T dissatisfied with GNR at the moment, it would be a ghost town.

One or two users who may/may not have many alt-accounts having a pissing contest on who is attending the most concerts is literally all this place would be! 

And your point is? That we should thank the ghosts for haunting the forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SoulMonster said:

And your point is? That we should thank the ghosts for haunting the forum?

That thank fuck it's still a place where people actually go to and discuss stuff! 

(It also probably functions as a therapy-board for those trying to come to terms with the fact that their favourite band hate their fans!) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If the only people posting on here were people who WEREN'T dissatisfied with GNR at the moment, it would be a ghost town.

One or two users who may/may not have many alt-accounts having a pissing contest on who is attending the most concerts is literally all this place would be! 

In additon to this, here's another point that our "positive" friends seems to always miss:

We would all LOVE to be discussing positive things about GN'R. Personally, I'd love it if they ever did anything to be excited about. 

They don't though and that's not the fault of their fans or anyone on this forum. What are we supposed to do, just make up things to be positive about? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RussTCB said:

In additon to this, here's another point that our "positive" friends seems to always miss:

We would all LOVE to be discussing positive things about GN'R. Personally, I'd love it if they ever did anything to be excited about. 

They don't though and that's not the fault of their fans or anyone on this forum. What are we supposed to do, just make up things to be positive about? 

I think we're all just expected to disappear to be honest and stop being fans, so that those who spend vast amounts of money reassuring themselves they are "THE BIGGEST FANS" can improve their online credibility and pat themselves on the back! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I think we're all just expected to disappear to be honest and stop being fans, so that those who spend vast amounts of money reassuring themselves they are "THE BIGGEST FANS" can improve their online credibility and pat themselves on the back! 

I know for a fact that GN'Rs management would be very happy if that were the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Just now, RussTCB said:

I know for a fact that GN'Rs management would be very happy if that were the case. 

The weirdest bit though is that GNR can have my money any day of the week - I would love to be able to go and buy CDs, DVDs, vinyl, etc! As I type this I'm looking at a fucking Axl Rose Funko Pop I even bought at a desperate moment! 

I'm sure it's the case with 99 per cent of the people who post here that we would actually love the opportunity to spend money on music! 

As I type this I'm even looking at a fucking Axl Rose Funko Pop I bought at a desperate moment! I wouldn't advocate that sort of fiscal recklessness! 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I know for a fact that GN'Rs management would be very happy if that were the case. 

 

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The weirdest bit though is that GNR can have my money any day of the week - I would love to be able to go and buy CDs, DVDs, vinyl, etc! As I type this I'm looking at a fucking Axl Rose Funko Pop I even bought at a desperate moment! 

I'm sure it's the case with 99 per cent of the people who post here that we would actually love the opportunity to spend money on music! 

As I type this I'm even looking at a fucking Axl Rose Funko Pop I bought at a desperate moment! I wouldn't advocate that sort of fiscal recklessness! 

And this is the frustration. I genuinely cannot think of any artist who actively shies away from releasing stuff we KNOW is in the can….gigs recorded at numerous shows for numerous tours since their inception being the big thing.

There is literally NO reason for nor putting that stuff out - it’s all been recorded FFS so the hard bit is done and could be mixed easily (particularly during Covid times). I’ll never get my head around the thought process. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The weirdest bit though is that GNR can have my money any day of the week - I would love to be able to go and buy CDs, DVDs, vinyl, etc! As I type this I'm looking at a fucking Axl Rose Funko Pop I even bought at a desperate moment! 

I'm sure it's the case with 99 per cent of the people who post here that we would actually love the opportunity to spend money on music! 

As I type this I'm even looking at a fucking Axl Rose Funko Pop I bought at a desperate moment! I wouldn't advocate that sort of fiscal recklessness! 

Yep. It's no secret that I spend a ton of time, energy and money on music. I'd be more than happy to give all of that to GNR but I can't if they won't provide me with anything to spend those resources on. 

Edited by RussTCB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...