Jump to content

What’s the largest crowd they have had since the reunion?


Recommended Posts

What’s the largest crowd they have had since 2016? I’m interested in both the US and abroad. Pics would be cool if anyone has them of the crowd. I was just going through some old video clips I took of DC, Pittsburgh, Philly, and NJ from 16’ and of those Id say NJ followed closely by Philly. Pittsburgh didn’t have near as large of a crowd, but it was still electric. Axl even said how KOHD was the loudest he’s heard anywhere, he even told us that again 2 nights later in Philly, which was met with lots of booooos lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoBucky said:

I'd guess the two stadium shows in Jersey and Slane Castle in Ireland. 

Was the second show at MetLife sold out? I remember during night one there were advertisements throughout the stadium saying tix were still available for the next night. I wasn’t sure if it filled up or not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

Unfortunately some of the shows don’t have attendance listed. I’m curious how many were at the louder than life festival in September of 19’. That was probably the largest crowd I was ever in. I was up front, but I’m pretty tall, when I turned around and looked back, I couldn’t see the end. Just an endless sea of people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Caedo said:

The show I went to at the MCG had 75k, biggest stadium in Aus and looked basically at capacity 

Im heading to the MCG to see them on 11th November (if we’re lucky) cos im a Tassie guy i couldnt miss the opportunity to see my fave band in person! Doubt itll be that crowded though unfortunately

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Im heading to the MCG to see them on 11th November (if we’re lucky) cos im a Tassie guy i couldnt miss the opportunity to see my fave band in person! Doubt itll be that crowded though unfortunately

Haha I'm a Tassie guy as well! I'm just waiting for them to offer discount tickets to hopefully book it, can't see it selling that well either 

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Original said:

Yowser!   Gives me chills. 

It still gives me chills too, thinking back to Axl’s attempt on TWAT! 
I can unfortunately say I’ve been at two of the most critically panned performances of this tour in Slane and Berlin, but Slane was some spectacle with the sheer amount of folk there.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

download can hold about 110/120k, the 3 biggest crowds I have seen there were acdc 2010, iron maiden 2016 and GnR 2018, all bursting so at least 100k. They also increased the day ticket prices for GnR day, they're about £75 for a day ticket, but for the saturday GnR played it was £100. But there were lots of rumours of the festivals budget going mainly to GnR that year, £5m + to GnR alone. They came on early and finished early. then made us walk a different way back to the festival village and exits so Axl could get his helicopter out straight after the show. Plus they built a separate backstage area 'The size of a football pitch' that only GnR were allowed to use. Interesting tidbits if anyone cares

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dean said:

It still gives me chills too, thinking back to Axl’s attempt on TWAT! 
I can unfortunately say I’ve been at two of the most critically panned performances of this tour in Slane and Berlin, but Slane was some spectacle with the sheer amount of folk there.

You should have a medal 🏅

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, mikeman5150 said:

What’s the largest crowd they have had since 2016? I’m interested in both the US and abroad. Pics would be cool if anyone has them of the crowd. I was just going through some old video clips I took of DC, Pittsburgh, Philly, and NJ from 16’ and of those Id say NJ followed closely by Philly. Pittsburgh didn’t have near as large of a crowd, but it was still electric. Axl even said how KOHD was the loudest he’s heard anywhere, he even told us that again 2 nights later in Philly, which was met with lots of booooos lol

The two NJ shows were definitely the biggest for GNR.  Having lived in North NJ my entire life, I can. say that the original GNR was and is VERY popular so it's not surprising. I think Dodger Stadium as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

The two NJ shows were definitely the biggest for GNR.  Having lived in North NJ my entire life, I can. say that the original GNR was and is VERY popular so it's not surprising. I think Dodger Stadium as well. 

I was at the first NJ show and it was definitely packed, but I think the louder than life festival might’ve been more people. Hard to tell though, standing room looks a lot different than a stadium with all the seats filled. Plus, the louder than life festival wasn’t an exclusive GNR show. I think we’re all pretty sure most people showed up to see Ice Cube lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...