Chinese Democracy 7" Record

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

....that's nothing compared to the full shafting we've had SINCE Chinese Democracy! 

GN'R fans in 2008: "Wow, Chinese Democracy was finally released, we made it! We'll never experience anything like that ever again!" 

W. Axl Rose ever since: "Hold and continue to hold my beer" 

• Haha 1

When I bought the Motley CD they had a mail in insert that you could send in for like $10 (I can't remember it's been 27 years) and get a cd EP Quarternary. I never knew there was a vinyl of the album let alone a single. I wasn't collecting vinyl at 14 when I bought the cd. I did two years later though buy a pearl jam no code vinyl since it was cheap even though I still didn't have a record player. I found it still sealed last year and apparently it's worth a couple hundred bucks. I know there's a reissue coming out but some people want the original pressing. I'd buy that motley album but I'd guess it's expensive so CD it is. Mine is signed by Corabi. So now it's worth $10 instead of $5.

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

When I bought the Motley CD they had a mail in insert that you could send in for like $10 (I can't remember it's been 27 years) and get a cd EP Quarternary. I never knew there was a vinyl of the album let alone a single. I wasn't collecting vinyl at 14 when I bought the cd. I did two years later though buy a pearl jam no code vinyl since it was cheap even though I still didn't have a record player. I found it still sealed last year and apparently it's worth a couple hundred bucks. I know there's a reissue coming out but some people want the original pressing. I'd buy that motley album but I'd guess it's expensive so CD it is. Mine is signed by Corabi. So now it's worth $10 instead of $5.

I'm not sure I follow that middle part. Are you referring to Pearl Jam - No Code when you say there's a reissue coming? 

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not sure I follow that middle part. Are you referring to Pearl Jam - No Code when you say there's a reissue coming? 

https://shop.pearljam.com/products/no-code-vinyl-reissue

I guess he means that. Sold out presale though.

Edit: sorry the above is from 2016, try this:

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-no-code-25th-anniversary-reissue/

Edited by ToonGuns

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. They had a ten club version which I think was clear vinyl that quickly sold out and then the regular version should be everywhere upon release later this year. 

7 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

https://shop.pearljam.com/products/no-code-vinyl-reissue

I guess he means that. Sold out presale though.

Edit: sorry the above is from 2016, try this:

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-no-code-25th-anniversary-reissue/

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Yep. They had a ten club version which I think was clear vinyl that quickly sold out and then the regular version should be everywhere upon release later this year. 

Ah, OK. I thought you meant the Crue 94 album at first. I was like "I would have heard about that!" haha. The original pressing I have sounds awesome, but I hope it does get repressed someday. 

As far as No Code goes, I have an original pressing and the 2016 reissue that @ToonGunsreferenced above. They sound 100% identical to me, so I'm assuming the forthcoming repress will sound the same.