07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I can deal with not hearing dead horse, slither, you’re crazy, and duffs cover.

I want to see all those!! Slow version of You're Crazy is one of my top 5 songs by them..  I definitely want to hear Dead Horse no matter what Axl sounds like. The Stooges cover didn't excite me but I watched it last night and it was pretty cool actually. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I have defended GNR once too many times. After this last date, I cant defend them anymore. The show sucked, the setlist sucked. It was the worst show I've seen in awhile. Glad I didnt waste money to see this live. I'm disappointed that nothing different was played. Guess I'm the only one sick of the Bloated KOHD. Why not play Hard Skool, street of dreams, sorry maddy. Just to change it up a bit.  But that's asking for too much. Oh well. Was I excited for this tour. Yes. Stupid me. 

Way I see it is, IF they play a new song I'd much prefer if Axl can actually sing it. I have no interest in hearing him sing when he's dropping every second line. Maybe he improves on a few shows then Hardschool and all the others might get a look in. 

Honestly I'm not too bothered about Hardschool, I think I have a good idea of where they've taken it and it's fine but if I was GNR that wouldn't be my first reunion release out of the gate.... but beggars can not be choosers so I'll take whatever they play in regard to new music.

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Tour openers are never the best shows.

Itll take him a few weeks to get into full fitness physically and vocally. 

Not many 59 year olds running around for 3 hours singing in his range. 

What range is that?😛 

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Also maybe he shouldn't run around when he's having a hard time singing when he stands still. Just a thought😄 he thinks he has to run around, but most would probably prefer to hear him sound good and maybe do a bit of talking to the audience instead of sprints and sounding like he just did a marathon

• Haha 1

Just now, Axl_morris said:

Maybe he should do that few weeks it takes to get him into full fitness physically and vocally in his own time then?

Or if he wants to do it front of an audience, don't charge them? 

There's really no excuse for 'taking a few weeks to warm up' when people are dropping hundreds of dollars on tickets. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I will agree with that.  At first I saw the setlist and and watched a few clips and was like WTF??

If there was a silver lining it was that I liked Slash's tone and the tempo was noticeably better on a lot of songs. November Rain for one. It seems as though they may have dropped the pyro and click track which is a great thing. 

Axl was brutal and I just hope he is better tonight. He had to just straight up skip lines and words which I really don't ever recall him doing.  

For the amount of money they charge, I enjoy the 3 hours shows and it was a bummer to see a shorter version of almost the exact setlist. The band should have rented an arena for a week and just played the shit out of all their songs (with Axl) 

Would have liked to see Locomotive, Shadow, Think About You and Out Ta Get Me.. The only songs they played last night that I haven't see during the reunion were Dead Horse, Slither, You're Crazy and I'm Gonna Be Your Dog..  Hopefully they at least play those tonight.

I know Axl is generally pretty bad the first show..  Does he ever improve by the second one?

Nobody going to the 2nd show should expect too much better than the first gig. I figure dead Horse is off the set for a while though, I'd be shocked if he sings it every night. Probably another fairly tight 2hr set i'd guess. By week 2 they'll creep up to 2.5hrs and week 3 the 3hr show will be back. My guess, but who knows maybe Axl has some shame and rehearsed a bit or begged his vocal coach to cine out.... or mercifully agreed to use tapes

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nobody going to the 2nd show should expect too much better than the first gig. I figure dead Horse is off the set for a while though, I'd be shocked if he sings it every night. Probably another fairly tight 2hr set i'd guess. By week 2 they'll creep up to 2.5hrs and week 3 the 3hr show will be back. My guess, but who knows maybe Axl has some shame and rehearsed a bit or begged his vocal coach to cine out.... or mercifully agreed to use tapes

I hope that isn't the case.. Dead Horse is right behind You're Crazy as far as songs I really want to see the most.. From the last set anyway.. My cousin sored free tix and looked at the setlist and said "that is sick they are playing Dead Horse"..  He is a casual too who has never seen them. I don't care what Axl sound like I want to see it.. The intro and outro will be awesome no matter what.. I will be singing a long to the verses and I love the solo..

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

It wasn't a three hour show, and it's not like he's aged drastically from 56 to 59. 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I want to see all those!! Slow version of You're Crazy is one of my top 5 songs by them..  I definitely want to hear Dead Horse no matter what Axl sounds like. The Stooges cover didn't excite me but I watched it last night and it was pretty cool actually. 

Dead Horse and You're Crazy were the highlights for me in Hershey.  I always loved the slow version of YC too, it's probably one or my top GnR tracks and it sounded great electric.  Axl sounded good on it too.

And Dead Horse was super cool to see live.  

The stooges cover was pretty good live, the band looked like they had fun playing it.  I'm wondering if Duff is going to cover any other songs during the tour or just stick with this one 🤔