Does anyone care?

I care.

Probably too much!

Why else would I keep coming here. It's pretty much the only forum I use.

Music is an incredible medium, and GnR are among the best at their specific niche of music, which happens to be a personal fave of mine.

I'm beyond bored of the lack of any professionalism or activity, but I'm at the point now where it is what it is. I listen to other new music, enjoy the discussion and debate on here (and wider forum pages - politics, movies, vinyl), and keep in touch "just in case" CD2 news leaks out!

• Like 3

I care about:

1.Soul Monster

2.Oklahoma/Berlin

3.The General

Whether these materialize as reworked songs on a new album or future leaks, they are literally the only things I "care" about from this band. Zero interest in new songs from Axl/Slash, as I've found Slash dull and uninspired since his self titled disc and I could care less what modern day washed up corporate jukebox Axl Rose has to offer in the way of lyrics.

• Like 3

I'm curious to see how Axl looks and sounds and if they add anything to the setlist be it new songs or rare/never played stuff. Once the first handful of shows go by I'll probably tune out unless I see a thread here that points out anything different. I'm OOTL on this tour, do they have any opening acts?

1 minute ago, mystery said:

I'm curious to see how Axl looks and sounds and if they add anything to the setlist be it new songs or rare/never played stuff. Once the first handful of shows go by I'll probably tune out unless I see a thread here that points out anything different. I'm OOTL on this tour, do they have any opening acts?

Wolfgang Van Halens band which is apparently a band with a big buzz just now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

The Jets have a new exciting Head Coach and a promising QB. So I'd say they have way more more to be excited about

Fine. 

The Baltimore Oriels. Nothing to be excited there. 

53 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Wolfgang Van Halens band which is apparently a band with a big buzz just now.

Now that you mention it, I remember this. I saw a poster the other day. Did they take the name Mammoth from Van Halen's early days?

On 7/6/2021 at 4:05 PM, StayofExecution2020 said:

The Jets have a new exciting Head Coach and a promising QB. So I'd say they have way more more to be excited about

Hahaha. Jets will ALWAYS be the little brother to the Giants. :)  Kidding. I hope they do well this season. I'm looking forward to going to the Giants home opener on September 12th.  I'm sitting in the same area that I got for the GNR concert. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Hahaha. Jets will ALWAYS be the little brother to the Giants. :)  Kidding. I hope they do well this season. I'm looking forward to going to the Giants home opener on September 12th.  I'm sitting in the same area that I got for the GNR concert. 

I don't pay much attention to sports, but I can say this for sure: the GN'R concert in 2016 is easily the most winning to ever occur in Ford Field haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/6/2021 at 1:05 PM, StayofExecution2020 said:

Yeah, Saleh was beloved by Niner fans and his players. The Jets finally made a good hire!

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I don't pay much attention to sports, but I can say this for sure: the GN'R concert in 2016 is easily the most winning to ever occur in Ford Field haha

My dad and I enjoyed that show. But not as much as the 2011 (Chicago) and 2012 (Detroit) show.

Just now, Sweersa said:

My dad and I enjoyed that show. But not as much as the 2011 (Chicago) and 2012 (Detroit) show.

I had a great time at that Chicago show but yeah, the 2012 GN'R show might be the best overall GN'R show I've ever seen. If it's not Detroit 2012, then it's probably the first Hammerstein show. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I had a great time at that Chicago show but yeah, the 2012 GN'R show might be the best overall GN'R show I've ever seen. If it's not Detroit 2012, then it's probably the first Hammerstein show. 

The 2011 show was our first time seeing them live. So it was special for that reason too. Hearing Civil War in 2012 was awesome. I also loved Shackler's Revenge live.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 3:54 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I care about:

1.Soul Monster

2.Oklahoma/Berlin

3.The General

Whether these materialize as reworked songs on a new album or future leaks, they are literally the only things I "care" about from this band. Zero interest in new songs from Axl/Slash, as I've found Slash dull and uninspired since his self titled disc and I could care less what modern day washed up corporate jukebox Axl Rose has to offer in the way of lyrics.

This

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

My first GnR show & first concert ever was Philly 2012 and I'd easily put that over all the other Guns shows I've see 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I'm going to four shows, but apparently not many people care like I do...there are tons of tickets available to these shows. They're going to have to start discounting fairly soon.

If there's lots of spare tickets will they upgrade yours? That would be a nice little bonus 

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I'm going to four shows, but apparently not many people care like I do...there are tons of tickets available to these shows. They're going to have to start discounting fairly soon.

They should have discounted them from the beginning. They charge way too much for tickets.. They may have gotten away with the initial buzz of the "reunion" but that ship has sailed. I have actually heard a lot of people interested in this show but the between it being a Tues night and offensive tickets prices the show will be a ghostown.. 

My tickets actually came in the mail today.. Usually an exciting moment but mehhhh.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

If there's lots of spare tickets will they upgrade yours? That would be a nice little bonus 

I actually didn't buy tix yet because of how slow they're selling. I got my money back last year for my Wrigley pit tix, and am just going to wait to see if they drop prices. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

They should have discounted them from the beginning. They charge way too much for tickets.. They may have gotten away with the initial buzz of the "reunion" but that ship has sailed. I have actually heard a lot of people interested in this show but the between it being a Tues night and offensive tickets prices the show will be a ghostown.. 

My tickets actually came in the mail today.. Usually an exciting moment but mehhhh.

Agreed, just looking at the maps on Ticketmaster, it looks like an absolute disaster. Ticket prices are way too high, there's no hope for new music, little to no promotion, most people expect the same show that they've done the last 5+ years, and there's still a lot of people out there who hate Axl. It was silly to book stadiums again. Even the arena shows are struggling. No matter where someone lives in this country, they could've seen them somewhere without traveling too far on one of the numerous legs on the last tour. Something new has to be thrown out there to get the casual fan to buy a ticket again. It's lunacy to continue to use TB as their management. I saw 19 shows last tour, and even on nights where Axl struggled a bit, the shows were good. I expect these to be good as well, but they've completely mishandled it. If there was any time they needed new music, it's now. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I had pit tickets for Fenway and got a refund when covid hit. I have not bothered to get tickets again and probably won’t - I’ve said it before though….real easy……lose the effects, pyro, etc….play songs in random order and just have screens show the band members playing….would go a long way with fans

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

I care and they're not even coming here (Finland) 😂 I have way too many real life stuff to worry about than a setlist or who's 'fat' or wearing what. It's my favorite band playing, I will go if I can and have a good time seeing them, possibly for the last time ever. 

Edited by VampireSoul
  • Like 4

Yup! Time is running out for our guys,, there always is the risk of them not being around for much longer. So get what you can get - which is mainly 2-3 good songs from Axl vocally each show and a very few setlist surprises here and there . Add the enjoyment of a live show and its surroundings and you can have a great night. But if they wont be able to offer more surprises (god forbid (good!) new songs!) and go on with the same/similar NITL shows they're doing since 4/2016....there isnt much motivation for die hards to see more shows. Good move for us is to watch and check the upcoming US tour on youtube and fan recordings closely and decide if this is worth the time, money and nerves to do multiple shows at all.

• Like 1