07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They've definitely been doing something. No way that they band could've just bummed this one and have it sound as good as it does right now. If it premieres live, even if there's not an album, single, or EP on the horizon, this is still a form of a new music technically, and it's a step in the right direction. I've listened to the soundcheck 10 times already haha.

Agreed. It's been 5 years since Slash and Duff came back, there's no way they haven't been doing something in terms of writing. Let's hope Axl can actually do the song justice.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The original version is bad enough.. The Guns version is terrible

Played to death on MTV back in the day, but it's one hell of a great song. Not even in the top 10 of best Soundgarden songs for me though. GNR's version is horrible, both the music and the singing.

If they want to do a Soundgarden tune I wouldn't mind Burden In My Hand, that song is so fucking underrated and would suit Axl's voice much better than BHS.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nesret said:

That's great man :) Sorry for asking, do I need an account myself in order to watch the stream? (Yes, I'm still living in a cave, covering myself with mammoth fur) :D 

yes you need an account. 

16 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

thanks to those streaming.  I'll be tuning in as I'm not going to the show.  

here's what I heard while in Hershey park today:

Rocket Queen 3 times with just bass and drums.

a few bars of slither and Jungle. 

when I came back to the area where I could hear them again the whole band was playing (minus Axl):

coma

locomotive
out to get me
my michelle
black hole sun
catcher in the rye
sorry
Madagascar
prostitute
twat
hard school
used to live her
then I missed one or two songs
paradise city

the guys started playing at 1pm and ended around 7.  the band definitely put the work in and from what I could hear, they were great.  Slash KILLED IT on locomotive.   hope it's a great tour!  

quick edit:  as we were leaving the park, we walked along side the stadium.  the band already left by then.  there was this big tent to the left of the stage outside of the stadium and I wondered out loud what that was for. 

my 9 year old daughter says "dad, that's where they do their meet and greets with the fans".

I let out a good chuckle and said "meet and greet?  GNR?  it's about time I explained to you how GNR treats their fan base"   lol

then my wife says "wait, are they still relevant enough NOT to do meet and greets?" then she took a breath and says "well, I guess as long as they have guys like you who haven't updated their playlist in 30 years, they don't have to"   

lol

mate your fam is awesome, but you suck as much as I do, ur wife's so right :DD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

What time do we think GNR will take the stage? I’ll be watching live streams from the UK. Never been more excited for a GNR show, hopefully we’ll get to see some new stuff! 

Not sure, i read 7.30PM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

oi4oefj2.png

3jt5s2zy.png

These guys really know how to cr&p on their fans.  Rolling into the venue with merch trucks stating We’re F’N Back right next to the AFD 5 logo with Steven and Izzy.  It’s like Axl and Team Brazil know exactly what would really boost excitement and make them a real band again (not the current corporate version, which is the most glorified GNR cover band ever), but yet they are content to remain obstinate and enjoy pissing people off on purpose.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Not sure, i read 7.30PM.

Thank you 👍

11 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Is this show supposed to be the “All new show “ or did they scrap that? 

Based on the rehearsals, it seems like it’ll be a NITL show with maybe Hardschool added. 

Good question. Has all new show been mentioned on the promo stuff for this at all?

12 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Based on the rehearsals, it seems like it’ll be a NITL show with maybe Hardschool added. 

It seems like they continue the cancelled 2020 tour. 

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It seems like they continue the cancelled 2020 tour. 

How could it be a whole new show without a new album? I don’t understand why anybody believed it would be a new show. The band has 3.5 albums of material to play, so there isn’t much you can do to reimagine the tour. Maybe the band could hire the people who do U2’s stages and create something cool for the audience, but Guns are really just about the music. 

23 minutes ago, PeterNorth said:

These guys really know how to cr&p on their fans.  Rolling into the venue with merch trucks stating We’re F’N Back right next to the AFD 5 logo with Steven and Izzy.  It’s like Axl and Team Brazil know exactly what would really boost excitement and make them a real band again (not the current corporate version, which is the most glorified GNR cover band ever), but yet they are content to remain obstinate and enjoy pissing people off on purpose.

I doubt 25% of the stadium even knows or cares who Steven and Izzy specifically are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ixtlan said:

How could it be a whole new show without a new album? I don’t understand why anybody believed it would be a new show. The band has 3.5 albums of material to play, so there isn’t much you can do to reimagine the tour. Maybe the band could hire the people who do U2’s stages and create something cool for the audience, but Guns are really just about the music. 

There is a lot they can do, but choose not to.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

With maybe pretty tied up, you’re crazy, and think about you added, with some of the Chinese songs sprinkled throughout of their feel like it. 

Who’s in line already? Headed there now. 

I'm watching some concerts of Prince on YouTube from 2010 and it got me thinking that it can't be overstated the warm, comforting feel of hearing classic songs live. Say what you want about progress with new music or the same old setlists; there's just a good vibe hearing these old songs with the history and memories attached to them. I hope they put on a great show and that everyone in attendance has a great time.

• Like 1