Team Brazil being fucking idiots

19 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

All these comments under instagram/twitter like "I LOVE YOU AXEL", "ooh por dios santo! so excited!!!", COME TO MEXICO, BRAZIL, etc" 

proves us wrong unfortunately. The demand for the shit show is still high imo.

Heh. You know what? I don't think the overexcited fans on social media is more representative of the main market than the jaded fans here on mygnrforum.com. Gauging any of these as a means to plan touring schedules could likely be wrong. But yes, people are probably more receptive to this show outside of the US. We will see. 

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

But they could do this for how long, one year? SA, Australia, the rest. They can't solely live off their South America fame. 

I live in Australia and the ticket sales are incredibly poor for gnr. I would not be surprised if its cancelled due to sales and continued covid state lockdowns.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

All these comments under instagram/twitter like "I LOVE YOU AXEL", "ooh por dios santo! so excited!!!", COME TO MEXICO, BRAZIL, etc" 

proves us wrong unfortunately. The demand for the shit show is still high imo.

I'd pay them very little attention. There's a massive gulf between empty platitudes on social media (and goodness knows how many of them are bots these days!) and actually giving a shit, or putting your hands in your pocket and making an effort to turn up to shows. 

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

I live in Australia and the ticket sales are incredibly poor for gnr. I would not be surprised if its cancelled due to sales and continued covid state lockdowns.

Oh really? I knew the USA sales were really poor, but surprised Australia is too.....they haven't flogged it to death there have they? 

6 hours ago, Route66 said:

I agree. It's not a strategy, GNR are different from other bands and the mystery is what keeps people like us looking up forums etc. It's just who Axl is. It's the same magnetic personality that he was back then. Nothing has changed imo except that the guys came back to GNR and agree with his way forward.

I assume you're referring to a different band than GN'R when you say "selling out stadiums". 

The current GN'R tour had shows canceled, some venues downgraded, heavily discounted tickets and still isn't coming anywhere near selling out. 

• Like 1

I remember when they first announced this tour (pre-Covid), there were people on their social media who didn't know Slash was back and were seriously asking if it was just Axl with those other guys again :lol: I suppose there aren't many people like that, but they exist.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

But they could do this for how long, one year? SA, Australia, the rest. They can't solely live off their South America fame. 

If the money is there (and it is) of course they can. Many bands who couldn’t sell 5 tickets in the States have made a living for decades touring SA and other overseas places playing the same songs to sold out arenas/stadiums. 

Sad but true. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I remember when they first announced this tour (pre-Covid), there were people on their social media who didn't know Slash was back and were seriously asking if it was just Axl with those other guys again :lol: I suppose there aren't many people like that, but they exist.

there are more than you think considering the band does basically no promotion.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vloors said:

TB are only doing what their boss Axl wants them to do. He could fire them whenever he wanted to. 

No he couldn't.

I don't believe uncle Ax has (or had) any opinion on so many matters.

I obviously don't know the reason. 

11 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

there are more than you think considering the band does basically no promotion.  

But, "THEY 'RE FCKN' BACK" /s

I don't think you guys realize how special is to have a major band like GNR playing in countries like Brazil. We don't have nation-wide tours with several dates and places nearby to chose from. Even the possibility to be able to communicate somehow with the band through social media to express this desire to watch the show is something with a deeper meaning than you may think. 

Of course it's easy to make a laughing stock at the overly excited fans and bad English writing, but thats a fucking pathetic way to generalize people over here. It's no different when US is pigeonholed as a redneck country. 

But even in Brazil and such, the overly priced shows can't survive forever. I take the 2013/14 tour here, when they did expand to more cities here. Those were not sold out gigs.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, he can't. Not since Beta emotionally blackmailed him in front of the entire world. 

Of course he could. But he doesn't want to. They are his family. And why would he? Because some, to him, inconsequential people on some message board don't like what they are doing?? I'd say it's time to get your head out of your asses and just deal with it.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Of course he could. But he doesn't want to. They are his family. And why would he? Because some, to him, inconsequential people on some message board don't like what they are doing?? I'd say it's time to get your head out of yor asses and just deal with it.

If he was remotely concerned with being a successful artist, he'd consider getting rid of TB and hiring real management. He can't though, because Beta emotionally blackmailed him in front of the whole world. 

"A true friend is not on your payroll" 

-Prince 

Side note, here's a list of some people who view Axl/GN'R as an unsuccessful artist:

-inconsequential people on some message board (also known as the only people who actually still care if Axl is successful)

-the rock music press

-music press in general

-casual fans (as evidenced by the dismal ticket sales, show cancelations and downsizing of venues) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If he was remotely concerned with being a successful artist, he'd consider getting rid of TB and hiring real management. He can't though, because Beta emotionally blackmailed him in front of the whole world. 

"A true friend is not on your payroll" 

-Prince 

Side note, here's a list of some people who view Axl/GN'R as an unsuccessful artist:

-inconsequential people on some message board (also known as the only people who actually still care if Axl is successful)

-the rock music press

-music press in general

-casual fans (as evidenced by the dismal ticket sales, show cancelations and downsizing of venues) 

And yet most likely he made 50 - 100 mio dollars on this tour. So plenty successful and all the things you list is just noise and thus there is no reason for him to be concerned about anything. And if he were upset with how things are going, he could and would get rid of them. But alas, for him it works and thus nothing will change.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, he can't. Not since Beta emotionally blackmailed him in front of the entire world. 

Well, it doesn't seem like Beta enjoyed more job security than other managers, with rumours of her being sacked at times. As far as I know, she is not formally a manager anymore anyway and Axl himself asked Fernando to become a manager after he had done various other jobs for the band previously, or so they say. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, it doesn't seem like Beta enjoyed more job security than other managers, with rumours of her being sacked at times. As far as I know, she is not formally a manager anymore anyway and Axl himself asked Fernando to become a manager after he had done various other jobs for the band previously, or so they say. 

Right, but the situation remains the same: "keep my family on the payroll, or we'll abandon you" 

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And yet most likely he made 50 - 100 mio dollars on this tour. So plenty successful and all the things you list is just noise and thus there is no reason for him to be concerned about anything. And if he were upset with how things are going, he could and would get rid of them. But alas, for him it works and thus nothing will change.

If cashing in on nostalgia, then having continual and steady decline of interest from your die hard fans, casual fans and the music world is your idea of success, then yes, he's been very successful. 

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right, but the situation remains the same: "keep my family on the payroll, or we'll abandon you" 

If cashing in on nostalgia, then having continual and steady decline of interest from your die hard fans, casual fans and the music world is your idea of success, then yes, he's been very successful. 

Well. Also the situtation remains, that in fact, he could fire them, if he saw reason for that or wanted to.

And whether you agree with the kind of success he has is inconsequential to him too. It pays the bill and and he can always go out and play rockstar. Despite of what it looks like now, I'm sure come show time shows will be decently filled with cheering fans. He definitely isn't out to please some keyboard warriors and he also isn't after their their adolation and approval. If he truly would be concerned about those things, the past 25 years would have played out completely differently.

Edited by PatrickS77

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Also the situtation remains, that in fact, he could fire them, if he saw reason for that or wanted to.

And whether you agree with the kind of success he has is inconsequential to him too. It pays the bill and and he can always go out and play rockstar. Despite of what it looks like now, I'm sure come show time shows will be decently filled with cheering fans. He definitely isn't out to please some keyboard warriors and he also isn't after their their adolation and approval. If he truly would be concerned about those things, the past 25 years would have played out completely differently.

Right, I agree with that. I'm not saying Axl isn't to blame. Axl seems to be the only person who always says Axl isn't to blame lol

• Haha 1

Just now, adamsapple said:

No amount of money ever bought a second of time. Artistically, they've all been bankrupt for at least a decade. I get wanting to provide for family too but seriously how much money is ever enough? Buy everyone some land and a nice house, put 10 million dollars in their accounts each and rest assured they can live happily everafter and provide for their own children and even their childrens children with all that money unless they fuck it up themselves.

I don't get why people keep touring once they reach those numbers when they have nothing new to say and like Axl don't even seem to enjoy it much, struggling with aging and the limitations and health issues it naturally brings. I get the travelling and joy of music part, but if I had so much money I'd making music I like and for all else just call it a day, maybe do select shows in select venues for hardcore fans for the fun of it.

Greed. 

Once you start putting money above all else, you can never have enough of it. No money is ever enough for people who crave it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...