Bruno Mars

gt72

My girlfriend is a huge fan so I got us tickets to see him this past weekend in Vegas.I knew just about every song he played (my girls always blasting his tunes)while he’s not my usual jam, I must admit I had a great time and dare I say was kind of blown away at what a great performer he is .And the place was absolutely rocking.Any fans on here ?

Posted (edited)

Sorry but I find him so bland as to be offensive.

Uptown Funk is the only good song I've heard from him and that was really a Mark Ronson track and completely aped The Time's whole sound and gimmick.

Shit like Grenade, Just The Way You Are and that God-awful dirge where's he's singing all cutesy with the men in monkey masks in the video makes me want to one-up Van Gogh and hack both my ears off.

Edited by Towelie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Uptown Funk is the only good song I've heard from him and that was really a Mark Ronson track and completely aped The Time's whole sound and gimmick.

Shit like Grenade, Just The Way You Are and that God-awful dirge where's he's singing all cutesy with the men in monkey masks in the video makes me want to one-up Van Gogh and hack both my ears off.

OK, but what are your REAL thoughts on Bruno Mars? Lol

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2021 at 10:19 PM, NicDwolfwood said:

I'm not too into his music, but he's a good musician and I did really enjoy his track(Leave the door open) with Anderson .Paak. If they manage to put out that Silk Sonic album I'll definitely check it out. 

The album is "hosted" by Bootsy Collins... I don't know if that means he just does some intros and interludes but I'm curious to hear it.

Their tribute to Little Richard was pretty good, too:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The album is "hosted" by Bootsy Collins... I don't know if that means he just does some intros and interludes but I'm curious to hear it.

Their tribute to Little Richard was pretty good, too:

Yeah, I've been curious on how much involvement Bootsy will have on the upcoming album as well. It would be a crime not to have a track with Bootsy laying down some bass. 

Yeah, that was a nice performance. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, Towelie said:

I mean, the 3 songs you named are all on his debut album which even he isn't a fan of and tends to ignore. He also hates "The Lazy Song" just as much as you seem to lol.