2021 concert threads

23 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Hangin around here waiting for the start of the tour, expecting the worst, hoping for the best though.

Haven't bought tickets yet for the two shows I might or might not attend, gonna wait and see first.

I would LOVE to be wrong. I sincerely hope that reports come in from the first few shows that make me go "oh shit, I was wrong, I'm buying Detroit tickets right now". 

I'm not hopeful it'll happen, but I'd love it if it did 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would LOVE to be wrong. I sincerely hope that reports come in from the first few shows that make me go "oh shit, I was wrong, I'm buying Detroit tickets right now". 

I'm not hopeful it'll happen, but I'd love it if it did 

I hear ya, for what they've shown I think it's only fair not getting too excited just yet. I could even live without any new songs if only their performance had soul again. Time will tell....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Going with family to see them in Brisbane. I've considered getting Gold Coast tickets too, but I think I'll wait and see what they're offering first. It'll be fun either way, I've only seen them once!

I never seen them yet, only just missed out in ‘17 due to commitments. Really nervous to see whether Melbourne goes ahead i really hope above all i can see the boys live this year. Coming up from Tassie just to see them!

Edited by Joraz
  • Like 1

I never seen them yet, only just missed out in ‘17 due to commitments. Really nervous to see whether Melbourne goes ahead i really hope above all i can see the boys live this year. Coming up from Tassie just to see them!

I saw them in 2017, was mostly going to pay attention to Slash, see if I could learn a thing or two about guitar. I only knew half their major hits. It became a rabbit hole, and has led to now, where I'm pretty sure I know just about every song they've ever made, a large portion of which was never even freaking released :facepalm:  I'm turning 20 this year and I'm pretty sure I myself will not live to see them release something.

Edited by UseYourDemocracyIII
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

I saw them in 2017, was mostly going to pay attention to Slash, see if I could learn a thing or two about guitar. I only knew half their major hits. It became a rabbit hole, and has led to now, where I'm pretty sure I know just about every song they've ever made, a large portion of which was never even freaking released :facepalm:  I'm turning 20 this year and I'm pretty sure I myself will not live to see them release something.

Same here man im 21 this year and it was said tour that took me down the rabbit hole too and id say i know all their songs including every village leak and sll leaked tracks and demos lmao rip. Dod you hear Hardschool soundcheck at the last show of 2020? Was so cool to finally hear even a short snippet of Axl singing an unofficially released song! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joraz said:

Same here man im 21 this year and it was said tour that took me down the rabbit hole too and id say i know all their songs including every village leak and sll leaked tracks and demos lmao rip. Dod you hear Hardschool soundcheck at the last show of 2020? Was so cool to finally hear even a short snippet of Axl singing an unofficially released song! 

Welcome young gunners!!! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

Is anybody on this board actually expecting something great happening for the upcoming shows? Like, a bunch of new songs being performed, new (old) members, a release date, a single, Axl being in top shape? Serious question. 

No because none of that is going to happen. 

Just now, El Guapo said:

Is anybody on this board actually expecting something great happening for the upcoming shows? Like, a bunch of new songs being performed, new (old) members, a release date, a single, Axl being in top shape? Serious question. 

Surely not? If they are, then it's really on them. There's been no indication, either historically or currently, that any of that will happen. 

44 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

My expectation is to enjoy a few beers and food while tailgating and then listening to my favorite all time band. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tonyp44 said:

Have pit tickets! Lets pregame

Nice! Enjoy it! I would but I'm going with a childhood friend of mine. He and I will probably meet with a couple of his other friends. I'm not sure where I will be in the parking lot. I'm not sure which car we are taking. I have a disabled placard so if we go in my car then I'll be parking in a disabled spot. If we go in his car then it'll be someplace in the  parking lot.  I definitely will not be on here that day. 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I’m optimistic that the stage may look a little bit different this time, and that the primary order of songs might go a little different. And they will probably be done with the NITL visuals and merch. I’d say not much other than that. 

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I dont expect all of this but i have been hanging out to see how Axl looks this time, and a new setlist hopefully incorporating at the very least Hardschool. Fernando’s chat last year gave me hope that we will get something in the next 2 years.

10 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Surely not? If they are, then it's really on them. There's been no indication, either historically or currently, that any of that will happen. 

Dude there is an indication of atleast an album if Hardschool was soundchecked at the last show, only time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joraz said:

I dont expect all of this but i have been hanging out to see how Axl looks this time, and a new setlist hopefully incorporating at the very least Hardschool. Fernando’s chat last year gave me hope that we will get something in the next 2 years.

Dude there is an indication of atleast an album if Hardschool was soundchecked at the last show, only time will tell I guess.

'At least an album'? I think you're going to be very disappointed to be honest.

To my view there's no indication whatsoever that there is a new album. Until there's something other than vague evasive comments in interviews then, given the way this band works, expecting anything is just setting yourself up for a big let down. 

If you're going, have fun....but don't get your hopes up that the album is on it's way and you'll be getting an all new setlist. You'll only be let down. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1