07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

20 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The guitar tone at the end sounds almost identical to the studio version. Also the drums. 

19 minutes ago, Joraz said:

My thought exactly!!

The video clip you linked to is a lot slower than BOB though.

6 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

now black hole sun....

Oh no

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:42 PM, Subtle Signs said:

Five hour drive but I'm going. My Daughter has never seen GnR and neither of us have ever been to Hershey park so I'm going up Friday and spending all day Saturday in the park before the show. Don't have tickets but I don't think that'll be a problem getting them through Stubhub or at the box office before they start. Wolfie at 7 so I'm thinking Guns from 815 to 11. 

Five hour drive for me too. Taking my son who’s never seen them before. Just got our tickets in the pit an hour ago. Have fun!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I can live with BHS in the set. It's just one song. 

Even though I would totally prefer Rosie/Riff Raff or other songs. 

I hear ya but that one is terrible... Throw the CD songs on top of there and they start adding up.. Locomotive and Out Ta Get Me make up for it though. 

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hear ya but that one is terrible... Throw the CD songs on top of there and they start adding up.. Locomotive and Out Ta Get Me make up for it though. 

You probably know that I love CD and anything CD related :P

I just hope they won't play any new cover songs (even from TSI?). 

They should add deep cuts from UYI and CD. Even Move to the City. That would be much more interesting. 

Edited by Sosso

thanks to those streaming.  I'll be tuning in as I'm not going to the show.  

here's what I heard while in Hershey park today:

Rocket Queen 3 times with just bass and drums.

a few bars of slither and Jungle. 

when I came back to the area where I could hear them again the whole band was playing (minus Axl):

coma

locomotive
out to get me
my michelle
black hole sun
catcher in the rye
sorry
Madagascar
prostitute
twat
hard school
used to live her
then I missed one or two songs
paradise city

the guys started playing at 1pm and ended around 7.  the band definitely put the work in and from what I could hear, they were great.  Slash KILLED IT on locomotive.   hope it's a great tour!  

quick edit:  as we were leaving the park, we walked along side the stadium.  the band already left by then.  there was this big tent to the left of the stage outside of the stadium and I wondered out loud what that was for. 

my 9 year old daughter says "dad, that's where they do their meet and greets with the fans".

I let out a good chuckle and said "meet and greet?  GNR?  it's about time I explained to you how GNR treats their fan base"   lol

then my wife says "wait, are they still relevant enough NOT to do meet and greets?" then she took a breath and says "well, I guess as long as they have guys like you who haven't updated their playlist in 30 years, they don't have to"   

lol

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hard School is happening boys!!!!!

The instrumental sounds great. Bring it on!!!!

The demo had already great potential and Slash delivered such a classic GNR vibe. It made me believe that there's at least some work in progress in terms of new material since it's the first concrete proof we have. Loved that they removed the unnecessary intro/outro parts from the leak and added a very nice slow section that kind of reminded me of Estranged.

Man, what a strange feeling it is to listen some creative work from Guns nowadays.

• Like 1