Masters of the Universe: Revelation

20 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Me too. One of the first movies I saw in the cinema and I loved it.

It's been on a cable channel every day this month. I think it was a cool version of the cartoon. Stuck to the cartoon with all the cool characters. Being on earth was cool too. That cop was so confused but then stayed on their planet. lol

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

It's been on a cable channel every day this month. I think it was a cool version of the cartoon. Stuck to the cartoon with all the cool characters. Being on earth was cool too. That cop was so confused but then stayed on their planet. lol

It was only on Earth because the production company went bust and couldn’t afford to do Eternia. :lol: 

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Who can blame him? He got nice company. ;)

59 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It was only on Earth because the production company went bust and couldn’t afford to do Eternia. :lol: 

Yeah. And they did the best they could with what they had.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Who can blame him? He got nice company. ;)

Yeah. And they did the best they could with what they had.

Oh I loved it and still do. I loved most Cannon films though to be fair. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't know much about the franchise but I enjoyed seeing magic monsters, robots, mark Hamill, swords, and lasers duking it out in the first episode

See you're a lot younger than me. I remember recording the audio from the original series with a tape recorder and mic and listening back to it on my Walkman because we couldn't afford a VCR at the time. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't know much about the franchise but I enjoyed seeing magic monsters, robots, mark Hamill, swords, and lasers duking it out in the first episode

Also it seems to be proper triggering the 40 something manbabies cuz it's a lot more female-centric than they were expecting. :lol:  

I mean seriously, read this. :lol: 

https://cosmicbook.news/kevin-smith-he-man-rotten-tomatoes

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

Oh, well. I have to wonder, why only 5 episodes? Why not wait until they have enough to tell a decent story? And why have He-Man barely in it, but and I guess that is a spoiler, have him die twice. It's hard to rate it, not knowing how it's going to continue. Visually, apart from the butch lesbo vibe, it looks great.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Oh, well. I have to wonder, why only 5 episodes? Why not wait until they have enough to tell a decent story? And why have He-Man barely in it, but and I guess that is a spoiler, have him die twice. It's hard to rate it, not knowing how it's going to continue. Visually, apart from the butch lesbo vibe, it looks great.

It's bad I've completely lost interest.

30 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's bad I've completely lost interest.

As with the first Star Wars of the last trilogy, I think it only can be judged once everything is said and done. Of course we all know how that latest Star Wars turned out.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Pussy! :lol: 

*forlorn sigh* hi Dazey's wife. :lol:

38 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

As with the first Star Wars of the last trilogy, I think it only can be judged once everything is said and done. Of course we all know how that latest Star Wars turned out.

Yeah there's the rest of the episodes still to come but from what they've shown I now have little to no interest. Even if they turn things around which I doubt will happen...wow, what a terrible start. And yeah the new Star Wars is dogshit.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I really wanted to like it but (no spoilers) I bounced after the ridiculousness that occurred in the very first episode. 

Make well crafted female etc characters with good writing? Naw, let's just lazily highjack and butcher already established beloved IPs and drown them with shoehorned tokenism. Amazing. I'm really over it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...