2021 GNR Ticket VS. Nintendo Switch OLED?

GN'R are playing in my area (Dallas) on September 1st. I was considering going. However, after the announcement of the Nintendo Switch OLED I am considering buying the Switch OLED and skipping the GNR gig. 

I have seen 4 NITL shows and the last one I attended (Austin 2019-10-11) was lame and extremely boring to sit through. 

Considering that the Nintendo Switch OLED will cost $380 (incl. tax) and a single decent GNR ticket costs around $300, I feel the Switch OLED would be a better investment than a GNR ticket. 
Would anyone disagree? :D Peace!

Edited by rockphantom

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I pre-ordered the Switch OLED. That's $378 TB and Live Nation won't be getting. :P

This will be my first Nintendo console since the N64 in 1996. I'm a Playstation guy!

Does anyone have suggestions on essential Switch accessories to pick up?

I will definitely order a Pro controller, large MicroSD card, case, and screen protector.

What else should I get? 

Thanks!!

Thanks for list Oldest Goat. I am definitely interested in the 1st party Nintendo games. I have several third party games you suggest on my PS5 and they are great. Especially the Sega titles (I'm an early 90s Genesis owner). Streets of Rage 4 is awesome! The Mr. X Nightmare DLC is a lot of fun. BTW, is there a Punch-Out!! Game for the Switch?

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Coma16 said:

The right decision was always the Switch. Enjoy!

Thanks, October 8th cannot get here soon enough!
After seeing the setlist for the "new" GNR tour, the Switch will be a MUCH better investment.
I am always up for learning about recommended Switch titles, specifically games that are exclusive to the Nintendo console.
I am looking forward to Metroid Dread!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wanted to mention that I received the Switch OLED one month ago and am really enjoying it. As a die-hard Playstation guy, I now understand why the Switch has been so popular for nearly 5 years. My current favorite game is Super Mario Odyssey. Ultra Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe are a lot of fun too! I was able to get the Switch OLED for $283 using some discounts. Ironically, the cost of a single, no frills, lower level GNR ticket is around $280-$300. IMHO, the Switch OLED is the far superior value. I am pleased with what I received for the same price as 1 GNR ticket! :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...