Does anyone care?

As soon as they announce an album I'm sure I'll be a GNR cheerleader again, but until then I'm not very excited. Haven't bought a ticket either. At this point, my feeling is that I saw this show already (twice in '16) and paid a shit load of money to do so. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I understand a lot of folks being negative here, but to come here almost every day just to repeat how disappointed you are is really something else, isn't it?

Yeah. A form of madness or obsesssion, repeating the same shit over and over and over and over, just finding a different variety of words they can use to say the same old shit or, despite them stomping their feet, loudly proclaiming how they do not care, they actually DO care, which makes that whole professing how they DON’T care even more hilarious. As for the question of the thread, which is why I read it, to see who cares: Yes, I do care. Am I excited? No. But I do look forward to those shows and kinda wish that I wouldn’t have to wait for another year for mine. It will be a 4 year break by then.

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. A form of madness or obsesssion, repeating the same shit over and over and over and over, just finding a different variety of words they can use to say the same old shit or, despite them stomping their feet, loudly proclaiming how they do not care, they actually DO care, which makes that whole professing how they DON’T care even more hilarious. As for the question of the thread, which is why I read it, to see who cares: Yes, I do care. Am I excited? No. But I do look forward to those shows and kinda wish that I wouldn’t have to wait for another year for mine. It will be a 4 year break by then.

Here we go again with the "you must have mental issues or an unhappy life if you don't praise everything GN'R does" line of thinking. 

Maybe take a look at what was actually said in the thread before throwing our your ridiculous and baseless attempts at insults again. 

Your revelation of "they DO care" is not any sort of amazing discovery. Had you read what people are actually saying, you would have seen that a lot of us have already said that we DO care about the fact that GN'R could be great, but chooses not to. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here we go again with the "you must have mental issues or an unhappy life if you don't praise everything GN'R does" line of thinking. 

Maybe take a look at what was actually said in the thread before throwing our your ridiculous and baseless attempts at insults again. 

Your revelation of "they DO care" is not any sort of amazing discovery. Had you read what people are actually saying, you would have seen that a lot of us have already said that we DO care about the fact that GN'R could be great, but chooses not to. 

Exactly. We love GNR. Most of us even love Chinese Democracy era, with all it's plodding madness and false starts. If Guns, against all odds, dropped an album in, say, November 99.9% of us would be popping our collective corks.  I HOPE that happens.  It likely won't, and that's fine. There's still pizza. And all the other cool GNR music that made us fans.  But why should we pretend everything's rosy when it's clearly just not?

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Exactly. We love GNR. Most of us even love Chinese Democracy era, with all it's plodding madness and false starts. If Guns, against all odds, dropped an album in, say, November 99.9% of us would be popping our collective corks.  I HOPE that happens.  It likely won't, and that's fine. There's still pizza. And all the other cool GNR music that made us fans.  But why should we pretend everything's rosy when it's clearly just not?

1000% We've got a few people that choose to not understand that though. Anyone who says something negative about the ridiculous and poor state of GN'R affairs must have mental issues or an unhappy life. What? That logic doesn't make any sense today and never has. 

If/when GN'R does something praise worthy, we all jump on it. Until they do something great, we're not going to all sit around and act as if they have. 

It's just funny to me that you never see the "negative" fans attempting to insult the "positive" fans. For whatever reason, it's always the self proclaimed "positive" people that feel the need to make mental illness / unhappy lives claims about the so called "negative" fans. Funny how that works. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

1000% We've got a few people that choose to not understand that though. Anyone who says something negative about the ridiculous and poor state of GN'R affairs must have mental issues or an unhappy life. What? That logic doesn't make any sense today and never has. 

If/when GN'R does something praise worthy, we all jump on it. Until they do something great, we're not going to all sit around and act as if they have. 

It's just funny to me that you never see the "negative" fans attempting to insult the "positive" fans. For whatever reason, it's always the self proclaimed "positive" people that feel the need to make mental illness / unhappy lives claims about the so called "negative" fans. Funny how that works. 

What's funny is that most our friends and family would consider us to be the "Last Of The Mohicans" of loyal GNR fans.  You don't need to be a Jarmo-like "true believer" to have the right to continue to hang in forums you've been a member for YEARS and YEARS.  I don't care how pointed that criticism is, it's fucking creepy to pretend you're a happy contented fan in July, 2021.  I've never subscribed to that logic, nor should anyone who enjoys...you know...thinking. :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Where did I say you have to praise everything they do? Show me. It's just the countless repetitions. The going over the same shit over and over and over again. You told me once to chill out. Why don't you do the same, instead of saying the same shit over and over and over again. That is the form of madness. Do I think things could be better? Yeah. For sure. But what's the point of constantly dwelling on it and stinking up every thread with what I think is wrong?? It's not gonna change a thing. And of course now the all tired guy will come and tell me I'm doing the same. Though right now I'm just responding to what is said, by the people who feel mightily offended by my comment/observation.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

I’ll always care to some degree but the degree to which I care has gotten lower as the years have gone on, and in particular since 2016 when I assumed(maybe that was a mistake) that now that slash and duff were back in the band, that it would reignite a creative fire in axl rose. 

I don’t know maybe I put too much hope in the return of slash and duff, and while seeing them in slane in 2017 onstage was an amazing day and I’ll never forget it, and even though I’ve a ticket for next year in Dublin, I’m finding it hard to give a shit about it, partly because it’s been delayed twice, and because I don’t see how it will be any good and the concerts this summer in the US, I’ll be watching closely to see what the band and more specifically Axl is like both appearance and performance wise. If Axl sounds worse than he did in early 2020, then I can’t see how nearly a year and half off the road, and adding nearly a year on isn’t going to help Axl. 

I know I’m repeating myself and I’m sorry if my posts come across as overly negative, but to be perfectly honest, can you blame me and others for not being happy and enthusiastic about this band when to varying degrees, we have invested a lot of time and money into this band and while I don’t think this band owes me or anyone else anything specific in terms of new music or whatever else, I do think that we as fans are owed a degree of respect which is severely lacking IMO. 

Again, I’m sorry if this is overly negative but there’s only so times as a fan of guns n Roses you can be treated like a wind sock before you say to hell with it. I mean I still listen to the albums and interviews but even that gets repetitive after a while.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Where did I say you have to praise everything they do? Show me. It's just the countless repetitions. The going over the same shit over and over and over again. You told me once to chill out. Why don't you do the same, instead of saying the same shit over and over and over again. That is the form of madness.

Speaking of countless repetition.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Where did I say you have to praise everything they do? Show me. It's just the countless repetitions. The going over the same shit over and over and over again. You told me once to chill out. Why don't you do the same, instead of saying the same shit over and over and over again. That is the form of madness.

LOL. It's a discussion forum. It's not the fault of the users that GN'R doesn't give their fans anything to discuss other than the same old same old. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Speaking of countless repetition.......

Pot, kettle, etc 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hate to step in here because I don't necessarily agree with the original point, but you are disingenuously misrepresenting the argument. It isn't "you must have mental issues or an unhappy life if you don't praise everything GN'R does". As far as I understand it, it is more along the line of, "you must have mental issues or an unhappy life if you can't help yourself from constantly saying the same negative things over and over and over and over and over again". And I don't agree with that, either, but at least that's the argument that is presented and that you have to argue against, if you are so inclined. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

I’ll always care to some degree but the degree to which I care has gotten lower as the years have gone on, and in particular since 2016 when I assumed(maybe that was a mistake) that now that slash and duff were back in the band, that it would reignite a creative fire in axl rose. 

I don’t know maybe I put too much hope in the return of slash and duff, and while seeing them in slane in 2017 onstage was an amazing day and I’ll never forget it, and even though I’ve a ticket for next year in Dublin, I’m finding it hard to give a shit about it, partly because it’s been delayed twice, and because I don’t see how it will be any good and the concerts this summer in the US, I’ll be watching closely to see what the band and more specifically Axl is like both appearance and performance wise. If Axl sounds worse than he did in early 2020, then I can’t see how nearly a year and half off the road, and adding nearly a year on isn’t going to help Axl. 

I know I’m repeating myself and I’m sorry if my posts come across as overly negative, but to be perfectly honest, can you blame me and others for not being happy and enthusiastic about this band when to varying degrees, we have invested a lot of time and money into this band and while I don’t think this band owes me or anyone else anything specific in terms of new music or whatever else, I do think that we as fans are owed a degree of respect which is severely lacking IMO. 

Again, I’m sorry if this is overly negative but there’s only so times as a fan of guns n Roses you can be treated like a wind sock before you say to hell with it. I mean I still listen to the albums and interviews but even that gets repetitive after a while.

There's absolutely no need to apologize for having a negative attitude. It's not your fault that GN'R has given their fans nothing to be positive about. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Hate to step in here because I don't necessarily agree with the original point, but you are disingenuously misrepresenting the argument. It isn't "you must have mental issues or an unhappy life if you don't praise everything GN'R does". As far as I understand it, it is more along the line of, "you must have mental issues or an unhappy life if you can't help yourself from constantly saying the same negative things over and over and over and over and over again". And I don't agree with that, either, but at least that's the argument that is presented and that you have to argue against, if you are so inclined. 

Haha, I never ceases to amaze me when you feel the need to step in to a discussion because you need to explain the situation to everyone. 

There's such a thing as subtext and the subtext of the "you have mental illness or an unhappy life" insults is very clear. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

To your first point, I don't think anyone is blaming anyone for not "being happy or enthusiastic". In fact, the vast majority of humans on this planet is not particularly enthusiastic about GN'R. It is kind of the default state of being. Can't blame people for having different tastes and preferences. It makes the world go round.

To your second point: yeah, I think you are on to something. It is the fact that people are emotionally invested in the band that makes them so disappointed when the band doesn't do what they want. But I disagree that you are owed anything for your own fandom and I think you have kind of set yourself of for this yourself by investing emotions in a rock band.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL. It's a discussion forum. It's not the fault of the users that GN'R doesn't give their fans anything to discuss other than the same old same old. 

Pot, kettle, etc 

To catch up with you lot I can still say what I want to say a hundred more times. ;)

• Haha 1

I'm weirdly optimistic that something new will happen this tour. Reason being...

1. The promo of all new show

2. Playing stadiums again in the US 

3. They've started rehearsing a few months earlier 

4. We know Hardschool has been rehearsed, along with songs like Pretty tied up, think about you, which haven't been played since 92 and 06 

5. They've had a year + break which they probably needed (especially Axl) who knows what they've done during that time, we know that at one point Slash went to Axls house to work on stuff 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Haha, I never ceases to amaze me when you feel the need to step in to a discussion because you need to explain the situation to everyone. 

There's such a thing as subtext and the subtext of the "you have mental illness or an unhappy life" insults is very clear. 

I don't think you are mentally ill or have a particularly sad life -- I don't know you -- and I have never said or insinuated that, either. 

But I do find it perplexing that you and others feel a need to constantly say the same negative things over and over again. Have you never questioned this behavior yourself? Never recognized the skipping of the record?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I don't think you are mentally ill or have a particularly sad life -- I don't know you -- and I have never said or insinuated that, either. 

But I do find it perplexing that you and others feel a need to constantly say the same negative things over and over again. Have you never questioned this behavior yourself? Never recognized the skipping of the record?

I didn't say you made the mental illness/unhappy life claims, so I'm not sure what that has to do with this. 

As far as repeating the same things over again, I'll have to make this point once more since you and several others have either missed it or refuse to acknowledge it: it's not the fans fault that GN'R chooses to never give their fans anything positive to discuss. So again, the fault actually lies with GN'R, not their fans who want to support them. 

On 7/4/2021 at 2:12 PM, Tom-Ass said:

The tour starts in less than a month.. Does anyone even care? Did any tickets sell?  I haven't even been looking. I feel like this is the least anticipated Guns tour ever.  I have tickets for the second show and could care less. I have been holding onto them for two years and it is on a Tuesday night.  The band isn't doing anything to stir up any excitement. They are all 5 years older.. I expect Axl to look and sound like shit and use the show as a rehearsal.  Ridiculous hats and elf boots included. They will still have the same half assed lineup complete with a terrible drummer and a blue haired anime bobblehead.  

I could care less if this lineup ever released a song. No interest in anything that includes Fortus, Frank or the Bobblehead. Axl sounded like crap on CD never mind now and I have no interest in any music that sounds anything like CD.

For me the highlight of the "reunion" were the live shows. They have been a blast . I could watch Slash play those classics all day long but I couldn't be more indifferent about this show coming up. You would think it would be the total opposite since Covid stifled live shows for so long. 

Is anyone jacked up about the tour?

Yes, I care very much. That’s why I’m reading stuff on a GNR fan forum 😂 I’m excited to see if they do anything different during the first show. Excited to see whether Axl pulls out his AC/DC rasp. Excited for potential illusions deep cuts or new songs. I’m hoping the silence hasn’t been for nothing and they’re up to something. I’m an optimist. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, NONE of my posts are my in a hostile way. It's just an engaging debate is all. 

Oh I know mate - just interjecting with a bit of humour.  I’d rather we would have something tangible to debate like a new release or something utterly crazy like that. 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. A form of madness or obsesssion, repeating the same shit over and over and over and over, just finding a different variety of words they can use to say the same old shit or, despite them stomping their feet, loudly proclaiming how they do not care, they actually DO care, which makes that whole professing how they DON’T care even more hilarious. 

Exactly. I've said this before and some posters got really offended, which probably says a lot too. It's the constant repetitiveness that is what is so hard to understand. There are a few posters here who I've seen make the same complaint probably dozens of times. It's in a way fascinating where this constant need for repeating yourself comes from. Just express your disappointment once or twice and then move on already! But anyway, my advice, I've put several of them on ignore and that does make this section somewhat more fun to read.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

it's not the fans fault that GN'R chooses to never give their fans anything positive to discuss. 

You are missing the point. No one is criticizing you for not discussing anything positive. You are being criticized for making the same negative comments again and again and again. It is this incessant need to continuously make the same negative point that is annoying, not the fact that you are disappointed. Most of us are disappointed with the state of GN'R, me included, we are just handling it better than you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1